www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

Yevin227 06-06-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127584656)
He claims to have been around for 10 yrs, ACRA business profile shows he has only been in business for 3 yrs, sole proprietership registered under residential address at Fernvale Sengkang lol.

Really tempted to hoot also but warranty how?

LaChouette 06-06-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevin227 (Post 127584814)
Really tempted to hoot also but warranty how?

I advised against it in some earlier pages. Just get from Xtra with the 12 yrs warranty. The difference isnít that much after all if you divide it into 12 yrs. You will definitely need parts replacements within the 12 yrs, and it will usually be near the end of the 12 years. I can guarantee you this from my experience. If the audiosg guy is nowhere to be found after you bought the chair, you can write off your savings already. Donít be pennywise pound foolish like the rest of them.

With smart utilisation of the warranty at the correct timing, you can end up with an almost like new chair again near the end of 12 years, which you can then sell off for a very good price if you wish to.

Shinyunicorn 06-06-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127584656)
He claims to have been around for 10 yrs, ACRA business profile shows he has only been in business for 3 yrs, sole proprietership registered under residential address at Fernvale Sengkang lol.

Ooh fernvale? The address stated on shopee is at Bedok reservoir; on carousell @bose.lifestyle appears to the be same guy but different store name. Haha such a mystery or maybe I am missing something.

Shinyunicorn 06-06-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127582900)
Just chong for the cheaper one. I bought two from shopee liao. No regret...My friend just bought also.

Tempting to chiong also but if I'm going to chiong with this sum I want to be sure I'm paying for hehe. From all the reviews, HM is built like a rock and 2nd hand still looks brand new right... can audiosg be getting 2nd hand stocks and just reselling at a 'brand new' price tag? Maybe I'm overthinking also lah hahaha

LaChouette 06-06-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinyunicorn (Post 127585108)
Ooh fernvale? The address stated on shopee is at Bedok reservoir; on carousell @bose.lifestyle appears to the be same guy but different store name. Haha such a mystery or maybe I am missing something.

Shopee address you can put anything you want, itís probably just a fake one. Yea bose.lifestyle is him also. I honestly just find him quite sketchy, especially his response on certain questions about the chairs that I asked him.

acer23 06-06-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinyunicorn (Post 127585157)
Tempting to chiong also but if I'm going to chiong with this sum I want to be sure I'm paying for hehe. From all the reviews, HM is built like a rock and 2nd hand still looks brand new right... can audiosg be getting 2nd hand stocks and just reselling at a 'brand new' price tag? Maybe I'm overthinking also lah hahaha

You will see when you receive the chair. All worries are gone. If not I won't buy two pcs, and two of my friends also bought.

LaChouette 06-06-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Built like a rock doesnít mean you wonít need parts replacements. Yes second hand still looks brand new because of what I mentioned, with smart utilisation of the warranty, you can have a like new chair again even near the end of 12 years.

hardwaregone 06-06-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 127578294)
Again, please read up what we found out on European sizing, it is pretty big. If you're at least 180 and above, and at least 80kg, that will fit you better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 127579085)
i think thats fine, you take alook at the dimensions, and compare with your current chair first. We compared this with HM Aeron Size C, maybe you can take alook what sized people sitting that as Aeron had more takers, use this as a comparison ba

Don't think so leh.

I just measured, the seat width is 50cm, about same as my Aeron size B.
Depth is adjustable so no problem either. Backrest height don't look anything unusual.
I'm 1.7m and 60kg

Yevin227 06-06-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

this is probably my guess too. How else to explain the large differential in price between his and xtra's? Does anyone know how much does a fully loaded aeron from xtra cost?

LaChouette 06-06-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127585213)
You will see when you receive the chair. All worries are gone. If not I won't buy two pcs, and two of my friends also bought.

Donít speak too soon yet. I suggest you check the bottom stickers and end letterings, also if the legs are hard plastics instead of metal.

zinedine 06-06-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127584953)
I advised against it in some earlier pages. Just get from Xtra with the 12 yrs warranty. The difference isnít that much after all if you divide it into 12 yrs. You will definitely need parts replacements within the 12 yrs, and it will usually be near the end of the 12 years. I can guarantee you this from my experience. If the audiosg guy is nowhere to be found after you bought the chair, you can write off your savings already. Donít be pennywise pound foolish like the rest of them.

With smart utilisation of the warranty at the correct timing, you can end up with an almost like new chair again near the end of 12 years, which you can then sell off for a very good price if you wish to.

Is Xtra an official distributor? They can also close down, right?

Vulpix 06-06-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinedine (Post 127586175)

Yep, but very unlikely. If really close down I think our economy is doomed.

batniss 06-06-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127582900)
Just chong for the cheaper one. I bought two from shopee liao. No regret...My friend just bought also.

Delivery on July leh

shadow84 06-06-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127586201)
Yep, but very unlikely. If really close down I think our economy is doomed.

If they only serve the consumer market, got chance may close down. There isnt a lot of consumers that would spend $2k on a chair though.

If they are also serving the business market, then chances of closing is not high since big companies like to get this chair for upper upper managements.

LaChouette 06-06-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinedine (Post 127586175)

Yes Xtra is the official distributor listed on Herman Miller's website, and they survive on corporate bulk procurements that are in the hundreds or thousands at a time, not individual consumers. eg. Ministry of Manpower, Temasek Holdings, and many investment banks are their clients. Xtra is the sole distributor for many of the biggest global furniture brands, and if they can end up closing down, I think your chair would be the last of your worries lol.