The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As I am still very new to AMD CPU (since Nov-20) now this Power Reporting Deviation really caught my attention on how efficient the motherboard provide power to the CPU whether it overload the CPU with power based on the AMD structure of different gen mobo matching different gen CPU.

I have read some forum online, to be correctly measure this reading, it seems I need to reset my BIOS (ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 4301) to stock for its to show the correct reading.

Below screenshot was my stock reading for CPU (no OC/UV) + RAM at stock too), it seems I can get the CPU single core to run at close to 4,487.2MHz at air cool condition which was quite impressive to my personal gaming use.

CINEBENCH R23.2 3-5-21 10-27pm.jpg

Any experts here care to share your opinion on how my CPU working or should I do any adjustment in BIOS to make it perform better?

Many thanks.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
CROSSHAIR VII HERO x470-Motherboard (non wifi version) new update

C7H SATA.jpg

C7H Armoury Crate.jpg

curryloti

Reaction score
Cheap chip on cheap board, all American all Amazon stock

MSI-B550-M-Pro-VDH-Ryzen-3700-X-Pop-OS.png

Better late than never lor :eek:

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
CROSSHAIR VII HERO x470-Motherboard (non wifi version) new update on AI Suite 3.

1638172618011.png

astones153

Reaction score
So far the microcode fixes have only been released for Epyc Rome CPUs... The rest will only be resolved in December

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.