HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #181
Arch-Supremacy Member

Interesting chart. Seems like a good performance point is 3200MHz CL16, although he concluded the 3200MHz CL16 Corsair LPX is running better than other brands. I wonder what die is the LPX running?
according to thaiphoon
it can be samsung b die, Hynix A/M die

Most likely he got the B die
AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 + Scythe Mugen 5 Rev B
Mainboard
ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
Graphics Card
MSI RX 580 8GB Gaming X
Memory
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 (16GBx2) CL16 Micron E
Display
Dell U2412M + LG 24MP59G-P
Storage
Crucial MX100 256GB + Kingston UV500 240GB + WD Black 1TB
Optical Storage
-
Casing
Fractal-Design Meshify C
PSU
SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w
Audio
-
OS
Window 10 Pro 64bit

robolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 06:34 PM   #182

Just to share the cost and parts for my gf's new com, white build:
Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450m Mortar Titanium - $457 (PCThemes)
Galax EX White 2070 - $622 (Lazada)
Corsair Vengeance LPX CL15 3000Mhz 4x8GB RAM - $192 (Amazon Prime Now)
Arctic P12 PWM White case fans x 2 - $28 Amazon Prime Now)
Intel 660p 1TB NVME SSD - $131 (Amazon Prime Now)
Asus PCE-AC55BT PCI wifi adapter - $38 (Amazon Prime Now)
ID Cooling Frostflow X240 Snow - $80 (Taobao)
Tecware Nexus M Black/white case - $45 (Shopee)
Crucial BX500 1TB SATA SSD - $112 (Amazon)

Total Damage : $1705

Reused my spare Seasonic 620W for PSU.

Also the SLS price lists not very useful ah, for some stores the pricelist put 448 or 446 for this CPU+Mobo bundle, but when contact them they give me prices like 499 and 478? Bros better save your breath and get from reputable shops like PCThemes or Fuwell.
BambooEX and StationA like this.
Processor
Intel i5-2500k 4.6GHz Corsair H100i
Mainboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3
Graphics Card
XFX 7970 DD Black Edition
Memory
G.Skill Ripjaw 4x4GB 1866MHz
Display
Qnix QHD 27" 1440P
Storage
2x Crucial M4 128GB RAID0 + Seagate 2x2TB
Casing
Corsair Carbide 500R White
PSU
OCZ Fatal1ty 750W
Audio
Audyssey LES speakers
OS
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

-Sora- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 11:11 PM   #183
High Supremacy Member

... In the end bought MSI X470 Gaming plus without the max, since I will be using it for a Ryzen 7 2700.
Should reconsider and at least go for the max version if you still can.

Some manufacturers seem to have issues doing full Zen2 BIOS for pre-existing mobos with 16MB BIOS chips.

Decision is ultimately yours but for new purchasers with future upgrading considerations should do some research in this aspect.

HTH

Looking to Casket Late-eX for Intel...
MacClipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #184
Arch-Supremacy Member

I ordered a Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo from Amazon for abt S$64, from my research, its better than Cyroig H7 which PCT sells at S$60.

Going to pair it with a 3600 & tomahawk max or even a 3700x if I'm willing to pay $200 more.
any links? the name itself is cool enough
Old 28-07-2019, 11:54 PM   #185

Should reconsider and at least go for the max version if you still can.

Some manufacturers seem to have issues doing full Zen2 BIOS for pre-existing mobos with 16MB BIOS chips.

Decision is ultimately yours but for new purchasers with future upgrading considerations should do some research in this aspect.

HTH
Its ok, I got the X470 motherboard at 10% lower price than the B450 Max retail price . I prefer the GSE lite bios than the click bios 5, less clutter. Old school look (reflecting my age) I even miss the blue screen CMOS utility of the AMI. Good old days

Last edited by MagixuserII; 28-07-2019 at 11:59 PM..
Processor
Some Old Quad Processor lying around
Mainboard
Dusted off compatible mobo that can work with my Processor
Graphics Card
Green Card sometime I switch to the Red Card
Memory
Can't remember
Display
Some old school CRT, And its flat screen "Woohoo"
Storage
Old Spinning noisy thing, wish I have an SSD
Optical Storage
Is that the DVD-drive thingy?
Casing
Old ATX, I think its called a Chieftec Dragon?
PSU
I plug it in to Singapore Power, does that count?
Audio
on-board
OS
Windows NT 5.0 a.k.a Windows 2000

