www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

LaChouette 31-05-2020 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacificstorm (Post 127477526)
I don't know.. are chairs suppose to spoil that easily? I mean my current cheapo chair that cost $300 has been there for at least 8-9 years except for some small peels on the handle.

I would have thought something that many claims to be the longest lasting chairs with exceptional values even for 2nd hand (non warranry) shouldn't have much problem.

With the $500 ++ discount, u probably be getting a bang for the buck after the 9th year anyway.

I mean even if u did buy from Xtra, everyone loves warranty. But I wouldn't wish to be utilizing warranty every so often if that happens then its bad quality.

Lets be honest, if Xtra was selling both USA and PRC versions at the exact same price, are you gonna yolo say they are the same quality same qc and you would be indifferent to both. I doubt.

As far as im concerned, xtra probably has a way too high markup for a prc made Aeron considering corporate discounts are at 1.7k on par with shopee prices. On Taobao, where they sell both PRC Aerons and USA Aerons, the USA ones are sold at higher prices than PRC made.

As consumers, we should band together and make Xtra realise they should offer better discounts. Isn't it?

Like i said, to each his own. I have claimed seat pan, posturefit, and pneumatic cylinder for mine with Xtra in the 12 yrs ive owned my classic. Just saying, 12 yrs is a long time for any item, especially one where you use everyday, for almost the majority of the day. A simple chair can probably last a long time, a wooden chair can even last longer than a lifetime. Keep in mind the Aeron is a full featured mechanical chair with many moving parts.

Also would just like to add, Xtra is selling Aerons ASSEMBLED in China now only because the supply chain is affected in the US. If the Shopee seller says he is getting USA stocks now, he must have a secret unlimited stash of Aerons in his basement or something lol. For those who got from him recently, and it came without manufacturing labels underneath the seat, id be suspicious.

batniss 01-06-2020 12:05 AM

Special price on 6 june @ 1599. whos up for it?

batniss 01-06-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127478061)
Like i said, to each his own. I have claimed seat pan, posturefit, and pneumatic cylinder for mine with Xtra in the 12 yrs ive owned my classic. Just saying, 12 yrs is a long time for any item, especially one where you use everyday, for almost the majority of the day. A simple chair can probably last a long time, a wooden chair can even last longer than a lifetime. Keep in mind the Aeron is a full featured mechanical chair with many moving parts.

Also would just like to add, Xtra is selling Aerons ASSEMBLED in China now only because the supply chain is affected in the US. If the Shopee seller says he is getting USA stocks now, he must be lying.

why you so sensitive? U from Xtra?

LaChouette 01-06-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127478298)
why you so sensitive? U from Xtra?

What do you mean, sensitive about?

batniss 01-06-2020 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127478371)
What do you mean, sensitive about?

like making people to buy from Xtra. Xtra is legitimate and all.

acer23 01-06-2020 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127478286)
Special price on 6 june @ 1599. whos up for it?

Where to get 1599??

batniss 01-06-2020 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127478392)
Where to get 1599??

Shopee. go check the usual seller announcement.

pacificstorm 01-06-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127478061)

Also would just like to add, Xtra is selling Aerons ASSEMBLED in China now only because the supply chain is affected in the US. If the Shopee seller says he is getting USA stocks now, he must have a secret unlimited stash of Aerons in his basement or something lol. For those who got from him recently, and it came without manufacturing labels underneath the seat, id be suspicious.

Afaik, shopee sellee is having aerons from JAN 2020 batch.

Also, doesn't hurt to check herman miller website, production plant isn't closed in the US infact they have part of production changed to making PPEs and masks etc, there are advisories on shipping delays and that is about it.

PRC factories were closed probably for at least 1 to 2 months as well anyway resulting in Xtra lack of chairs now I guess? Their website is showing late june and early July.

More importantly, if u were so confident of PRC QC why now the change of focus to "assembly in PRC". I am quite sure if you tried to google, HM's only factory in dongguan,china fully produces the aeron chairs. Inclusive of the mesh seating if that makes u happy. :)

If you did already buy from Xtra, I can understand the defending of your purchase in the means of warranty, otherwise doesn't make sense for anyone who haven't bought from Xtra to at least compare the price of Aerons sold in Xtra - be it respective to PI, PRC taobao or even HM USA RSP.

acer23 01-06-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127478412)
Shopee. go check the usual seller announcement.

No leh....my friend want to buy also....where to find 1599?

batniss 01-06-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127478510)

what site can upload image for u to see?

NTTDoCoMo 01-06-2020 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127478510)

Is under Shopee > Seller is audiosg

Currently is listed at $1780, if you click the listing there is a banner stating - 6 Jun Special Price is $1599.

pacificstorm 01-06-2020 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTTDoCoMo (Post 127478567)

Currently is listed at $1780, if you click the listing there is a banner stating - 6 Jun Special Price is $1599.

Original was 1698 though

batniss 01-06-2020 12:28 AM

https://i.imgur.com/zx1lNIQ.jpg

acer23 01-06-2020 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTTDoCoMo (Post 127478567)

TQ, i ask my friend to chong ah!!!!

batniss 01-06-2020 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127478634)
TQ, i ask my friend to chong ah!!!!

5 more days.