www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

seikokingkong 06-06-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proximus (Post 127588124)
:eek::eek::eek:

Original HM Aeron comes with hard plastic legs? Chiong or AAA one is it?

Watch this, remastered is PVC leg. Classic is metal one.

hg2 06-06-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127587665)
If you have actually followed the thread, I have been suggesting our fellow friends here to get a Haworth Fern instead of an Aeron, and mentioned the Aeron is ergonomically outdated. So no I'm not from Xtra, if that's what you're insinuating lol.

And yea have been a lurker and chanced upon this thread about ergo chairs, found it interesting, decided to join in. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Yea free economy, and it ain't illegal to be stupid, so please go ahead and screw the warranty, but don't make others join in with you. $600 divided by 12 years is 50 bucks a year, if you are bothered even by that 50 bucks then just get something within your budget like the Haworth Fern with 12 years warranty. Like I said, don't be pennywise pound foolish.

TBH, it's a valid point. What she mentions is not unfounded. Common sense that the new sets are likely MIC since covid-19.
Anyway, it's Ok for personal use, without a formal warranty T&C.

BTW, u can easily parallel import one from Alibaba for 700USD ;)

batniss 06-06-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hg2 (Post 127588278)
TBH, it's a valid point. What she mentions is not unfounded. Common sense that the new sets are likely MIC since covid-19.
Anyway, it's Ok for personal use, without a formal warranty T&C.

BTW, u can easily parallel import one from Alibaba for 700USD ;)

for real? got link? I really don't mind going as low as possible. I am just a typical buyer with no affiliation to any camp.

is it this?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...76e035660WxADF

never use Alibaba before, need 20 pieces?

seikokingkong 06-06-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127588329)
for real? got link? I really don't mind going as low as possible. I am just a typical buyer with no affiliation to any camp.

is it this?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...76e035660WxADF

never use Alibaba before, need 20 pieces?

This is the classic model, discontinued in 2017.

Proximus 06-06-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seikokingkong (Post 127588221)

Wah..... i did not know that.. Thanks.

Heng, mins is metal legs... steady steady

batniss 06-06-2020 12:41 PM

how to determine herman is original or fake?

i went to the website it only state the badge.. then again any china companies can just print that on, no?

seikokingkong 06-06-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127588519)

i went to the website it only state the badge.. then again any china companies can just print that on, no?

See the built quality loh.

batniss 06-06-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seikokingkong (Post 127588589)
See the built quality loh.

also must have something to compare i guess? Unless i bring the one i have at work home (firm's property).

i don't really care where it is made from. Hell, i wanted to get 2nd hand but cannot find in Carousell either. PM alot of sellers all no stock or no response.

hg2 06-06-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127588519)

Cannot tell from photos, only sit test and close visual inspections... can tell.
Sometimes, it's a third shift product from the same molding machine.

seikokingkong 06-06-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127588611)
also must have something to compare i guess? Unless i bring the one i have at work home (firm's property).

i don't really care where it is made from. Hell, i wanted to get 2nd hand but cannot find in Carousell either. PM alot of sellers all no stock or no response.

Your body will tell

LaChouette 06-06-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seikokingkong (Post 127588221)

I will just summarise for everyone's sake.

1. Graphite models come with hard plastic wheelbase, they are all imported parts and assembled in China.

2. Carbon models come with metal wheelbase, they are all imported parts and assembled in China.

3. ONLY Mineral models or Graphite+Polished base or Carbon+Polished base, are fully manufactured in USA.

This is regardless of where you are getting your chair from, so feel free to draw your own conclusion, and transparency/honesty of your seller. And I also want to add that 1:1 clone Aeron exists.

Don't ask me where my sources are from, whether you choose to believe or not, is up to you.

batniss 06-06-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127588804)
I will just summarise for everyone's sake.

1. Graphite models come with hard plastic wheelbase, they are all imported parts and assembled in China.

2. Carbon models come with metal wheelbase, they are all imported parts and assembled in China.

3. ONLY Mineral models or Graphite+Polished base or Carbon+Polished base, are fully manufactured in USA.

This is regardless of where you are getting your chair from, so feel free to draw your own conclusion, and transparency/honesty of your seller.

Don't ask me where my sources are from, whether you choose to believe or not, is up to you.

Thank you but this is where I am getting confused now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127585273)
Donít speak too soon yet. I suggest you check the bottom stickers and end letterings, also if the legs are hard plastics instead of metal.

so if we are getting Graphite, should we be expecting the legs as hard plastics or metal?

Vulpix 06-06-2020 01:03 PM

To be fair, if the plastic is good quality, it's going to still be ok. If you the type like to put your feet on the base, metal feels nicer though as cooling.

batniss 06-06-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 127585213)
You will see when you receive the chair. All worries are gone. If not I won't buy two pcs, and two of my friends also bought.

u can take photos of your chair?

hardwaregone 06-06-2020 01:11 PM

Xtra shifted to a big store at Marina Square.
Must be having a hard time struggling to survive now. Don't know they can still be around 12 years later or not. :(