MagixuserII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 12:08 AM   #186

any links? the name itself is cool enough
Sign up for amazon prime sg (android/apple store). New signup is free for 30 days. search for Arctic Freezer 34 Duo on International cost only S$55. Delivery is free for orders above S$60.

btw,

if your interested in a Vega 56

Last edited by MagixuserII; 29-07-2019 at 12:36 AM..
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Can't remember
Display
Storage
Optical Storage
Casing
PSU
Audio
on-board
OS

Old 29-07-2019, 01:41 AM   #187

Posted the below at Ryzen club thread but just want to share my issue with others. Sorry for the lengthy story.

I'm having problem with the rig now. It's down as of writing. Mentioned yesterday that 1 stick of ram is faulty(unable to boot if insert it on any slot). As such use the 2nd ram to fix up the new rig.

All was fine from sat night till Sunday afternoon where I left the rig idling at desktop( disabled sleep and hibernate) throughout the 14 hrs with minor usage like installing programs and playing nba2k18 etc without any issue.

Problem came when I opened chome this afternoon. FYI I got a lot of tabs open in chrome, around 30 tabs. It was during this time that I encountered memory management bsod. Subsequent restart will still boot to desktop but during the loading of startup / system program, the bsod will come back almost immediately. Feeling frustrated, proceed to fresh install windows again.

It got worse when in the middle of windows installation, an error pop up "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570." Thought it might be the USB drive issue but after recreated the drive 2 times with different USB drive, the error persist. Google and found others also face similar issue and some manage to point down to ram issue. After they change ram then can install.

Tested the only ram that I have using memtest and the test aborted itself due to too many errors. Tested in both xmp disabled and enabled @3200MHz, ram is 3200MHz. So I take it that ram is the issue. Really damn suay to have 2 new ram stick both having issue. Somemore I bought the ram due to the model is in mb QVL list.

Going to convergent to rma this both stick of ram maybe this Wed. Hope replacement will be fine even though my rma set is sealed new set but still got issue.

May I check do I need to enable xmp profile to run the ram at the specific speed of 3200MHz for the described ram for windows installation? If I don't enable, it will run at 2133MHz under auto xmp disabled.

** no overclock done to cpu. Only tried running ram using xmp profile to run at specific 3200MHz as describe, if not will be xmp disable.
Processor
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, Intel i5-4570, Noctua NH-D14
Mainboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi, MSI H87-G43 Gaming
Graphics Card
Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! Edition, MSI R9 280X
Memory
Corsair DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB, Team Elite DDR3 1333MHz 2x2GB, 2x4GB
Display
ViewSonic VX3276-2K-mhd WQHD, Dell Ultrasharp U2414H
Storage
Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe M2 SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 250 & 500 GB SSD, Toshiba 2TB
Optical Storage
LG GH22NS40 DVDRW
Casing
Corsair 760T Arctic White, Phanteks P350X
PSU
Seasonic Focus+ 750w, Seasonic X 750w
Audio
Asus Xonar DX, Creative T3
OS
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits

leongws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 02:02 AM   #188
Supremacy Member

May I check do I need to enable xmp profile to run the ram at the specific speed of 3200MHz for the described ram for windows installation? If I don't enable, it will run at 2133MHz under auto xmp disabled.
Nope, you can set custom speed and timings. Suggest you try 3000MHz.
Processor
Ryzen 3700X
Mainboard
Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming K7
Graphics Card
Galax GTX 1070Ti EX-SNPR
Memory
Team T-Force Night Hawk 2X8GB DDR4-3200@3600 16-17-19-36 1.36V
Display
Acer Predator Z35
Storage
Adata 2TB SX8200 Pro + Sandisk 480GB Extreme Pro + 2X4TB HGST NAS + 8TB Seagate Barracuda
Casing
Phanteks P400S
PSU
Corsair AX1200i
OS
Windows 10 Pro

Koenig168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 02:35 AM   #189

Posted the below at Ryzen club thread but just want to share my issue with others. Sorry for the lengthy story.

