www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

shadow84 28-05-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystril (Post 127406238)
AudioSG Aeron has warranty but it's tagged to them? Herman Miller only entertain original buyer of their chairs when it comes to repair.

The price difference is small compared to Xtra and UnwantedImports. About $200-500? I prefer getting it from Xtra but I think Xtra and Unwanted are much preferred than a no-name online seller.

I don't even know if AudioSG are original buyers of the chair. Very dubious on their ability to service warranty for 12 years. If one part spoil, that quite ruins the experience of the flagship chair.

I think others did mention correctly - just because it's durable doesn't mean it won't spoil. A chair is an extremely high-usage item with moving parts.

Xtra is the official distributor listed in HM website. Is UnwantedImports the same as well? My understanding is that he is also importing from USA to SG. Wun that make it the same as audiosg in terms of the original buyers?

Besides, how does HM trace 'original buyers'? If UnwantedImport buys from HM and ship to SG, does it mean that UnwantedImport are the 'original buyers' as per HM T&C?

Just wanna understand what makes UI to be same as Xtra when UI is doing the same as AudioSG?

Gloom me 28-05-2020 06:24 PM

Xtra is the only official distro of HM chairs in SG right? All others are just PI.

mystril 28-05-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 (Post 127406500)
Xtra is the official distributor listed in HM website. Is UnwantedImports the same as well? My understanding is that he is also importing from USA to SG. Wun that make it the same as audiosg in terms of the original buyers?

Besides, how does HM trace 'original buyers'? If UnwantedImport buys from HM and ship to SG, does it mean that UnwantedImport are the 'original buyers' as per HM T&C?

Just wanna understand what makes UI to be same as Xtra when UI is doing the same as AudioSG?

From the website. Unwanted been operating for 10 years +?

https://www.unwantedimports.com/warranty/

The main difference between purchasing from the mass order and from the official local distributor is:

We do not offer any labor warranty throughout the 12 years, the local distributor covers ONE year.
We will only receive claim parts from the main factory plant in USA.

The service from USA is usually better, normally they will replace with a new part upon approval. You will have to inform us and we will see to the arrangement.

Claiming from USA will require you to fix it up yourself so this saves the labor charges to incur almost no cost. Instructions are normally given with parts, or we can provide it if it is available. Majority of reported cases are minor issues fixed by the owner themselves.

We understand that not everyone is good with fixing and not every part is easy to service, we can refer to a freelance repairman and it will be charged a nominal transportation fee of SGD70.

As for the waiting time, it can be quick in a few days if we have the ready spares. Most of the commonly worn parts are well stocked up. For uncommon parts, it will have to be indent directly and that will take up to 2 months. We deem this seem to the same with most authorized dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloom me (Post 127406573)
Xtra is the only official distro of HM chairs in SG right? All others are just PI.

Yes that's right according to my understanding. Xtra should really restock soon man. People want to buy official HM retailer products but can't due to OOS.

mystril 28-05-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 (Post 127406500)

To answer your question based on my readings online.

UnwantedImports is not the direct client of HM chairs.

Relationship 1
HM (USA) -> MNC Client -> UnwantedImports -> End-Users in SG

So from claiming warranty, only the relationship in pink font is officially valid.

Relationship 2
Xtra SG
HM (USA) -> Xtra

In this case, it's more reputable to get from Xtra if they don't close down in the next 12 years or if they do - at least transfer the warranties to the other exclusive retailer.

Source: https://www.unwantedimports.com/herm...re-mass-order/
Why are you the only reseller who can last for such a long time?
Every now and then, there will be other Herman Miller seller who claims to be also able to sell Herman Miller chairs at an affordable price.

Some of these sellers sell on third party or their own websites. In most cases, you seldom see them lasting for long. Most of the time, it’s because they are actually selling refurbished units passed off as new and got discovered. Another reason is because Herman Miller ban the user who supplies them, and most likely disable the warranty support they can get.

USA sells at the cheapest price in the world. If you see a case that the price is lesser than USA, it’s most likely too good to be true. There are many companies that refurbish the chairs and retail them as “near-new” condition in the USA. Normally they spray a fresh coat of paint, brush and vacuum the chairs, change the casters. It does look new but the mesh had lost its structural integrity over time and the mechanism had its wear and tear. Sometimes, the sellers are not even aware that their stock are refurbished units. That’s getting rampant in China nowadays.

