HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

Like Tree389Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2020, 06:21 PM   #1546
High Supremacy Member

AudioSG Aeron has warranty but it's tagged to them? Herman Miller only entertain original buyer of their chairs when it comes to repair.

The price difference is small compared to Xtra and UnwantedImports. About $200-500? I prefer getting it from Xtra but I think Xtra and Unwanted are much preferred than a no-name online seller.

I don't even know if AudioSG are original buyers of the chair. Very dubious on their ability to service warranty for 12 years. If one part spoil, that quite ruins the experience of the flagship chair.

I think others did mention correctly - just because it's durable doesn't mean it won't spoil. A chair is an extremely high-usage item with moving parts.
Xtra is the official distributor listed in HM website. Is UnwantedImports the same as well? My understanding is that he is also importing from USA to SG. Wun that make it the same as audiosg in terms of the original buyers?

Besides, how does HM trace 'original buyers'? If UnwantedImport buys from HM and ship to SG, does it mean that UnwantedImport are the 'original buyers' as per HM T&C?

Just wanna understand what makes UI to be same as Xtra when UI is doing the same as AudioSG?
Mainboard
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Graphics Card
Palit GTX 1080Ti FE w/ AQC Kyrographics Nickel Plated water block w/ Acrylic Glass
Memory
G.Skill SniperX 2x 8GB 3200Mhz CL16
Display
Samsung C32HG70 32" 1440p 144Hz HDR
Storage
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB (OS) / Toshiba 5TB HDD
Optical Storage
这能不能吃的啊?
Casing
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic / 6x Gentle Typhoons AP-15 / 2x Bitspower Leviathan Slim 360mm Radiators
PSU
Seasonic X-850W 80+ Gold with White Sleeved Cables + Cable Combs
Audio
Topping DX7 DAC / JBL LSR305 Speakers / JBL LSR310s Subwoofer
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #1547
Arch-Supremacy Member

Xtra is the only official distro of HM chairs in SG right? All others are just PI.
Processor
i7-6700K / EK-FB Nickel Monoblock
Mainboard
MSI Z170A Xpower Gaming Titanium Ed.
Graphics Card
Zotac GTX 980 / EK-FC980 Nickel Original CSQ & Backplate
Memory
Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x 4GB DDR4 3000Mhz
Display
Samsung S32D850T
Storage
2x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB (RAID0) 2x HSGT 3TB (RAID1) 1x HGST 3TB (Backup)
Optical Storage
Lite-On Optical
Casing
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
PSU
Seasonic P860
Audio
Korg DS-DAC-100 / Mackie CR3 / ATH-M50x
OS
Windows 10 Pro

Gloom me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 06:27 PM   #1548

Xtra is the official distributor listed in HM website. Is UnwantedImports the same as well? My understanding is that he is also importing from USA to SG. Wun that make it the same as audiosg in terms of the original buyers?

Besides, how does HM trace 'original buyers'? If UnwantedImport buys from HM and ship to SG, does it mean that UnwantedImport are the 'original buyers' as per HM T&C?

Just wanna understand what makes UI to be same as Xtra when UI is doing the same as AudioSG?
From the website. Unwanted been operating for 10 years +?

https://www.unwantedimports.com/warranty/

The main difference between purchasing from the mass order and from the official local distributor is:

We do not offer any labor warranty throughout the 12 years, the local distributor covers ONE year.
We will only receive claim parts from the main factory plant in USA.

The service from USA is usually better, normally they will replace with a new part upon approval. You will have to inform us and we will see to the arrangement.

Claiming from USA will require you to fix it up yourself so this saves the labor charges to incur almost no cost. Instructions are normally given with parts, or we can provide it if it is available. Majority of reported cases are minor issues fixed by the owner themselves.

We understand that not everyone is good with fixing and not every part is easy to service, we can refer to a freelance repairman and it will be charged a nominal transportation fee of SGD70.

As for the waiting time, it can be quick in a few days if we have the ready spares. Most of the commonly worn parts are well stocked up. For uncommon parts, it will have to be indent directly and that will take up to 2 months. We deem this seem to the same with most authorized dealers.

Xtra is the only official distro of HM chairs in SG right? All others are just PI.
Yes that's right according to my understanding. Xtra should really restock soon man. People want to buy official HM retailer products but can't due to OOS.
mystril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 06:37 PM   #1549

To answer your question based on my readings online.