I'm having problem with the rig now. It's down as of writing. Mentioned yesterday that 1 stick of ram is faulty(unable to boot if insert it on any slot). As such use the 2nd ram to fix up the new rig.

All was fine from sat night till Sunday afternoon where I left the rig idling at desktop( disabled sleep and hibernate) throughout the 14 hrs with minor usage like installing programs and playing nba2k18 etc without any issue.

Problem came when I opened chome this afternoon. FYI I got a lot of tabs open in chrome, around 30 tabs. It was during this time that I encountered memory management bsod. Subsequent restart will still boot to desktop but during the loading of startup / system program, the bsod will come back almost immediately. Feeling frustrated, proceed to fresh install windows again.

It got worse when in the middle of windows installation, an error pop up "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570." Thought it might be the USB drive issue but after recreated the drive 2 times with different USB drive, the error persist. Google and found others also face similar issue and some manage to point down to ram issue. After they change ram then can install.

Tested the only ram that I have using memtest and the test aborted itself due to too many errors. Tested in both xmp disabled and enabled @3200MHz, ram is 3200MHz. So I take it that ram is the issue. Really damn suay to have 2 new ram stick both having issue. Somemore I bought the ram due to the model is in mb QVL list.

Going to convergent to rma this both stick of ram maybe this Wed. Hope replacement will be fine even though my rma set is sealed new set but still got issue.

** no overclock done to cpu. Only tried running ram using xmp profile to run at specific 3200MHz as describe, if not will be xmp disable.
That's why I returned my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 and went for a Crucial Ballistics 3200, its been trouble free so far (knock on wood). Corsair LPX is a touch and go for Ryzen systems, its either very good or very bad in terms of compatibility.
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Can't remember
Display
Storage
Optical Storage
Casing
PSU
Audio
on-board
OS

Old 29-07-2019, 03:23 AM   #190
High Supremacy Member

May I check do I need to enable xmp profile to run the ram at the specific speed of 3200MHz for the described ram for windows installation? If I don't enable, it will run at 2133MHz under auto xmp disabled.*

For gigabyte mobo , 2 methods

Easy method
Under MIT options select enable xmp
Computer will auto select the optimal freq and timings gor you

Difficult method
Select the DRAM voltage according to your ram
Processor
AMD Ryzen 1700X | EK-Supremacy EVO
Mainboard
MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
Graphics Card
MSI GTX1080 Gaming X | EK-FC1080 GTX TF6
Memory
Adata XPG Spectrix D40 2400mhz 2x8gb
Display
Acer XB271HU
Storage
WD Black NVMe 512Gb SSD
Casing
Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900
PSU
Enermax Platimax DF Platinum 1200w
Audio
Edifier S1000db | Sound Blasterx AE-5 | Sennheiser HD600
OS
Windows 10

5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 04:31 AM   #191

Nope, you can set custom speed and timings. Suggest you try 3000MHz.
When u say custom speed of 3000MHz, u mean enable xmp profile and manual set to 3000MHz? Cause with xmp profile enable and set to auto, it will become 3200MHz automatically.

That's why I returned my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 and went for a Crucial Ballistics 3200, its been trouble free so far (knock on wood). Corsair LPX is a touch and go for Ryzen systems, its either very good or very bad in terms of compatibility.
As I using noctua d14, corsair vengeance lpx is easily the shortest height wise so ease of installation. Seems like crucial ballistix sport LT height also almost similar to corsair lpx. Wonder will Convergent recommend/ exchange the pair of ram with the most compatibility brand/model to Ryzen 3000 series. I cannot afford to go down all the time.

