Dell U2312HM

Ratix0

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh well 1 dollar not a big difference, thanks for the update :).

Will go check it out tomorrow, I guess its the cheapest around. Checked the popular SLS shops, mostly retailing at 280+ =/

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
Just started using this monitor although bought it 2 mths back ..

Default settings too bright/glaring for me..
Set brightness to 0 and still pretty bright.
Colors are great though although i noticed that it became slightly dull when i set brightness below 15.

I left everything else as default.
Should I calibrate ? Saw some "calibrated settings" posted previously, but it takes into account higher brightness also.

Last edited:

third3gen

Reaction score
just called BB to ask price, a dude named Jeffrey quoted me 262.

What do you guys think? Planning to link this to my macbook air

Thnks

ahcalvin

Reaction score
Guys those tat brought from SLS. 5 years warranty. If got any problem. Warranty goes back to the shop or go to dell?

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Just started using this monitor although bought it 2 mths back ..

Default settings too bright/glaring for me..
Set brightness to 0 and still pretty bright.
Colors are great though although i noticed that it became slightly dull when i set brightness below 15.

I left everything else as default.
Should I calibrate ? Saw some "calibrated settings" posted previously, but it takes into account higher brightness also.
from what I remember , all the "calibrated" settings have "contrast" between 60 to 70 , lower than the default 75 which you find glaring

deathscthe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok i just got the monitor. no need to register warranty right?

Last edited:

Craz33

Reaction score
My this monitor keeps entering power save mode when I switch on my pc. Not sure what I shld do to make it display my screen. Tried switching on and off. Changing dvi ports on my gpu. Still nothing. Anyone can help?

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
under normal conditions assuming no hardware fault on the monitor, power saving mode means no signal input received from the graphic card output

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys do you still remember this screen predecessor? U2311h do you think anybody will get from me if I selling at $100?

Still under warranty? How to exchange if got problems if it was registered under you?

Moniker

Reaction score
My this monitor keeps entering power save mode when I switch on my pc. Not sure what I shld do to make it display my screen. Tried switching on and off. Changing dvi ports on my gpu. Still nothing. Anyone can help?

Maybe you need to use an adaptor that came with the GPU, if you are connecting to the monitor using VGA cable. I suppose the GPU only feeds DVI? So need to use DVI-dsub adaptor

Or you can use the white cable DVI to connect from GPU to monitor straight.

vagus1978

Reaction score
Just ordered mine from Dell hotline.
2 options:

1) $250 with 3 yr warranty
2) $280 with 5 yr warranty

both comes with free power cord and delivery. Prices are nett.

I chose (2).

I know from previous posts, if i go down to SLS can probably get around $260 for 5yr warranty.... but the hassle of driving down,
find parking,
pay parking,
go to walk around shops,
most shops telling you they are out of stock for the lower than usual prices they quoted on their flyers...... I'll pay the additional $20....
Can earn points from credit card too...:)

peaceheart

Banned
Reaction score
Just ordered mine from Dell hotline.
2 options:

1) $250 with 3 yr warranty
2) $280 with 5 yr warranty

both comes with free power cord and delivery. Prices are nett.

I chose (2).

I know from previous posts, if i go down to SLS can probably get around $260 for 5yr warranty.... but the hassle of driving down,
find parking,
pay parking,
go to walk around shops,
most shops telling you they are out of stock for the lower than usual prices they quoted on their flyers...... I'll pay the additional $20....
Can earn points from credit card too...:)

what did you get?
i saw u2312hm at 289 on dell website?

vagus1978

Reaction score
what did you get?
i saw u2312hm at 289 on dell website?
I bought the 2312HM with 5 yr warranty.

Dell website is selling at $289/nett with standard 3yr warranty. Want 5 yrs have to top up $41.73 at checkout.

I figure that this is not a newly released model, released aug/sep 2012... So within 1-2 yrs there should be a replacement model. I might just get a chance to change to a newer model within the warranty period.

Anyway I tend to keep my monitors for long long time.... My 8 yr old 19" LCD viewsonic just wouldn't quit on me.. So I had to upgrade it "forcefully":s13:

merry_christmas

Master Member
Reaction score
dell-resellers-comex-promos-1-03.jpg

SITEX coming liao. Hopefully can get the 2312 then. Expecting price to remain the same @ $269 + 5 years warranty.

poring24

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
feeling tempted to get one now from sls. is the 8ms response time noticeable in games?

considering between this and Asus vs239h-p(which has a 5ms response time)

Last edited:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read ips monitors are not best for gaming. It will still be good but not the best. I use the u2312. Very sharp images n viewing angle for a matte screen. A slight bug though. It flash on and off in a split second a few minutes after i start the com. After that its ok. Its not a big deal so i wun be asking for replacement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.