www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

batniss 04-06-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 (Post 127545180)
Saw a difference in the legs. UMD A9 is curved downwards, ergoedge is straight slope downwards. But design of seat really look similar.

i gave the wrong link earlier, updated..

looks more like A8 over A9 stand and A9 for the rest.

Jason.OnEarth 04-06-2020 09:38 AM

HATTEFJÄLL Office chair with armrests, Gunnared medium grey, white. $379. The gently curved lines accentuated by sewn details are kind to your body.

IKEA chair at $379, might as well buy the secret lab $549 titan?

After working from home for Mar to May I’m looking for a good chair to sit from 8am to 9pm to alleviate my sore shoulders, neck, upper and lower back

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock_Lobster (Post 127537790)
Thanks! Will definitely check it out when IKEA opens again. The look of the Hattefjall is more towards my liking as it's more minimal looking. At this point i think anything is an upgrade from the plastic office chair :s13:

EDIT: Just saw that they got a new plastic chair, the LOBERGET. Looks more atas than the previous one hahaha


Dr.Vijay 04-06-2020 09:38 AM

I bought the same chair just before CB started at their shop.

Very comfortable and I bought it specifically because of the high adjustability and it is a full mesh chair. It's even more shiok when you try to lean back on the chair and stretch your legs up on a bed or something similar.

Very satisfied.


Quote:

Originally Posted by sinistral (Post 127541065)
My ErgoTune chair got delivered this evening. Yes, I bought it without testing. Sharing some pics:

https://i.imgur.com/nb6ZTUe.jpg

Cat not included as part of the chair purchase.

https://i.imgur.com/6Fosdys.jpg

Chair just after self-assembly. I would rate the ease of assembly 5/10. Assembly guide was okay but not comprehensive. A single person assembly is do-able but I recommend getting someone to assist. The seat was pretty heavy, and one person just to screw the seat with the backrest was tiring to be honest. Took about 30 minutes to fully assemble.

https://i.imgur.com/xxA9msh.jpg

After some adjustment. I am still trying to figure the best position, but I think I am getting there in terms of comfort level. I am also quite amazed at the level of adjustability of this chair. Unforunately, I have a feeling that I will not get used to the mesh seat as I wear shorts at home, so my thighs are also resting on the seat. There is a certain discomfort in this area.

https://i.imgur.com/HB77dhh.jpg

Side by side with my old Vhive chair. Lasted more than six years I suppose. Some significant wear and tear has occured at the front since the start of WFH, thus the decision to invest in another chair. The damage/tear at the back was an accidental brush against a dumbbell handle, but did not worsen further. The ROI for the Vhive chair was pretty good actually. It was comfortable.


Vulpix 04-06-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Vijay (Post 127545264)
I bought the same chair just before CB started at their shop.

Very comfortable and I bought it specifically because of the high adjustability and it is a full mesh chair. It's even more shiok when you try to lean back on the chair and stretch your legs up on a bed or something similar.

Very satisfied.

I tried this before CB and wasn't very happy with the seat and the back support. :s13: When you lean back on this chair it isn't as supportive as a Soji/Zody, this is my personal experience.

acer23 04-06-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason.OnEarth (Post 127545257)
HATTEFJÄLL Office chair with armrests, Gunnared medium grey, white. $379. The gently curved lines accentuated by sewn details are kind to your body.

IKEA chair at $379, might as well buy the secret lab $549 titan?

After working from home for Mar to May I’m looking for a good chair to sit from 8am to 9pm to alleviate my sore shoulders, neck, upper and lower back

Secret Lab chair won't ease your sore body, you need an ergonomic chair.

batniss 04-06-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason.OnEarth (Post 127545257)
HATTEFJÄLL Office chair with armrests, Gunnared medium grey, white. $379. The gently curved lines accentuated by sewn details are kind to your body.

IKEA chair at $379, might as well buy the secret lab $549 titan?

After working from home for Mar to May I’m looking for a good chair to sit from 8am to 9pm to alleviate my sore shoulders, neck, upper and lower back

joke. SL is for jokers that knows nothing about climate and having no back pains.

if the chair is "that" good, why the warranty so short? Lack of confidence? Obvious tell-tale sign. Apparently, SL themselves also know their chairs cmi but the marriage of marketing and gaming to find people blur enough to get it for the aesthetics that sells but brings 0 practicality.

no offense to SL lovers. Singapore no winter.

