HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Cloning HDD to SSD OneKey Recovery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #1

Cloning HDD to SSD OneKey Recovery

hi all, recently upgraded an old's laptop hdd to ssd (crucial bx500 120gb)

downloaded the crucial software and cloned my system, but when i replaced the hdd with ssd i was unable to boot because of some OneKey Recovery issue: "The program cannot restore the system partition because its structure is incorrect.you may have to recreate the partition to continue."

I changed the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and it kind of solved the problem, but I read online that UEFI boot mode is much faster than legacy mode (?).

Anyone faced this problem with Lenovo as well? It originally has 2 partition, one for windows and one for the rest.

Tested the read/write speed for the bx500 as well - is it normal to be around 300mb/s despite the advertised 500mb/s?

TIA!
HolyInnocents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

reinstall windows instead of cloning

uefi is faster boot, if u install 64bit windows

bx500 is budget tlc drive. actual speed is 300MBps. advertised 500MBps is not sustainable. mx500 is similar priced and higher end

Also u need to use sata 3 port for ssd
Processor
Intel Celeron Covington 266mhz
Graphics Card
Nvidia Riva TNT2 16mb
Memory
128MB DDR
Display
Conrac 9 inch Model 2640 monochrome CRT
Storage
Floppy Disk
Optical Storage
Mitsumi CD-ROM CRMC-FX322M 32X IDE drive
Casing
Cardboard Box
PSU
200w iCute
Audio
Sound Blaster Live! (CT4830)
OS
Windows Millenium Edition

yusoffb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi all, recently upgraded an old's laptop hdd to ssd (crucial bx500 120gb)

downloaded the crucial software and cloned my system, but when i replaced the hdd with ssd i was unable to boot because of some OneKey Recovery issue: "The program cannot restore the system partition because its structure is incorrect.you may have to recreate the partition to continue."

I changed the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy and it kind of solved the problem, but I read online that UEFI boot mode is much faster than legacy mode (?).

Anyone faced this problem with Lenovo as well? It originally has 2 partition, one for windows and one for the rest.

Tested the read/write speed for the bx500 as well - is it normal to be around 300mb/s despite the advertised 500mb/s?

TIA!
If PC is win10 from factory. You should have a boot partition in GPT file system format.
Processor
P4 3.4G Q core
Mainboard
ASUS
Graphics Card
Nvida
Memory
8G
Display
LCD 19"
Storage
12TB
Optical Storage
LG
Casing
CoolerMaster
PSU
600W
OS
WinXP, Win7, Win10

cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:42 AM   #4

reinstall windows instead of cloning

uefi is faster boot, if u install 64bit windows

bx500 is budget tlc drive. actual speed is 300MBps. advertised 500MBps is not sustainable. mx500 is similar priced and higher end

Also u need to use sata 3 port for ssd
how do I reinstall windows? do i reformat my ssd now and clear everything on it?

and thanks! just wanted to make sure that it's not faulty. i opt-ed for bx500 cos mx500 didnt have the 120gb model

I'm not exactly sure what port is that in the laptop though...i only replaced the HDD

If PC is win10 from factory. You should have a boot partition in GPT file system format.
right now my SSD has 2 partition from the cloning, but it's still unable to boot from UEFI mode
Old 09-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

how do I reinstall windows? do i reformat my ssd now and clear everything on it?

and thanks! just wanted to make sure that it's not faulty. i opt-ed for bx500 cos mx500 didnt have the 120gb model

I'm not exactly sure what port is that in the laptop though...i only replaced the HDD

right now my SSD has 2 partition from the cloning, but it's still unable to boot from UEFI mode
Did you set the GPT partition as active partition?
Suggest you use Acronis ver 2016 or higher as only these version support GPT partition.
Processor
P4 3.4G Q core
Mainboard
ASUS
Graphics Card
Nvida
Memory
8G
Display
LCD 19"
Storage
12TB
Optical Storage
LG
Casing
CoolerMaster
PSU
600W
OS
WinXP, Win7, Win10

cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #6

Did you set the GPT partition as active partition?
Suggest you use Acronis ver 2016 or higher as only these version support GPT partition.
I'm not sure whether the GPT partition is the active partition tho, will go back and check

I just downloaded the latest Acronis software from Crucial, it should be ver 2016 or higher I suppose?

Are there any other significant difference between UEFI and Legacy boot mode though?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.