www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

fzhfzh 03-06-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vamprose (Post 127525800)
i don't think anyone would think that haworth/steelcase is an inferior product compared to HM.

but sadly neither produces a full mesh chair lol (which i think is a key reason people choose aeron in the first place).

i personally prefer the embody over aeron at the showroom, if not for that cheap plastic feel and creaking noise.

Steelcase is one of biggest competitor to HM. Iím using Steelcase bivi table, super good quality and design.

Vulpix 03-06-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vamprose (Post 127525800)
i don't think anyone would think that haworth/steelcase is an inferior product compared to HM.

but sadly neither produces a full mesh chair lol (which i think is a key reason people choose aeron in the first place).

i personally prefer the embody over aeron at the showroom, if not for that cheap plastic feel and creaking noise.

I personally ok with cushioned seat, but the back must be meshed. Thankfully the Haworth backrest is meshed so at least can compromise there. :s13: Steelcase however, when I was trying out I don't think there is a mesh back or seat.

damnit 03-06-2020 10:29 AM

Hi guys, any ergonomic chairs which has foldable arms to recommend?

acer23 03-06-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fzhfzh (Post 127525773)
I think it depends on body type/shape. My office chair is embody, but I much better prefer the Aeron remastered I have at home. The lumbar support is not supportive enough on the embody imo. You have to test the chair yourself to see which one fits you better.

Mesh seat is the way to go in Sg climate. Easy to maintain and very cooling, especially you have a ceiling fan on top of it....

acer23 03-06-2020 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damnit (Post 127526102)
Hi guys, any ergonomic chairs which has foldable arms to recommend?

what do you mean by foldable arm? Or you mean can adjust up and down?

damnit 03-06-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127526140)
what do you mean by foldable arm? Or you mean can adjust up and down?

Oh no I meant the arm that can be folded up so that it up inline with the backrest.

LaChouette 03-06-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fzhfzh (Post 127525773)
I think it depends on body type/shape. My office chair is embody, but I much better prefer the Aeron remastered I have at home. The lumbar support is not supportive enough on the embody imo. You have to test the chair yourself to see which one fits you better.

Hmm for the Embody i feel the lumbar support is enough, just have to sit deeper in, such that the butt is tucked into the seat and the whole chair back is in contact with your body. Though i like the Embody i pulled the trigger on the Fern instead cause it was more wallet friendly hahah. But yes i agree with you, alway test the chair before buying. Some people blindly go for the Aeron without even trying one before, just because of the cult following and name brag purposes.

LaChouette 03-06-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damnit (Post 127526218)
Oh no I meant the arm that can be folded up so that it up inline with the backrest.

Ive seen many chair with such designs on taobao, you can try searching there. Though expensive chairs are great, some chinese chairs are actually also quite decent for the price.

sseah12 03-06-2020 11:11 AM

So seemingly price and/ or quality is as follows?
As per IMHO shortlist:
1- HM Aeron (fully remaster) $1.7
2- Haworth Fern/ Zody $9##/ 8##
Chairworker s7 $7##
Ergotune $6##
Soji $5##
3- progress health orthoback mesh series $3##
2nd hand zody

LaChouette 03-06-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 127526883)
So seemingly price and/ or quality is as follows?
As per IMHO shortlist:
1- HM Aeron (fully remaster) $1.7
2- Haworth Fern/ Zody $9##/ 8##
Chairworker s7 $7##
Ergotune $6##
Soji $5##
3- progress health orthoback mesh series $3##
2nd hand zody

Thatís about right, maybe can include Embody in the list too. As for Ergotune at $600+ i would rather you get an Ergohuman from taobao at around the same price after shipping. Ergotune is a rebranded chinese chair anyway. Ergohuman has a metal frame at least, and also quite well regarded.

fzhfzh 03-06-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127526283)
Hmm for the Embody i feel the lumbar support is enough, just have to sit deeper in, such that the butt is tucked into the seat and the whole chair back is in contact with your body. Though i like the Embody i pulled the trigger on the Fern instead cause it was more wallet friendly hahah. But yes i agree with you, alway test the chair before buying. Some people blindly go for the Aeron without even trying one before, just because of the cult following and name brag purposes.

Yeah you need to sit all the way in to be supportive, but I have short legs, so not very comfortable to sit all the way in

Vulpix 03-06-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fzhfzh (Post 127527517)
Yeah you need to sit all the way in to be supportive, but I have short legs, so not very comfortable to sit all the way in

Make sure you buy the type can shift the seat.

sseah12 03-06-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127527078)
That’s about right, maybe can include Embody in the list too. As for Ergotune at $600+ i would rather you get an Ergohuman from taobao at around the same price after shipping. Ergotune is a rebranded chinese chair anyway. Ergohuman has a metal frame at least, and also quite well regarded.

thanks for the help... I went to check out the taobao chairs.. The ergotune really machiam reuse the China chairs.. Zzz but at least there is / *should be proper QC. Etc.. Those taobao one can show all the qc check certificate.. But.. Who really knows ah..
I shortlisted the s7 (but seem a lot of backlog from UI and local is $200 more lol..) and fern/zody..
Mainly because of mesh fabric / low chemical emission/ certified gas spring/ adjustable lumbar - these are my main concerns..

sseah12 03-06-2020 12:38 PM

Btw,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127527737)
Make sure you buy the type can shift the seat.

I saw is it your sic Haworth promo link.. Alice will be thinking y suddenly more people inquire her fern.. Haha

hg2 03-06-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTTDoCoMo (Post 127478567)
Is under Shopee > Seller is audiosg

Currently is listed at $1780, if you click the listing there is a banner stating - 6 Jun Special Price is $1599.

Pricing wise looks very attractive.
Anyone who brought from this shopee store can share what is NOT covered in their 12yrs warranty ?