www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

hg2 03-06-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127527737)
Make sure you buy the type can shift the seat.

U mean adjust the seat pans forward and backward ? Aeron don't have this feature.:s13:

fzhfzh 03-06-2020 12:43 PM

Embody have that, but still the seat of embody is pretty slippery and your butt will slide out easily

Vulpix 03-06-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 127528690)
Btw,

I saw is it your sic Haworth promo link.. Alice will be thinking y suddenly more people inquire her fern.. Haha

Not me leh. I didn't liaise with Alice, is with another staff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hg2 (Post 127528773)
U mean adjust the seat pans forward and backward ? Aeron don't have this feature.:s13:

Different feature set lah. Yes, talking about seat panning. From what I remember, Steelcase Leap V2 have, Haworth Soji, Zody and Fern all have, Kokuyo also have. It's seriously very nice feature for those who are a bit short.

Rock_Lobster 03-06-2020 04:36 PM

for a budget chair ($300). Would the IKEA Markus or the järvfjället be my best bet?

fzhfzh 03-06-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock_Lobster (Post 127533559)
for a budget chair ($300). Would the IKEA Markus or the järvfjället be my best bet?

Yup ikea chair is actually pretty good. Was using Markus before changing to Aeron. It’s actually very comfortable for a chair that’s so much cheaper.

Ark Law 03-06-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melakamc (Post 127517611)
Any wallet friendly alternatives to HM Aeron, HM Sayl, or a decent mesh computer chair on taobao/ezbuy? Or anywhere?

Preferably less than $175

$175 you'd be paying for generic China chairs BNIB. Unless you open to used chairs. I scored my Leap v1 for $180

NotToday 03-06-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127523022)
Dont worry you wont be disappointed. I have both the Aeron classic and Haworth Fern. And i would actually go to the extend of saying the Fern is many times more comfortable, and quite comparable to the Embody. Honestly the Aeron is overrated, people are getting it for showing off “Hey look im using an Aeron”. But because of that, benefit is that it holds its value very well over the years. But if you are looking at comfort, i can guarantee the Fern will impress you without a doubt.

Glad to hear that! The payment has gone through and order is confirmed :D
Can't wait for it to come and enjoy the piano stringy clicky feel on my back :s13::s13::s13:

Rock_Lobster 03-06-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fzhfzh (Post 127533594)
Yup ikea chair is actually pretty good. Was using Markus before changing to Aeron. It’s actually very comfortable for a chair that’s so much cheaper.

Thats good to hear. May I know how long did you use the Markus for? And any problems you encountered?

NotToday 03-06-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock_Lobster (Post 127533559)

Markus has a more cushiony seat feel than jarvfjallet.
From the reviews I'm seeing most of the people like Markus seat than Jarvfjallet.
But none of the features (Lumbar, height, seat depth, head rest etc) are adjustable.
If height lower than 165cm i think will be slightly not comfortable as your head is like hanging at lower side of its head rest or resting partially of the head rest.

Jarvfjallet has firmer seat.
Slightly slimmer back support compared to Markus, if you have wide shoulder your shoulder might not be resting completely against the back support.
The headrest protrusion kinda odd compared to Markus too
Slightly lower recline angle than Markus.
But it offers much more adjustability compared to Markus, so can suit different body height better.

Both have mesh back support, fits singapore climate pretty well.
Owh and the arm rest for both the unit is pretty bad!

I have own neither of the chair but I have tried em before at Ikea.
Personally 4-5 hours seating per day on either of them should have no issue. 10 years warranty for both the chair is very solid at this price point too.

If is me i will choose jarvfjallet over Markus, just because of its adjustability.:)

LaChouette 03-06-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hg2 (Post 127528729)
Pricing wise looks very attractive.
Anyone who brought from this shopee store can share what is NOT covered in their 12yrs warranty ?

If he disappears tomorrow, EVERYTHING is not covered.

LaChouette 03-06-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 127528670)
thanks for the help... I went to check out the taobao chairs.. The ergotune really machiam reuse the China chairs.. Zzz but at least there is / *should be proper QC. Etc.. Those taobao one can show all the qc check certificate.. But.. Who really knows ah..
I shortlisted the s7 (but seem a lot of backlog from UI and local is $200 more lol..) and fern/zody..
Mainly because of mesh fabric / low chemical emission/ certified gas spring/ adjustable lumbar - these are my main concerns..

I honestly won't be expecting any additional QC from the seller of Ergotune. Normally how these kinda logistics work is that the stock just come from china and if there are any issue with QC after selling to you, they just make a replacement, rather than QC-ing piece by piece before sending out to buyer. I can't give any comment on the S7, but at that price i would go for the Haworth Fern at promo, any day of the week.

Rock_Lobster 03-06-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotToday (Post 127534842)
Markus has a more cushiony seat feel than jarvfjallet.
From the reviews I'm seeing most of the people like Markus seat than Jarvfjallet.
But none of the features (Lumbar, height, seat depth, head rest etc) are adjustable.
If height lower than 165cm i think will be slightly not comfortable as your head is like hanging at lower side of its head rest or resting partially of the head rest.

Jarvfjallet has firmer seat.
Slightly slimmer back support compared to Markus, if you have wide shoulder your shoulder might not be resting completely against the back support.
The headrest protrusion kinda odd compared to Markus too
Slightly lower recline angle than Markus.
But it offers much more adjustability compared to Markus, so can suit different body height better.

Both have mesh back support, fits singapore climate pretty well.
Owh and the arm rest for both the unit is pretty bad!

I have own neither of the chair but I have tried em before at Ikea.
Personally 4-5 hours seating per day on either of them should have no issue. 10 years warranty for both the chair is very solid at this price point too.

If is me i will choose jarvfjallet over Markus, just because of its adjustability.:)

thanks, valuable information here.

I tried the Markus once at IKEA just for a short while and noticed that it was quite uncomfortable. Read online that ergonomic chairs are usually really uncomfortable initially as they will force you to sit in a proper position.

Must be because I using that cheapo $20 IKEA chair for the past 2 years :s13:

sseah12 03-06-2020 08:02 PM

Just realised s7 include head rest, Haworth fern pricing is w/o.. The headrest is executive version.. Will go check further... Zzz

LaChouette 03-06-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock_Lobster (Post 127537324)
thanks, valuable information here.

I tried the Markus once at IKEA just for a short while and noticed that it was quite uncomfortable. Read online that ergonomic chairs are usually really uncomfortable initially as they will force you to sit in a proper position.

Must be because I using that cheapo $20 IKEA chair for the past 2 years :s13:

Go and try the Ikea Hattefjall as well. It looks like a stupid chair for the price, but was quite taken aback at how comfortable it is when i first sat on it. I'd say it's the most comfy Ikea chair I've ever tried, and believe me when i say i've tried all. Skip the Jarvfjallet, the headrest is very uncomfortable, and almost gives you a nerd/geek/forward neck posture. The seat cushion is also very stiff and quite shallow even fully extended.

LaChouette 03-06-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 127537363)
Just realised s7 include head rest, Haworth fern pricing is w/o.. The headrest is executive version.. Will go check further... Zzz

Yup the promo Fern comes without a headrest. If you want a headrest with the promo spec will be $1001 before gst, which is technically without a promo. My Fern is without a headrest, and i can live with it cause i usually sit quite upright. If you lean back quite low and often then yea i would say you'll need a headrest.