www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

koroshiya8 15-09-2016 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 103625021)
These secret lab chairs are never ergonomic.
Traps heat, and don't even have adjustable lumbar.

No matter how they claim it's not, these designs been sold in China for years. https://www.alibaba.com/products/F0/...38.1.48.8tf6NF

Never underestimate the power of marketing and advertising.

jnashville 15-09-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

No matter how they claim it's not, these designs been sold in China for years. https://www.alibaba.com/products/F0/...38.1.48.8tf6NF

yea they just get a manufacturer from china to make to their specifications and rebrand it. nothing new.

and people willing to pay so much for it haha.. power of marketing really damn good. they are laughing all the way to the bank~

i previously had a choice to buy a gaming chair, in the end i bought a full mesh chair with lumbar support.

http://ergohuman.com/ergohuman-chair...rest-and-mesh/

Much cooler. my thighs and back wont get so hot after awhile compared to those "gaming" chairs that claim to be ergonomic.

mradorable 15-09-2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 103274180)
Aeron/Embody, i've both.
I've tried all the top brands in SG and still don't think they are close.

Aeron is fully mesh in both seat and back, so won't be that hot.
The posture fit support is fully adjustable to control how much depth you need.

Embody iirc is fabric supported by springs, also quite breathable. It's more comfortable. The entire back frame is the backrest, it's like an exoskeleton, you can control the tension.

In term of comfort, Embody is better.
In term of support, Aeron is imo better esp if you add the headrest.

If you need to lay back, the Aeron has 3th party fully adjustable mesh headrests in the market. It's very good because it can be tuck right under your neck. If you add together, the fitting is so good until your entire body can't move much. Like a vegetable stuck in good posture. haha

I could tilt and bend very comfortably during my worst days of slip disc on the chair. Also sit for a long time.

Spot on bro, my office only big bosses sit on Aeron chairs and I have sat on it before its really good for posture and very comfortable.

I sit on the Sayl chair at work and its really bad. Little to no back support, definitely not worth the money.

LeonZai 15-09-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnashville (Post 103629342)
yea they just get a manufacturer from china to make to their specifications and rebrand it. nothing new.

and people willing to pay so much for it haha.. power of marketing really damn good. they are laughing all the way to the bank~

i previously had a choice to buy a gaming chair, in the end i bought a full mesh chair with lumbar support.

http://ergohuman.com/ergohuman-chair...rest-and-mesh/

Much cooler. my thighs and back wont get so hot after awhile compared to those "gaming" chairs that claim to be ergonomic.

Haha. Ok la.. Sometime just pamper for the comfort lor. Anyway chair is something u use alot.. And for me i feel as long as can comfortable can liao..

testerjp 15-09-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kusanagi (Post 103626008)
the thai massage lady, she advised you to stand more? what was the opposite of the doctor's advice?

Doctors and physio advised to lay face down, pull your head and upper body up. Never worked, the disc won't be pushed back in anyway.

The Thai lady asked me to do opposite.
Cross leg, stretch your hands up bend forward all the way down. Like kowtow position. If got someone push you from the back even better . This is suppose to allow the blood to properly flow so the swell around the nerve can subside, so the disc bulge won't collide to it as much .

I discovered other things that help.
Sleep on a very hard bed, can get those bamboo mat layover the bed.

And using a neck pillow put behind the neck while sleeping.
Somehow the lower spine will angulate properly.
Now I almost don't feel any discomfort from slipped disc.

xolatw 15-09-2016 02:55 PM

Is it normal for to have my butt and lower back pain after about a month sitting on e steelcase leap? Thinking if I shld persist or change chair.

testerjp 15-09-2016 03:03 PM

If aggravated the pain too much , don't use already.
But initially should have some discomfort because your body used to bad posture for a long time.
If it has the adjustable lumbar , adjust it to don't push too much first.

Maybe your chair did not set properly too.
My house has one super old steel case think chair, the tilt, mesh , snd backrest all cmi.

Darknights 15-09-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

the thing is, most consumers failed to realize that buying a chair takes more than just sitting on it for 30 seconds to determine it's comfort level.

you see, what most people do, is that they go into a shop, sit on the chair for 30 seconds, and if it's comfortable they will buy it.

many of these chairs are designed to ensure the first 30 seconds to be very comfortable. it's heavily padded with cushion, which is not helpful if you are going to sit in the chair for a long period of time. it's really just an illusion of comfort as these chairs are not supporting your posture in the right way.

Darknights 15-09-2016 04:29 PM

anyway, this might be a little out of topic.. but anybody has recommendation for a good ergo desk? the HM envelop desk is good.. but it's kinda small.

testerjp 15-09-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darknights (Post 103635694)
anyway, this might be a little out of topic.. but anybody has recommendation for a good ergo desk? the HM envelop desk is good.. but it's kinda small.

You want how big?

The envelope desk is already very big to me, 115cm width.
The fitting is very good though

testerjp 15-09-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darknights (Post 103635664)
the thing is, most consumers failed to realize that buying a chair takes more than just sitting on it for 30 seconds to determine it's comfort level.

you see, what most people do, is that they go into a shop, sit on the chair for 30 seconds, and if it's comfortable they will buy it.

many of these chairs are designed to ensure the first 30 seconds to be very comfortable. it's heavily padded with cushion, which is not helpful if you are going to sit in the chair for a long period of time. it's really just an illusion of comfort as these chairs are not supporting your posture in the right way.

Those foam, don't know made of what, but many of such material release formaldehyde, a carcinogen.

Sure trap heat like crazy, don't know how to sit for hours.
Every sentence of their description, i have doubts. haha

If really that good and genuinely from them to be above all the alibaba China stock, sure can win some red dot or other designer awards. Can offer 12 years warranty like other big brands.

$699 for that, is rather crazy.

Kusanagi 16-09-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 103633461)
Doctors and physio advised to lay face down, pull your head and upper body up. Never worked, the disc won't be pushed back in anyway.

The Thai lady asked me to do opposite.
Cross leg, stretch your hands up bend forward all the way down. Like kowtow position. If got someone push you from the back even better . This is suppose to allow the blood to properly flow so the swell around the nerve can subside, so the disc bulge won't collide to it as much .

I discovered other things that help.
Sleep on a very hard bed, can get those bamboo mat layover the bed.

And using a neck pillow put behind the neck while sleeping.
Somehow the lower spine will angulate properly.
Now I almost don't feel any discomfort from slipped disc.

thanks for sharing, very good tips
my dad suffered from slipped disc many years back, hopefully this can help him prevent it from coming back

personally also very worried that i will get slipped disc due to being overly tall and having bad posturre

reddevil0728 30-11-2016 06:15 PM

any idea if Apres Marketing is still around? their number ain't working.

zephyr11 01-12-2016 09:20 AM

I've been looking around for a replacement for my ergoworks for awhile now, it is working fine, but the rubber seems to be getting too soft (piece that holds the back rest together).

can't decide if I want to try and fix it or get a new chair, it has been with me for almost 10yrs already.

ragnarok95 01-12-2016 09:36 AM

I don't have money. So i got this instead.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/020...g?v=1465919997

S$59 lol.