Dell U2312HM

jian1986

Reaction score
For those who have friends as teachers,
go to Your Member Purchase Program

Employee Purchase Program
Sign in using the moe email and get 10% off coupon code for normal priced items.

hey seems Like the agent gave me this price (289+41) -10% =$297

Btw has anyone used the coupon on top of agent quotes?
it seems in US it its possible. anyone has experience?

Last edited:

devilwahaha

Reaction score
Thanks.

Care to share where did you get the HDMI-DVI adapter from?

If possible the price also? So I don't get 'chop' carrot.
:D

Its just a black piece of plastic connector with female DVI and male HDMI, i got it from the shop i bought the monitor from for $10, probably could have gotten it for like $4-6 on ebay but why the hassle for the few bucks haha. Besides the guy from that store i bought from was ridiculously nice so let him earn the few bucks loh :)

If you buy like $19.99 or around there or even more is chop already, much like how apple 3rd party retailers sells a piece of plastic screen protector for $69. Usual proper prices are around $4-10~.

Last edited:

devilwahaha

Reaction score
No idea what was the name really, signboard wasnt really flashy or eye-catching. Too lazy to dig out the receipt too :p

For you and the dude above, here goes. One is for using HDMI cable and another is for using DVI cable, see which one you already have then buy that one.

DVI Male to HDMI Female M-F Converter Adapter For HDTV | eBay
DVI-I(24+5) Female to HDMI Male Converter Adapter Gold Plated(ADVII2-HM1) | eBay

Edit: And it will definitely work unless your cable spoil or you get a lemon adapter, HDMI and DVI single link is electrically compatible so totally no problem unless you get some lemon somewhere along the chain.

algieba

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hm. but i recall reading in this thread or in other forum thread that many have failed trying to use such adapters.

hm. or maybe i remembered wrongly and they were referring to displayport-hdmi adapters, not dvi-hdmi adapters.

thanks anyway!

devilwahaha

Reaction score
hm. but i recall reading in this thread or in other forum thread that many have failed trying to use such adapters.

hm. or maybe i remembered wrongly and they were referring to displayport-hdmi adapters, not dvi-hdmi adapters.

thanks anyway!

Too lazy to research on display port too since its gonna be eons till i'll get a chance to use that. DVI-HDMI is definitely 100% good to go for up to 1920x1080, not sure bout 1920x1200.

enenyi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowest pricing for this U2312HM monitor is $279 from Best Price and Best Bargain. Anyone saw any lower price than this?

hElleVer

Reaction score
do i need to register warranty or something? bought a set from pct weeks back. with first 3 yrs dell warranty n next 2 yrs Ban leong warranty? Actually still quite confused about how the warranty works

Paranoid

Reaction score
No idea what was the name really, signboard wasnt really flashy or eye-catching. Too lazy to dig out the receipt too :p
Edit: And it will definitely work unless your cable spoil or you get a lemon adapter, HDMI and DVI single link is electrically compatible so totally no problem unless you get some lemon somewhere along the chain.

THank you for your info

Will defin try out DVI to HDMI. But waiting for the adapter I bought from ebay to arrive first before I give it one last shot at using DP to HDMI.
Not having very high hopes but i guess since I paid already might as well.

Thanks again

zXShowXz

Reaction score
Do dell do one for one exchange if backlight bleeding is bad?
But then how they judge the severity of the issue.

Warlock86

Reaction score
I just this babe from PC theme. However, I tried to register online but can't seems to do it. How you guys register Dell monitor gotten from SLS? Thanks in advance!

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
THank you for your info

Will defin try out DVI to HDMI. But waiting for the adapter I bought from ebay to arrive first before I give it one last shot at using DP to HDMI.
Not having very high hopes but i guess since I paid already might as well.

Thanks again

From hdmi output to dvi input.. a simple converter will work. Just that u dun get sound.

From hdmi output to displayport input, a simple adapter will not work.
u need a active converter iirc, which is gonna be expensive.
Note not all converter can scale to the full hd reso, u probably need a more expensive variant.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.