www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

batniss 06-06-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127586906)
Yes Xtra is the official distributor listed on Herman Miller's website, and they survive on corporate bulk procurements that are in the hundreds or thousands at a time, not individual consumers. eg. MOM is one of their clients. Xtra is the sole distributor for many of the biggest global furniture brands, and if they can end up closing down, I think your chair would be the last of your worries lol.

Xtra not open. Want to buy made in PRC herman also cannot

seikokingkong 06-06-2020 11:30 AM

To be frank, all business start from small to big. All businesses have the risks of shutting down. Especially big companies, see too many examples already.

seikokingkong 06-06-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 (Post 127586848)
If they only serve the consumer market, got chance may close down. There isnt a lot of consumers that would spend $2k on a chair though.

If they are also serving the business market, then chances of closing is not high since big companies like to get this chair for upper upper managements.

Now all wfh, the demand for office furniture in office sure come down one.

LaChouette 06-06-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127586945)
Xtra not open. Want to buy made in PRC herman also cannot

lol I suggest before being smug about it, you make sure you can confirm the shopee seller isn't selling ones that came from the China factory first. Because someone brought to my attention something interesting. Don't end up shooting your own foot later.

P.S. You can still make orders on Xtra's website, and funny enough the stocks arrival date similar to the Shopee seller.

Vulpix 06-06-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow84 (Post 127586848)
If they only serve the consumer market, got chance may close down. There isnt a lot of consumers that would spend $2k on a chair though.

If they are also serving the business market, then chances of closing is not high since big companies like to get this chair for upper upper managements.

Agreed. That's why if they close down, most likely our economy gone case. :s13:

marcsio 06-06-2020 11:45 AM

does sg have staples hyken

batniss 06-06-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127587160)
lol I suggest before being smug about it, you make sure you can confirm the shopee seller isn't selling ones that came from the China factory first. Because someone brought to my attention something interesting. Don't end up shooting your own foot later.

P.S. You can still make orders on Xtra's website, and funny enough the stocks arrival date similar to the Shopee seller.

I am not even being smug about it. Why so sensitive and the way i see u keep promoting xtra + an account that is rarely used now so active..

Freedom economy sir.

Xtra is $2199
Shopee is 1599

$600 difference. Screw the warranty i will risk it. I really don't care where it is made from so long it is legitimate.

LaChouette 06-06-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127587455)
I am not even being smug about it. Why so sensitive and the way i see u keep promoting xtra + an account that is rarely used now so active..

Freedom economy sir.

Xtra is $2199
Shopee is 1599

$600 difference. Screw the warranty i will risk it.

If you have actually followed the thread, I have been suggesting our fellow friends here to get a Haworth Fern instead of an Aeron, and mentioned the Aeron is ergonomically outdated. So no I'm not from Xtra, if that's what you're insinuating lol.

And yea have been a lurker and chanced upon this thread about ergo chairs, found it interesting, decided to join in. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yea free economy, and it ain't illegal to be stupid, so please go ahead and screw the warranty, but don't make others join in with you. $600 divided by 12 years is 50 bucks a year, if you are bothered even by that 50 bucks then just get something within your budget like the Haworth Fern with 12 years warranty. Like I said, don't be pennywise pound foolish.

seikokingkong 06-06-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127587665)
If you have actually followed the thread, I having been suggesting our fellow friends here to get a Haworth Fern instead of an Aeron, and mentioned the Aeron is ergonomically outdated. So no I'm not from Xtra, if that's what you're insinuating lol.

And yea have been a lurker and chanced upon this thread about ergo chairs, found it interesting, decided to join in. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yea free economy, and it ain't illegal to be stupid, so feel free to screw the warranty, but don't make others join in with you. $600 divided by 12 years is 50 bucks a year, if you are bothered even by that 50 bucks then just get something within your budget like the Haworth Fern with 12 years warranty. Like I said, don't be pennywise pound foolish.

I think it is inappropriate to say people are stupid.

batniss 06-06-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seikokingkong (Post 127587846)

This kind of people.. dont go with their flow, resort to name calling.. smug, stupid and all. Set to ignore better

LaChouette 06-06-2020 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seikokingkong (Post 127587846)

It ain't inappropriate if it's true. Also don't ignore the fact that he has been insinuating things about me for no apparent reason since many pages back.

batniss 06-06-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127588013)
It ain't inappropriate if it's true. Also don't ignore the fact that he has been insinuating things about me for no apparent reason since many pages back.

Thats powerful. Someone here is being sore for me asking if he is from Xtra.

Sibei sensitive.

LOL?

LaChouette 06-06-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127587920)
This kind of people.. dont go with their flow, resort to name calling.. smug, stupid and all. Set to ignore better

Smug isn't name calling FYI, stupid is, but I'm not taking it back.

LaChouette 06-06-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127588042)
Thats powerful. Someone here is being sore.

lol 10 char

Proximus 06-06-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127585273)
Donít speak too soon yet. I suggest you check the bottom stickers and end letterings, also if the legs are hard plastics instead of metal.

:eek::eek::eek:

Original HM Aeron comes with hard plastic legs? Chiong or AAA one is it?