It could also be due to warranty issues as HM actually blacklists vendors who are found exporting their chairs. With just one chair’s information, it is enough for them to trace back all the chairs that were ever sold to the same vendor. HM most likely have the vendor blacklisted and void all the warranty that are linked. This means that all the chairs that were once sold by the vendor, are not covered by any form of warranty. Since the vendor is no longer able to receive support, likewise the reseller in Singapore. The reseller will normally choose to dissolves its presence or website and becomes uncontactable as there’s no way he can sustain the twelve years warranty. Warranty isn’t transferrable, it can only be honoured to the original purchaser, so those buyers are totally stuck.

We don’t have this issues as the company that represent us to purchase the chairs, are MMC that have a global presence. It’s absolutely logical for our chairs to be found overseas and in huge amount. Also, we have a dedicated staff in our office in the USA to claim the warranty. We still have other processes to keep your warranty safe, and even transferable. That’s why we last for a decade while many sellers can’t last for more than 2 years.
We are an organised company, we even set up a system of aftersales service with other contractors to offer support. The details of our system can be found below. Not only do we have an organised system to obtain parts warranty from USA directly, we have our technicians to provide the labour if required. We only service chairs sold by us, to keep our spares and labour in healthy status.

octillery 28-05-2020 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystril (Post 127406238)
The price difference is small compared to Xtra and UnwantedImports. About $200-500? I prefer getting it from Xtra but I think Xtra and Unwanted are much preferred than a no-name online seller.

I don't even know if AudioSG are original buyers of the chair. Very dubious on their ability to service warranty for 12 years. If one part spoil, that quite ruins the experience of the flagship chair.

I think others did mention correctly - just because it's durable doesn't mean it won't spoil. A chair is an extremely high-usage item with moving parts.

Comparing the base chairs (graphite B) if you're not some lucky corp discount person:

* Unwanted: +$320
* Xtra: +$510 and a longer wait

The gamble is just do you think you will have more in local fixer repair charges or part replacements than the amount of money there, past the time the reseller disappears. Kinda like a TV warranty plan...I opt for audioSG because it was already top of budget

shadow84 28-05-2020 06:43 PM

Xtra (official) - $2199
UI (PI) - $1899
Audiosg (PI) - $1690

Seems like either go official or just get the cheapest with good reviews. lol.

Besides, UI main guy is now based in London (as per his last year post in MO thread) = equal chance of disappearing as much as audiosg.

mystril 28-05-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 (Post 127406972)
Xtra (official) - $2199
UI (PI) - $1899
Audiosg (PI) - $1690

Besides, UI main guy is now based in London (as per his last year post in MO thread) = equal chance of disappearing as much as audiosg.

Oh I didnt know he was already in London! Probably earned enough to migrate there.

Thanks for heads-up.

mystril 28-05-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octillery (Post 127406904)
Comparing the base chairs (graphite B) if you're not some lucky corp discount person:

* Unwanted: +$320
* Xtra: +$510 and a longer wait

The gamble is just do you think you will have more in local fixer repair charges or part replacements than the amount of money there, past the time the reseller disappears. Kinda like a TV warranty plan...I opt for audioSG because it was already top of budget

Any issues so far on the chair you got from AudioSG? (if it's already delivered)

shadow84 28-05-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystril (Post 127407010)
Oh I didnt know he was already in London! Probably earned enough to migrate there.

Thanks for heads-up.

I believe he mentioned he is working in London now, staying there permanently or not, i dunnoe coz he nvr say.

Nakedtoes 28-05-2020 07:14 PM

U all scare this scare that go xtra and buy lar.. Knn..

koicafex 28-05-2020 07:23 PM

buy cheap and don't care about warranty
or pay more for a more stable warranty
its the buyer's choice :s13:

hg2 28-05-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 127407680)
U all scare this scare that go xtra and buy lar.. Knn..

Well said, Likes! ....
A chair that outlasted a car coe... not sure if anyone can tahan sitting on a 12yrs old squeaking dusty chair... sometime it's more hygenie to just change a new one every 2-3 yrs.

octillery 28-05-2020 08:01 PM

Unwanted price is not 1899, gotta click the page. They add more cost for the posturefit, which is mandatory

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystril (Post 127407043)
Any issues so far on the chair you got from AudioSG? (if it's already delivered)

Perfect condition, super simple unboxing. Was definitely concerned over whether B/C was right but loving the B size and I feel the ceiling fan air through the seat.

Only downside is the lumbar, while great, is just plastic, so my son pulled out a piece in like two seconds. Easy enough to put it back in place but haha, not 100% childproof

acer23 28-05-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 (Post 127406972)
Xtra (official) - $2199
UI (PI) - $1899
Audiosg (PI) - $1690

Xtra is made in China, vs PI made in USA.

Attila 28-05-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystril (Post 127407043)

i bought 2 aeron from audiosg so far. no issue. delivery on time and the chair work well, except for the sticker peeling.