The AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 Discussion Thread

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
For me its been preparing to ship since last Friday with the authorization hold and no eta.

Normally will have 3 email to complete the process

1. Order confirmation
2. Dispatch confirmation
3. Delivery confirmation

Do you received dispatch email? If not probably still in preparation stage from their warehouse transfer

Mr BBFA

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon finally got estimated date for my 5900X that I ordered on launch day. Mid-Jan...WTF. I hope it's just them being extra pessimistic with the date and that it will show up sooner.

you bought on amazon sg? i received my 5900x order confirmation email at 10.03pm on launch day, but until now still no shipping date yet =(

cpu buy from amazon us / sg is the same right? if want rma need to send back to them?

so far anyone got issues with cpu need to rma?

my gpu / psu and mobo getting locally, thought of the rest get online to save cost.

5600x locally around 450 - 470, i saw on amazon only 350 sgd :s22:

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
cpu buy from amazon us / sg is the same right? if want rma need to send back to them?

so far anyone got issues with cpu need to rma?

my gpu / psu and mobo getting locally, thought of the rest get online to save cost.

5600x locally around 450 - 470, i saw on amazon only 350 sgd :s22:

cpu i would say safe to buy online, only "dead" cpus ive come across were bent/broken pins. after resolder pins still can work. im also running old af cpus with no problem. both intel and amd cpus have international warranty anyway.

mobo is case by case lor, just see if the local warranty is worth the markup. i would say if the markup is more than 1/3 the cost of export set then buying export set is justified.

psu is no brainer buy local, case also unless is those no gpu mini itx cases.

ram, ssd dont even bother with local.

transparos

Reaction score
cpu i would say safe to buy online, only "dead" cpus ive come across were bent/broken pins. after resolder pins still can work. im also running old af cpus with no problem. both intel and amd cpus have international warranty anyway.

mobo is case by case lor, just see if the local warranty is worth the markup. i would say if the markup is more than 1/3 the cost of export set then buying export set is justified.

psu is no brainer buy local, case also unless is those no gpu mini itx cases.

ram, ssd dont even bother with local.

Dunno why the diff for ssd and rams are so huge between overseas and local.. I do prefer the traditional way of going to sim lim to purchases components for full build but online seems the way to go just that some warranty risks involved.

skrekro

Reaction score
Dunno why the diff for ssd and rams are so huge between overseas and local.. I do prefer the traditional way of going to sim lim to purchases components for full build but online seems the way to go just that some warranty risks involved.

Ram, ssd, even cpu I wouldnt even consider it a risk. I sent a ssd to US and it's only like 15$.

My 5600x from amazon just got dispatched an hour ago. My rtx 3080 gigabyte aorus master is preparing for shipment.

Last edited:

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ram, ssd, even cpu I wouldnt even consider it a risk. I sent a ssd to US and it's only like 15$.

My 5600x from amazon just got dispatched an hour ago. My rtx 3080 gigabyte aorus master is preparing for shipment.

i thought amazon dont ship 5600x here? u use US address?

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i thought amazon dont ship 5600x here? u use US address?

Amazon does ship direct to Singapore. If it does not, it will tell you on the product page. But All 5000 series do ship here.

If you search in amazon.sg, will see local SLS shop "scapling" the chips at a higher price...:eek:

Kunkka

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon does ship direct to Singapore. If it does not, it will tell you on the product page. But All 5000 series do ship here.

If you search in amazon.sg, will see local SLS shop "scapling" the chips at a higher price...:eek:

ive seen amazon US restock many time but sg did not
amazon.png

Last edited:

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
QPefL8m.png

Newegg US is dropping 5000 CPUs combos every now and then.....

You need to have US shipping address....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.