www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

DriftKing 01-06-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127486107)
I already tried it out and I can safely say that the back support is quite interesting. My wife who had no opinions on other chairs we tried (HM, Steelcase, Ergo, etc) immediately took a liking to the Fern. The "piano" effect when you rest onto the back is really something you need to experience yourself, feels nothing like the type of support you get from other chairs specially at this price.

How much was the Fern in the end?

To the bro/sis say go down to Haworth to try, is it they allowed to open already?

Vulpix 01-06-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 127487560)
How much was the Fern in the end?

To the bro/sis say go down to Haworth to try, is it they allowed to open already?

Around 1k. You need to make an appointment with them.

hg2 01-06-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 127487560)
How much was the Fern in the end?

To the bro/sis say go down to Haworth to try, is it they allowed to open already?

at most by appointments only...

i_dun_understand 01-06-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127487914)
Around 1k. You need to make an appointment with them.


Appointment viewing cancelled due further notice due to lack of approval....sianzzz

Vulpix 02-06-2020 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_dun_understand (Post 127500236)
Appointment viewing cancelled due further notice due to lack of approval....sianzzz

Sorry to hear that, but don't buy a chair without trying out first.

i_dun_understand 02-06-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127502755)
Sorry to hear that, but don't buy a chair without trying out first.

So envious of you. Please post yr photos once it arrived

hardwaregone 02-06-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127487042)
Got of course, 3.

1. Head rest crack -> replaced within a week
2. Arm rest crack -> replaced within a week
3. Gas strut not smooth -> replaced within a week

Fabric all that surprisingly still fine, just a bit dark due to wear and tear.

That sounds very problematic leh. :(

The mesh can choose? I went to the see the specification of the mesh, abrasion test only 70000, that's very low like 1/3 the durability of Aeron leh. Don't know got better one or not.
https://surfaces.haworth.com/surface...pe=UPH&fpat=MB

The seat is cushion or mesh? My thighs always sweat when sit hot. :(

Vulpix 02-06-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwaregone (Post 127513775)
That sounds very problematic leh. :(

The mesh can choose? I went to the see the specification of the mesh, abrasion test only 70000, that's very low like 1/3 the durability of Aeron leh. Don't know got better one or not.
https://surfaces.haworth.com/surface...pe=UPH&fpat=MB

The seat is cushion or mesh? My thighs always sweat when sit hot. :(

Wah, how is it problematic? In non-aircon environment things will wear out faster, when got crack they replaced it no questions asked other than serial number during the 11 years. Don't really see how that is an issue when they respond quickly to any faults.

You can ask Haworth about better quality surface, most likely have to top up. Seat is cushion. Maybe you should consider another brand instead or get a HM instead.

fantastyy 02-06-2020 05:51 PM

WHERE good to buy ergonomic chairs ah? wfh neck and back pain sia
anyone feel me?

NotToday 02-06-2020 06:04 PM

Saw from below someone shared that Haworth can't make appointment now too, anyway weekday I can't go down too. I'll just hantam and buy the promotional fern without trying.

Communicating with the staff liao, waiting her to guide me for payment to close the transaction hahahha :D

Lead time 3 weeks, chiongggg ahhhhhhh

sseah12 02-06-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroshiya8 (Post 127480705)
changed my order to this.. save some money and pray it will be good LOL;
and price went up by $40 this morning.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/pre-o...s.item_title.1


Price looking quite fair oso for the quality. Quite promising design / theory.. How about lumbar support? For the pricing, have any here tried those from UMD - in shopee / lazada? Those $250 above seem quite good leh.. Adjustable lumber support, 4d arm support...

sseah12 02-06-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotToday (Post 127515165)
Saw from below someone shared that Haworth can't make appointment now too, anyway weekday I can't go down too. I'll just hantam and buy the promotional fern without trying.

Communicating with the staff liao, waiting her to guide me for payment to close the transaction hahahha :D

Lead time 3 weeks, chiongggg ahhhhhhh

No one Getting 2nd hand haworth zody?not worth?

Vulpix 02-06-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotToday (Post 127515165)
Saw from below someone shared that Haworth can't make appointment now too, anyway weekday I can't go down too. I'll just hantam and buy the promotional fern without trying.

Communicating with the staff liao, waiting her to guide me for payment to close the transaction hahahha :D

Lead time 3 weeks, chiongggg ahhhhhhh

Really chiongster, did you customize anything? I still think it's better to sit on the chair first before deciding. :s13:

melakamc 02-06-2020 08:06 PM

Any wallet friendly alternatives to HM Aeron, HM Sayl, or a decent mesh computer chair on taobao/ezbuy? Or anywhere?

Preferably less than $175

liewhl 02-06-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melakamc (Post 127517611)
Any wallet friendly alternatives to HM Aeron, HM Sayl, or a decent mesh computer chair on taobao/ezbuy? Or anywhere?

Preferably less than $175

how can a chair which is less than $175 be a HM Aeron or Sayl alternative? is G-shock an alternatives to Rolex?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.