UnwantedImports is not the direct client of HM chairs.

Relationship 1
HM (USA) -> MNC Client -> UnwantedImports -> End-Users in SG

So from claiming warranty, only the relationship in pink font is officially valid.

Relationship 2
Xtra SG
HM (USA) -> Xtra

In this case, it's more reputable to get from Xtra if they don't close down in the next 12 years or if they do - at least transfer the warranties to the other exclusive retailer.

Source: https://www.unwantedimports.com/herm...re-mass-order/
Why are you the only reseller who can last for such a long time?
Every now and then, there will be other Herman Miller seller who claims to be also able to sell Herman Miller chairs at an affordable price.

Some of these sellers sell on third party or their own websites. In most cases, you seldom see them lasting for long. Most of the time, it’s because they are actually selling refurbished units passed off as new and got discovered. Another reason is because Herman Miller ban the user who supplies them, and most likely disable the warranty support they can get.

USA sells at the cheapest price in the world. If you see a case that the price is lesser than USA, it’s most likely too good to be true. There are many companies that refurbish the chairs and retail them as “near-new” condition in the USA. Normally they spray a fresh coat of paint, brush and vacuum the chairs, change the casters. It does look new but the mesh had lost its structural integrity over time and the mechanism had its wear and tear. Sometimes, the sellers are not even aware that their stock are refurbished units. That’s getting rampant in China nowadays.

It could also be due to warranty issues as HM actually blacklists vendors who are found exporting their chairs. With just one chair’s information, it is enough for them to trace back all the chairs that were ever sold to the same vendor. HM most likely have the vendor blacklisted and void all the warranty that are linked. This means that all the chairs that were once sold by the vendor, are not covered by any form of warranty. Since the vendor is no longer able to receive support, likewise the reseller in Singapore. The reseller will normally choose to dissolves its presence or website and becomes uncontactable as there’s no way he can sustain the twelve years warranty. Warranty isn’t transferrable, it can only be honoured to the original purchaser, so those buyers are totally stuck.

We don’t have this issues as the company that represent us to purchase the chairs, are MMC that have a global presence. It’s absolutely logical for our chairs to be found overseas and in huge amount. Also, we have a dedicated staff in our office in the USA to claim the warranty. We still have other processes to keep your warranty safe, and even transferable. That’s why we last for a decade while many sellers can’t last for more than 2 years.
We are an organised company, we even set up a system of aftersales service with other contractors to offer support. The details of our system can be found below. Not only do we have an organised system to obtain parts warranty from USA directly, we have our technicians to provide the labour if required. We only service chairs sold by us, to keep our spares and labour in healthy status.
Old 28-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #1550

The price difference is small compared to Xtra and UnwantedImports. About $200-500? I prefer getting it from Xtra but I think Xtra and Unwanted are much preferred than a no-name online seller.

I don't even know if AudioSG are original buyers of the chair. Very dubious on their ability to service warranty for 12 years. If one part spoil, that quite ruins the experience of the flagship chair.

I think others did mention correctly - just because it's durable doesn't mean it won't spoil. A chair is an extremely high-usage item with moving parts.
Comparing the base chairs (graphite B) if you're not some lucky corp discount person:

* Unwanted: +$320
* Xtra: +$510 and a longer wait

The gamble is just do you think you will have more in local fixer repair charges or part replacements than the amount of money there, past the time the reseller disappears. Kinda like a TV warranty plan...I opt for audioSG because it was already top of budget
Processor
Ryzen 3600
Display
Prism+ F270i Pro

octillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #1551
High Supremacy Member

Xtra (official) - $2199
UI (PI) - $1899
Audiosg (PI) - $1690

Seems like either go official or just get the cheapest with good reviews. lol.

Besides, UI main guy is now based in London (as per his last year post in MO thread) = equal chance of disappearing as much as audiosg.
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Palit GTX 1080Ti FE w/ AQC Kyrographics Nickel Plated water block w/ Acrylic Glass
Memory
Display
Storage
Optical Storage
这能不能吃的啊?
Casing
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic / 6x Gentle Typhoons AP-15 / 2x Bitspower Leviathan Slim 360mm Radiators
PSU
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Old 28-05-2020, 06:46 PM   #1552

Xtra (official) - $2199
UI (PI) - $1899
Audiosg (PI) - $1690

Besides, UI main guy is now based in London (as per his last year post in MO thread) = equal chance of disappearing as much as audiosg.
Oh I didnt know he was already in London! Probably earned enough to migrate there.