For gigabyte mobo , 2 methods

Easy method
Under MIT options select enable xmp
Computer will auto select the optimal freq and timings gor you

Difficult method
Select the DRAM voltage according to your ram
Like I mentioned, I used the "easy method" where I enabled xmp profile and it auto set my frequency to 3200MHz and timings

Last edited by leongws; 29-07-2019 at 05:33 AM..
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Storage
Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe M2 SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 250 & 500 GB SSD, Toshiba 2TB
Optical Storage
LG GH22NS40 DVDRW
Casing
PSU
Audio
OS

Old 29-07-2019, 04:41 AM   #192

You mean you tried this?
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...-bios.3302443/
If you choose A-XMP, either Profile 1 or 2 (vendor present, auto-xmp), it should be able to run as marketed: i.e. if they sell you 3200mhz, should have a preset to allow you to run at 3200mhz. I made a similar mistake trying to use MSI's "Memory Try It" function to "OC" the RAMs to 3200mhz, but encountered booting issues (had to clear CMOS). Lucky nothing happened to my RAMs (checked with diagnostic tool).

If you used the above method, should be under warranty. If other OC methods, then not sure

Last edited by Wildreamz; 29-07-2019 at 04:43 AM..
Processor
Ryzen 5 3600 / AMD Wraith Stealth
Mainboard
MSI Mortar Titanium B450M
Graphics Card
Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3GB
Memory
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 (Black)
Display
Samsung Syncmaster XL2370
Storage
Samsung Evo 250GB + Seagate® ST2000DM001 7200.14 2TB
Casing
Corsair Carbide Series 275Q Quiet
PSU
Seasonic Focus Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W
Audio
CARAT Ruby Hi-Fi Audio DAC + Audioengine A2
OS
Windows 10 Pro

Wildreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 05:12 AM   #193

You mean you tried this?
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...-bios.3302443/
If you choose A-XMP, either Profile 1 or 2 (vendor present, auto-xmp), it should be able to run as marketed: i.e. if they sell you 3200mhz, should have a preset to allow you to run at 3200mhz. I made a similar mistake trying to use MSI's "Memory Try It" function to "OC" the RAMs to 3200mhz, but encountered booting issues (had to clear CMOS). Lucky nothing happened to my RAMs (checked with diagnostic tool).

If you used the above method, should be under warranty. If other OC methods, then not sure
Yes I choose xmp profile 1. In fact only 1 profile available to choose and it auto set everything to 3200MHz. Didn't use any other custom settings to change to 32000MHz.

For my pair of rams, 1 piece already DOA upon first after with cmos cleared before booting up for 1st time. Unable to boot at all with it in any slot. 2nd one is encountered the problem I describe in the lengthy post.

For memtest, good working rams won't have any error at all? I performed memtest to the 2nd ram which are able to boot and found so many error that the program stop itself. In fact it stopped after 4mins with more errors found during this period of time with xmp profile disabled and use auto where the system set it at 2133MHz.
After enable xmp profile, auto clock the frequency at 3200MHz. it ran for about 33mins before stopping due to too many errors. I just click run test without selecting any other options for memtest.

xmp profile disabled and frequency auto at 2133MHz:

xmp profile enabled and frequency auto at 3200MHz:

Last edited by leongws; 29-07-2019 at 05:20 AM..
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Storage
Optical Storage
LG GH22NS40 DVDRW
Casing
PSU
Audio
OS

Old 29-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #194
High Supremacy Member

Very unusual to get both DOA sticks of new RAM out of the box, there may be other possibilities eg. bad RAM slots, bad CPU etc.

Do you have other RAM or other ddr4 mobos to swap things around to troubleshoot?

Looking to Casket Late-eX for Intel...
MacClipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #195

Very unusual to get both DOA sticks of new RAM out of the box, there may be other possibilities eg. bad RAM slots, bad CPU etc.

Do you have other RAM or other ddr4 mobos to swap things around to troubleshoot?
Only 1 stick is DOA. The other one can boot. It allow me to boot, set enable xmp to 3200MHz auto. Also installed windows etc. It was only when I use chome then issue started and never ending since then. Cannot even reinstall windows. Memtest86 also shows tons of errors. Not sure why. Now memtest86 still relevant for ram test? My result is very bad?

Only have ddr3 ram and no other am4 board around. If still same after RMAed, most probably MB or cpu issue?

Last edited by leongws; 29-07-2019 at 09:58 AM..
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Storage
Optical Storage
LG GH22NS40 DVDRW
Casing
PSU
Audio
OS

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.