www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

Charlie_Zhan 07-06-2020 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127603705)
UI is also selling PRC sets FYI.

And no I have no issues with anybody selling PRC sets, but I have issues with sellers passing off PRC sets as USA sets.

8 years since my purchase and the chair is holding up well. so i really donít see the issue with usa or prc.

why everyone need to heed your suggestion of buying your preferred chair and calling others who buy what they want with their own money as stupid? :s11:

LaChouette 07-06-2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Zhan (Post 127603733)
8 years since my purchase and the chair is holding up well. so i really donít see the issue with usa or prc.

why everyone need to heed your suggestion of buying your preferred chair and calling others who buy what they want with their own money as stupid? :s11:

If you have actually followed the thread, our folks here were the ones who said itís stupid to buy from Xtra because Xtra is selling PRC sets. I have been saying it doesnt make any difference whether itís PRC or not when itís covered by warranty. They begged to differ, and said PRC sets are low quality, and they wouldnt touch a PRC set with a 10 foot pole. They said they would go for the Shopee seller any day of the week, simply for the fact that it was advertised a USA set. My post is just in respond to showing they just shot themselves in their own foot. Because they ended up with a PRC set that they insulted so much about from the beginning.

P.S. To your other statement, I was saying UI is also currently selling PRC sets, previous years were USA sets, so youíre good. I myself am using a Korean assembled set from Xtra, and have made multiple claims from Xtra over the years.

razorlala 07-06-2020 06:36 AM

think also with politics la. with an wuhan virus fiasco, there's a worldwide effort to boycott prc made products.

countries are also subsidising companies to move their manufacturing line out of china.

many countries digging into their reserves to save their economy. don't make sense for many to support products made from the country that started it all.

Vulpix 07-06-2020 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koicafex (Post 127600741)
feel sibei paiseh to book appointment just to try and walk off :s22::s22:

Bro it's their job leh. :s13: Paiseh what.

batniss 07-06-2020 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127603750)
If you have actually followed the thread, our folks here were the ones who said itís stupid to buy from Xtra because Xtra is selling PRC sets. I have been saying it doesnt make any difference whether itís PRC or not when itís covered by warranty. They begged to differ, and said PRC sets are low quality, and they wouldnt touch a PRC set with a 10 foot pole. They said they would go for the Shopee seller any day of the week, simply for the fact that it was advertised a USA set. My post is just in respond to showing they just shot themselves in their own foot. Because they ended up with a PRC set that they insulted so much about from the beginning.

P.S. To your other statement, I was saying UI is also currently selling PRC sets, previous years were USA sets, so youíre good. I myself am using a Korean assembled set from Xtra, and have made multiple claims from Xtra over the years.

I really don't care where it is made from. How to get it for 1.2k?

Those folks also take c*** one. Why u so triggered? The seller also put 12 years, if based on what you have said, he shouldn't state that either. They don't even know how Mercs and C&C work.

Mercs AD a lot of models don't come from Germany either, still you see most on the roads buy from C&C. Go check out the import price (from onemotoring) and the price they sell for, the markup is horrible.

I will say just ignore them. they have already move on, u should too.

And if you are from Xtra, can share and allow us to buy staff price?

melakamc 07-06-2020 09:00 AM

Out of curiosity. Doesn't HM cover warranty despite where you bought it from, if it is original?

What if I bought a 3 year old HM from an office liquidator, I can't claim warranty from HM within the usual warranty period?

nez 07-06-2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Zhan (Post 127603697)
if buy from Xtra also made in PRC so what’s the big fuss. you pay higher price for Xtra prc sets and also no guarantee Xtra won’t disappear one day.

you are competitor of that shopee seller?

disclaimer. i am not a patron of either. i bought mine many years ago from UI.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fzhfzh (Post 127603699)
This guy sounds so triggered. Must be employee or related to the authorized retailer. People can buy from where ever they want, it’s their free choice.

Its not about PRC made or USA made, its about deception by seller, that the customer made the purchase base on what was advertise.

If I am the buyer I would likewise be upset.........no, actually I will be pissed off & will respond IF they turn nasty :D

Anyway, If, nothing wrong with PRC made, why seller mention USA made?

This is just common sense opinion from my POV

As a disclaimer, I did not verified on whether the incident is true or not :o

batniss 07-06-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melakamc (Post 127604551)
Out of curiosity. Doesn't HM cover warranty despite where you bought it from, if it is original?

What if I bought a 3 year old HM from an office liquidator, I can't claim warranty from HM within the usual warranty period?

Problem with HM is warranty not transferrable. The worst.

Vulpix 07-06-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127604665)
Problem with HM is warranty not transferrable. The worst.

Isn't this normal for most companies? Steelcase and Haworth IIRC also not transferable. :s13:

batniss 07-06-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127604761)
Isn't this normal for most companies? Steelcase and Haworth IIRC also not transferable. :s13:

Why chairs manufacturer so mafan 1

Vulpix 07-06-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127604798)
Why chairs manufacturer so mafan 1

They don't want a resale market to flourish. They earn nothing when the unit is being resold.

batniss 07-06-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127604811)
They don't want a resale market to flourish. They earn nothing when the unit is being resold.

Isn't it the same for any product?

batniss 07-06-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127603635)
https://i.imgur.com/BdhGmlA.jpg

CONGRATS to all the folks here who purchased your Aeron from the Shopee seller at a ďgreat dealĒ :s13:

You are now a PROUD owner of a CHINA MADE Aeron with QUESTIONABLE warranty from the Shopee seller :s13: :s13: :s13:

I suggest you guys raise dispute on the seller for a PERCENTAGE REFUND or FULL RETURN+REFUND through Shopee.

The seller is definitely aware the chairs came from China as Herman Miller would have sent an email. But the fact that he chooses to still advertise it as USA made stock, is FALSE ADVERTISING.

Your photo mask the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hermanmiller/comments/gnb6ii/bait_and_switch_chinese_made_aeron_sent_instead/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

Shows that the person order directly from HM site also get PRC set.

bolts 07-06-2020 09:48 AM

I see a code on chair starting with DGxxxxxx.

Possibly mean Dong Guan. Anyway, as long as itís legit Herman Miller. I donít really care where it come from. Itís like corrolla Altis made in Thailand, not in Japan. If really there is some compromise in quality, you all will be the first to know from me.

I see a few videos of repairing Aeron chair, replacing the gas piston is the most common repair. That one not hard to replace.

Nakedtoes 07-06-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 127601743)
Wah.. U got lobang? Can teach how to import for 1.2k..no gst?

Halo I still waiting leh... The one who said can get at 1.2k.. Where are u? Gong Jiao Wei isst? Lol prove to us leh..