www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

acer23 01-06-2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127478664)
5 more days.

You chonging also?

LaChouette 01-06-2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacificstorm (Post 127478507)
Afaik, shopee sellee is having aerons from JAN 2020 batch.

Also, doesn't hurt to check herman miller website, production plant isn't closed in the US infact they have part of production changed to making PPEs and masks etc, there are advisories on shipping delays and that is about it.

PRC factories were closed probably for at least 1 to 2 months as well anyway resulting in Xtra lack of chairs now I guess? Their website is showing late june and early July.

More importantly, if u were so confident of PRC QC why now the change of focus to "assembly in PRC". I am quite sure if you tried to google, HM's only factory in dongguan,china fully produces the aeron chairs. Inclusive of the mesh seating if that makes u happy. :)

If you did already buy from Xtra, I can understand the defending of your purchase in the means of warranty, otherwise doesn't make sense for anyone who haven't bought from Xtra to at least compare the price of Aerons sold in Xtra - be it respective to PI, PRC taobao or even HM USA RSP.

Again, to each his own. Guess i shanít reply to the other top few points, else it will be an endless convo. Just take it that you have the argument and i agree with you.

As for the last point, reasonable minds can differ, but i just feel itís penny wise pound foolish to save a couple bucks thinking youíre getting a good deal from a no name seller. Like i mentioned, if anything fails in the 12 yrs and the seller is no where to be found, you can just write off the savings entirely.

Also my friend has an Embody from Xtra which started creaking a little after 9 years of usage, sent them an email and got an entire chair back replacement FOC under warranty. Chair looks brand new like day one again with fresh upholstery after 9 yrs. That hassle free replacement itself is worth the warranty. I doubt any PI seller will entertain your creaking / squeaky chair in a few yrs time, let alone 9 yrs.

A squeaky chair isnít a big enough problem that you would wanna spend a couple hundred just to replace some parts without warranty, but surely annoying enough for a chair that you paid a thousand over bucks for. And before you come in and say spraying lubricant will fix the creaks, no it wouldnít.

zinedine 01-06-2020 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127478286)
Special price on 6 june @ 1599. whos up for it?

u have the link to share?

Vulpix 01-06-2020 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127478634)
TQ, i ask my friend to chong ah!!!!

Won't regret one don't worry. :s13:

koroshiya8 01-06-2020 07:53 AM

changed my order to this.. save some money and pray it will be good LOL;
and price went up by $40 this morning.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/pre-o...s.item_title.1

Swiftbladez 01-06-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroshiya8 (Post 127480705)
changed my order to this.. save some money and pray it will be good LOL;
and price went up by $40 this morning.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/pre-o...s.item_title.1

I first tested similar kind of chairs at vhive and it felt really really good on testing. Not sure in the long run though but hey, come back to us with a review after using it. I've always wanted to know how they fair.

Vulpix 01-06-2020 10:55 AM

MY HAWORTH FERNS COMING THIS FRIDAY WOO

NotToday 01-06-2020 12:05 PM

@vulpix good for you man... hows the breathability of Fern though, did you manage to try that out at office?

i'm still contemplating whether to go for a budget stretch and opt for new aeron or not... second hand aeron camp for quite some time liao bo luck or either the seller not responsive.. also looking at haworth (fern, zody, soji) and steelcase (leap v2)

been following this thread in shadow for days and can't make decision yet :(

Vulpix 01-06-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotToday (Post 127485119)
good for you man... hows the breathability of Fern though, did you manage to try that out at office?

i'm still contemplating whether to go for a budget stretch and opt for new aeron or not... second hand aeron camp for quite some time liao bo luck or either the seller not responsive.. also looking at haworth (fern, zody, soji) and steelcase (leap v2)

been following this thread in shadow for days and can't make decision yet :(

No problem with Fern back breathability as it's similar to the Zody I own, went to try it out and just nice the office never on aircon. You will know which chair you like once you sit on it, be sure to try out the other chairs before you decide if you want another HM.

NotToday 01-06-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127485142)
No problem with Fern back breathability as it's similar to the Zody I own, went to try it out and just nice the office never on aircon. You will know which chair you like once you sit on it, be sure to try out the other chairs before you decide if you want another HM.

How long have your Zody last btw?

Have just mailed Haworth on this, see if I can go down later this week to try out the chair hmmm.

Vulpix 01-06-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotToday (Post 127485644)
How long have your Zody last btw?

Have just mailed Haworth on this, see if I can go down later this week to try out the chair hmmm.

11 years for my Zody. :s13:

seikokingkong 01-06-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127483657)
MY HAWORTH FERNS COMING THIS FRIDAY WOO

please let us know. The fern looks very class also.

Vulpix 01-06-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seikokingkong (Post 127486013)
please let us know. The fern looks very class also.

I already tried it out and I can safely say that the back support is quite interesting. My wife who had no opinions on other chairs we tried (HM, Steelcase, Ergo, etc) immediately took a liking to the Fern. The "piano" effect when you rest onto the back is really something you need to experience yourself, feels nothing like the type of support you get from other chairs specially at this price.

NotToday 01-06-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127485865)
11 years for my Zody. :s13:

Wow! Any repair or warranty claims in between?

Vulpix 01-06-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotToday (Post 127486657)
Wow! Any repair or warranty claims in between?

Got of course, 3.

1. Head rest crack -> replaced within a week
2. Arm rest crack -> replaced within a week
3. Gas strut not smooth -> replaced within a week

Fabric all that surprisingly still fine, just a bit dark due to wear and tear.