Thanks for heads-up.
Old 28-05-2020, 06:47 PM   #1553

Comparing the base chairs (graphite B) if you're not some lucky corp discount person:

* Unwanted: +$320
* Xtra: +$510 and a longer wait

The gamble is just do you think you will have more in local fixer repair charges or part replacements than the amount of money there, past the time the reseller disappears. Kinda like a TV warranty plan...I opt for audioSG because it was already top of budget
Any issues so far on the chair you got from AudioSG? (if it's already delivered)
Old 28-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #1554
High Supremacy Member

Oh I didnt know he was already in London! Probably earned enough to migrate there.

Thanks for heads-up.
I believe he mentioned he is working in London now, staying there permanently or not, i dunnoe coz he nvr say.
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Storage
Optical Storage
这能不能吃的啊?
Casing
PSU
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Old 28-05-2020, 07:14 PM   #1555
High Supremacy Member

U all scare this scare that go xtra and buy lar.. Knn..
Processor
Intel Haswell-E i7 5820K @ 4.2ghz cool by Coolermaster 212X
Mainboard
Asrock X99 Extreme 4
Graphics Card
Zotac GTX 1070 Mini 8GB
Memory
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2x16GB DDR3 2400MHz
Display
PRISM+ X340
Storage
Transcend 256GB + Crucial M4 256GB+Hitachi 2TB 7200rpm+WD5000AAKS+WD3200AAKS+Seagate 250GB
Optical Storage
LG
Casing
Ah LIAN PC-A05FNB
PSU
FSP AURUM Gold 750W
Audio
Zero DAC 24 BIT/192KHz DAC+Audioengine A5W+Beyer DT770 PRO
OS
Wintows Ten 64bit

Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 07:23 PM   #1556
Great Supremacy Member

buy cheap and don't care about warranty
or pay more for a more stable warranty
its the buyer's choice
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K / Corsair H80i V2
Mainboard
MSI Z170 Gaming Pro Carbon
Graphics Card
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB
Memory
G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB & G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB
Display
BenQ XL2411Z
Storage
Samsung Evo 850 500GB / Toshiba 5TB / WD 1TB x2
Optical Storage
Flico Majestouch 2, SteelSeries Sensei Raw
Casing
Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62
PSU
Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Audio
MA's RX1 / M01 Hybrid Tube Amp / Asus Xonar Essense STX
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

koicafex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 07:46 PM   #1557
hg2
Master Member

U all scare this scare that go xtra and buy lar.. Knn..
Well said, Likes! ....
A chair that outlasted a car coe... not sure if anyone can tahan sitting on a 12yrs old squeaking dusty chair... sometime it's more hygenie to just change a new one every 2-3 yrs.
Processor
AMD Ryzen 3900X & Intel i9 9900K, Macbook Pro 15", Lenovo Legion Y540
Mainboard
X570 Aorus I WIFI PRO & Z390 Phantom ITX
Graphics Card
Aorus RX5700 & GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Memory
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32GB && 16GB
Display
LG 4K 32"
Storage
Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB && Seagate Firecuda320 1TB
Optical Storage
Sony Blue-Ray
Casing
Ghost S1 Black && Streacom DA2 Silver
PSU
FSP Dagger && Corsair
Audio
Creative Soundblaster
OS
Windows 10 && Hackintosh

hg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #1558

Unwanted price is not 1899, gotta click the page. They add more cost for the posturefit, which is mandatory

Any issues so far on the chair you got from AudioSG? (if it's already delivered)
Perfect condition, super simple unboxing. Was definitely concerned over whether B/C was right but loving the B size and I feel the ceiling fan air through the seat.

Only downside is the lumbar, while great, is just plastic, so my son pulled out a piece in like two seconds. Easy enough to put it back in place but haha, not 100% childproof
mystril likes this.
Processor
Ryzen 3600
Display
Prism+ F270i Pro

octillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 08:29 PM   #1559

Xtra (official) - $2199
UI (PI) - $1899
Audiosg (PI) - $1690

Xtra is made in China, vs PI made in USA.
acer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #1560

i bought 2 aeron from audiosg so far. no issue. delivery on time and the chair work well, except for the sticker peeling.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.