The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gone were the days when Intel reign supreme. :D.

To be objective, they are still supreme when it comes to single core performance. Can't take that away from them. Almost everything else, they are the underdog now though.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be objective, they are still supreme when it comes to single core performance. Can't take that away from them. Almost everything else, they are the underdog now though.

XT and Zen3 coming soon though

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
XT and Zen3 coming soon though

At least till these are official and confirmed to overtake Intel on the single core performance, Intel is factually still in the lead. Looking forward to see what the XT version can do.

csoyzx

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah, I see your problems:
1. The stock HSF is OK, but of course you can get better for 30-50 SGD
2. The silencio has poor airflow. This is to help with keeping it silent.
3. Your GPU vents hot air into the case, which then gets sucked in by the CPU cooler which loops around...

Will changing a hsf decrease the temps alot(any recommendation)? Silencio got these covers that trap the dust i think.. i gg to remove those covers and i got a spare 120mm fan so was thinking of installing it on the top to blow outside air into the casing.. will this help?

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will changing a hsf decrease the temps alot(any recommendation)? Silencio got these covers that trap the dust i think.. i gg to remove those covers and i got a spare 120mm fan so was thinking of installing it on the top to blow outside air into the casing.. will this help?

Try removing a side panel first. Getting a better HSF will not improve temps much if your case airflow (or lack of airflow) traps warm air inside.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You should have 2 fans to pull cool air in from the front, and 1 top and 1 rear to exhaust hot air out. I normally won't recommend having the top fan pulling cool air in because hot air naturally rises, so that top inflow is kind of going against the normal flow.

When you mentioned covers, I think those are the sound dampeners which also double up as dust filters?

csoyzx

Master Member
Reaction score
You should have 2 fans to pull cool air in from the front, and 1 top and 1 rear to exhaust hot air out. I normally won't recommend having the top fan pulling cool air in because hot air naturally rises, so that top inflow is kind of going against the normal flow.

When you mentioned covers, I think those are the sound dampeners which also double up as dust filters?

Ya i think they are the sound dampeners cum dust filters.. so the top fan if there's a slot to install shld be an exhaust fan.. there's only 1 fan at the front pulling cool air in though.. i did remove the side panel during gameplay

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya i think they are the sound dampeners cum dust filters.. so the top fan if there's a slot to install shld be an exhaust fan.. there's only 1 fan at the front pulling cool air in though.. i did remove the side panel during gameplay

What were your GPU and cpu temps during gameplay with the side panel off

neomages

Reaction score
I have set my 3600 at 1.1v and 4.2ghz. 40C idle and 67C at load ~ no aircon.
I have not tried higher clock speed or lower voltages.

I think ur cpu will be underperforming with that voltage at the clockspeed.

yau_chee

Master Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind R5 3600 running at lower clock speed, u can always enable eco mode 45W in bios to lower ur load temperature by a lot.

shadey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have set my 3600 at 1.1v and 4.2ghz. 40C idle and 67C at load ~ no aircon.
I have not tried higher clock speed or lower voltages.

You would lost a lot of performance. 67C is still quite "cool" for load.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.