The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
This can only be possible in winter weather with the system full load. Not possible to be below 60 in SG. My idle is around 50 on my 360mm AIO.

Right, in SG, the temp is way higher in these AIO. But yet AIO manufacturers recommend this coolant temp not go beyond 60C, which cause coolant lost due to permeation.

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Right, in SG, the temp is way higher in these AIO. But yet AIO manufacturers recommend this coolant temp not go beyond 60C, which cause coolant lost due to permeation.

Die liao loh, like that use AIO in SG = lower life expectancy liao. Unless you using those high RPM fans + Air con all the way. :s22:

schlep

Reaction score
I posted on the “Cheapest 2TB NVMe” thread at 2am this morning. The 2TB Sabrent bronze was going for $365 so I quickly grabbed one - yes gen 4! There was 1 more available, not sure if anyone here got it because when I woke up this morning the price shot up to $793!

This was sold by Amazon SG,.. mine should arrive Monday :)

Ok. So 365 for 2TB is good price. Will take that as a benchmark on pricing.
What abt 1TB?

hafiz116

Reaction score
Ok. So 365 for 2TB is good price. Will take that as a benchmark on pricing.
What abt 1TB?

It’s a good price for Gen 4 or PCIe 4.0

For Gen 3 its considered expensive. Should be aiming for a price point of about $280 for Gen 3 but do your research on the brand. The current Gen 3 that is at that price point does not seem to be very good from what I’ve read.

schlep

Reaction score
It’s a good price for Gen 4 or PCIe 4.0

For Gen 3 its considered expensive. Should be aiming for a price point of about $280 for Gen 3 but do your research on the brand. The current Gen 3 that is at that price point does not seem to be very good from what I’ve read.

Oh ok. I'm looking for a Gen 4 NVME to complete my Ryzen build. I've been checking the prices everyday for Sabrent, Corsair and Gigabyte Gen 4 and the lowest for 1TB has been at 290+ from Sabrent. That is why checking from the bros here.
Thanks for sharing on 2TB Gen4 price and Gen3 pricing. You really got a good deal on that Sabrent 2TB.

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This can only be possible in winter weather with the system full load. Not possible to be below 60 in SG. My idle is around 50 on my 360mm AIO.

Your idle also a bit weird. Mine is 27c in aircon and 34c in non aircon. Cooler liquid temp under full long gaming load is 54c max.

hafiz116

Reaction score
Oh ok. I'm looking for a Gen 4 NVME to complete my Ryzen build. I've been checking the prices everyday for Sabrent, Corsair and Gigabyte Gen 4 and the lowest for 1TB has been at 290+ from Sabrent. That is why checking from the bros here.
Thanks for sharing on 2TB Gen4 price and Gen3 pricing. You really got a good deal on that Sabrent 2TB.

We created a WhatsApp group to alert deals,.. I missed the 3700X deal which was a bummer and I also posted the deal on here last night when it popped up (Amazon SG too!) so I hope one of the guys here got the last piece. This morning the price of the Sabrent Rocket really became a Rocketted to $793

If you want to join the group PM me your number :)

hafiz116

Reaction score
Your idle also a bit weird. Mine is 27c in aircon and 34c in non aircon. Cooler liquid temp under full long gaming load is 54c max.

What cooler are you using,.. wondering if I should get some thermal past and remount my cooler.

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What cooler are you using,.. wondering if I should get some thermal past and remount my cooler.

u risk ripping out the pins if the thermal paste solidified and u are not gentle :s13:
I can achieve 21-23 idle, by under volting and turning on aircon full blast... but is that what u want for day-2-day use? for me it's impractical, might as well use my laptop....:D

physics will tell u current pass through a conductor will generate heat, the higher the TDP and more heat it generates. U cannot defy gravity and make it cooler than the surrounding temp. Base on Reddit discussion threads, the overhead for Ryzen2 is 5-15c of the room temp and 15-25c for intel 99k.

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13::s13:

cwvdubA.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.