The AMD Zen2 Ryzen 3000 Discussion Thread

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which case good? $70+ tho
this 1 $50+

looks good. but im reusing my old Fractal Design casing. Quality solid build and still in top condition after like 4-5 years One thing i like is it have removable top+front+bottom sliding filter for easy access cleaning.

One of the 140mm exhaust fans was spoilt and i replaced with Phantek Skiron 140mm PWM fan (MG-F140P) which is quiet & good airflow. $7.80 from shopee before discount/voucher/coin

PPkiller

Reaction score
Quite common. My previous Thermaltake PSU developed coil whine after about a year. The one before that, another Thermaltake of the same model, went a few years without problem. (Bought both at the same time)

Disposed of the whiny PSU and replaced with a Corsair AX1200i and it's been blissful silence ever since.

Went down convergent.. Seems all the units at test stations and new unit also got this problem.. The bigger the wattage.. Louder it is.. Sian..

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went down convergent.. Seems all the units at test stations and new unit also got this problem.. The bigger the wattage.. Louder it is.. Sian..

Weird leh. My new AX1200i is whisper quiet. Even my previous 2 year old HX1000i was also the same. The Corsair high end model don't even have the fan running at default unless the load is significant enough to heat it up then only the fans will run. Both the units also had no coil whine.

PPkiller

Reaction score
Weird leh. My new AX1200i is whisper quiet. Even my previous 2 year old HX1000i was also the same. The Corsair high end model don't even have the fan running at default unless the load is significant enough to heat it up then only the fans will run. Both the units also had no coil whine.

Dunno le.. Is the I model good? Does it give ampre and voltage level readings?

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

all I can say is that after I installed the AX1200i, the loudest thing are my case fans until the GPU fans spin up. :)

Rashkae

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I used a Seasonic Prime Titanium. Fantastic PSU. Now on Asus ROG Thor. The power consumption readout is nice

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunno le.. Is the I model good? Does it give ampre and voltage level readings?

The only difference with the i model is to allow monitoring via the Corsair ICue software via a provided cable. To be honest I never ever used it because my motherboard internal USB headers are always used up. So you might as well get the non I version if you don't have space for an internal USB header. Essentially the ones without the I is the same PSU. No other differences.

Last edited:

Noirkw

Reaction score
Bought the 3900x and joined the Ryzen club. Waiting to move hse before setting up!

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

Using the above to set the e-die crucial 2x16gb.
Seems with Ryzen, you cannot let motherboard auto the ram settings. You can push higher with manual values.

Before that can get 3533mhz 1:1 @ 1.35v + auto settings, with rest stock volts autoOC PBO.
OCD with uneven numbers so follow the calculator
After can get 3600mhz @ 1.36v 1:1, with rest stock volts autoOC PBO.
Slightly better aida64 mem scores. =:p

I find 7zip benchmark is a free and fast way to check ram stability.
Afterwards load some P95 to confirm.
Cpuz and CbR20 both not good ram testers.

P95 have spike to 90c but mostly also around 75c like CbR20. It seem depends on the app requesting how much auto vcore that cause temps to rise.

Made in malaysia ryzen, 2 cores can hit 4.7ghz on latest gigabyte x570 bios.
9Jtj5nj.jpg

Some findings...

Last edited:

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
cant see......?

i just bought Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512gb from corbell (lazada) for $80... hopefully it lasts long :X
If u dun mind, how did u get that for 80?

I bought corbell too, stacked 109 - 12 laz voucher - 10 bank voucher only 87.

Didnt count shopback / cc rebate bah.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 6 PRO using GAGT

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's it normal for a Ryzen 5 3600 to boot up longer than a Intel based PC?

Using a ASRock B450 Pro Mobo

The longest wait is at the ASRock Splash screen

PPkiller

Reaction score
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

Using the above to set the e-die crucial 2x16gb.
Seems with Ryzen, you cannot let motherboard auto the ram settings. You can push higher with manual values.

Before that can get 3533mhz 1:1 @ 1.35v + auto settings, with rest stock volts autoOC PBO.
OCD with uneven numbers so follow the calculator
After can get 3600mhz @ 1.36v 1:1, with rest stock volts autoOC PBO.
Slightly better aida64 mem scores. =:p

I find 7zip benchmark is a free and fast way to check ram stability.
Afterwards load some P95 to confirm.
Cpuz and CbR20 both not good ram testers.

P95 have spike to 90c but mostly also around 75c like CbR20. It seem depends on the app requesting how much auto vcore that cause temps to rise.

Made in malaysia ryzen, 2 cores can hit 4.7ghz on latest gigabyte x570 bios.
9Jtj5nj.jpg

Some findings...
Got try running 24hr p95?

StationA

Reaction score
Got try running 24hr p95?

24hr P95 is kind of waste time and power. :vijayadmin: if P95 small FFTs with AVX2 can be stable for 10 minutes means the CPU will be stable for all normal "real" applications. run that for 24hr is just to test the power supply to your home is stable. it's testing SPService, not your CPU.

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's it normal for a Ryzen 5 3600 to boot up longer than a Intel based PC?

Using a ASRock B450 Pro Mobo

The longest wait is at the ASRock Splash screen

I tot is dependent on OS storage speed? where got do with chipset one:s22:

You can select fastboot in BIOS and disable the loading BIOS screen in most motherboard also.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
24hr P95 is kind of waste time and power. :vijayadmin: if P95 small FFTs with AVX2 can be stable for 10 minutes means the CPU will be stable for all normal "real" applications. run that for 24hr is just to test the power supply to your home is stable. it's testing SPService, not your CPU.

Totally agree. I find that while you can pass these tests under long straining it takes games less than an hour to crash.I personally find Battlefield and Battlefront 2 very good to test for stability. I had a crash even after passing P95 small FFTs after an hour. Apparently my cache overclock was high and I had to add another 0.005V to get it to be perfectly stable.

So P95 is not the whole story. If you can game with those kind of games like Battlefield 5 for hours, etc, I would say you are GOLDEN.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.