LaChouette 04-06-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason.OnEarth (Post 127545257)
HATTEFJÄLL Office chair with armrests, Gunnared medium grey, white. $379. The gently curved lines accentuated by sewn details are kind to your body.

IKEA chair at $379, might as well buy the secret lab $549 titan?

After working from home for Mar to May I’m looking for a good chair to sit from 8am to 9pm to alleviate my sore shoulders, neck, upper and lower back

lol, i always find it difficult to take a person seriously when he's sitting on a secretlab chair, kinda like a 5 yr old kid sleeping in a race car shaped bed. FYI the higher end Ikea chairs are quality built, and comes with a full coverage 10 yrs warranty. Also not to ignore the fact that the one i mentioned is a very comfy chair, more so than a SL. I would suggest you go and try it after the CB ends.

Swiftbladez 04-06-2020 11:22 AM

For Ikea, can go with MARKUS. Quite a lot of good reviews out there. 10 Years Guarantee as well (whatever that means, i mean it's more than SL's warranty)

batniss 04-06-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftbladez (Post 127547297)
For Ikea, can go with MARKUS. Quite a lot of good reviews out there. 10 Years Guarantee as well (whatever that means, i mean it's more than SL's warranty)

would have taken if its full mesh. the seat no doubt comfy but i wear shorts at home and after awhile, the seat will be "flooded" with my perspiration :(

SL worst, even my back need to put a shirt to absorb the perspiration

Attila 04-06-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinistral (Post 127544205)
Yeah, I am well aware, just have to enforce no-go zone around the chair. :s13:


how u enforce it? my cat enforce me =[

kandinsky 04-06-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127546080)
FYI the higher end Ikea chairs are quality built, and comes with a full coverage 10 yrs warranty.

+1. Same with their furniture, the higher end stuff actually represents pretty good value. I got a one some years back (VERKSAM or VOLMAR) when they were clearing for 50% off. Other than the usual tilt/height, also has seat pan angle, backrest height/depth. For 200+, been very satisfied.

Was actually looking to them for a replacement (so I can pass this one to another family member) but their top end range seems to have reduced options? Somewhat recall in the past, they would have at least 2-3 options in the 4-500 range with more adjustability options. Going by the discussion in here, thinking of maybe going with Haworth Fern.

songboh9696 04-06-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127545694)
joke. SL is for jokers that knows nothing about climate and having no back pains.

if the chair is "that" good, why the warranty so short? Lack of confidence? Obvious tell-tale sign. Apparently, SL themselves also know their chairs cmi but the marriage of marketing and gaming to find people blur enough to get it for the aesthetics that sells but brings 0 practicality.

no offense to SL lovers. Singapore no winter.

SL is just like DXracer. Both are just fanciful 'gaming' chairs and nothing more than that.

Ark Law 04-06-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila (Post 127547988)
how u enforce it? my cat enforce me =[

I use old bedsheets to cover my leap when not in use. Maybe you can also cover it with pvc/plastic table cloths like those you get from daiso

Rock_Lobster 04-06-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127547388)
would have taken if its full mesh. the seat no doubt comfy but i wear shorts at home and after awhile, the seat will be "flooded" with my perspiration :(

SL worst, even my back need to put a shirt to absorb the perspiration

Saw a zipper on the "JÄRVFJÄLLET" seat. At least still can wash after the seat turn black black from seating :s13::s13:

sseah12 04-06-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandinsky (Post 127548562)
+1. Same with their furniture, the higher end stuff actually represents pretty good value. I got a one some years back (VERKSAM or VOLMAR) when they were clearing for 50% off. Other than the usual tilt/height, also has seat pan angle, backrest height/depth. For 200+, been very satisfied.

Was actually looking to them for a replacement (so I can pass this one to another family member) but their top end range seems to have reduced options? Somewhat recall in the past, they would have at least 2-3 options in the 4-500 range with more adjustability options. Going by the discussion in here, thinking of maybe going with Haworth Fern.

haha.. Me too, either that or s7.. If zody I may just get 2nd hand at abt $350 to 400


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.