www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

LaChouette 07-06-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 127605325)
Halo I still waiting leh... The one who said can get at 1.2k.. Where are u? Gong Jiao Wei isst? Lol prove to us leh..

Yea sorry bro I gong jiao wei, Audiosg is actually doing charity, he selling $1.6k at his cost price.

LaChouette 07-06-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127605165)
Your photo mask the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hermanmille...tent=post_body

Shows that the person order directly from HM site also get PRC set.

I have already mentioned yesterday in my summary. The specific models I listed comes from China regardless of where you are placing your order from. However the seller claims his chairs are USA made, which is a false claim. Many folks placed the order from him specifically for the fact that he advertises the chairs to be USA made, which they feel is better quality and hence willing to risk the questionable warranty.

batniss 07-06-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127605583)
I have already mentioned yesterday in my summary. The specific models I listed comes from China regardless of where you are placing your order from. However the seller claims his chairs are USA made, which is a false claim. Many folks placed the order from him specifically for the fact that he advertises the chairs to be USA made, which they feel is better quality and hence willing to risk the questionable warranty.

Why you have to keep harping on this and ignore other questions? You have already made your point.

If they refuse to listen so be it. On top of that you should focus on those who are really buying not those just kb warriors but did not purchase it

LaChouette 07-06-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127605710)
Why you have to keep harping on this and ignore other questions? You have already made your point. No point continuing yes?

Unfortunately because I took great offence when you lot gave me flak for cautioning the other buyers from falling victim. And now you're singing a different tune because I mentioned I can help you get yourself one at a cheaper price?

batniss 07-06-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127605840)
Unfortunately because I took great offence when you lot gave me flak for cautioning the other buyers from falling victim.

Oh wait, u lot? What kind of flak did i gave u besides asking if you are from Xtra? Anyone would have mistaken u are from Xtra since your are so triggered and defensive for them (until now i still cant deny that based on your posts)

Already said, everyone already move on yet you still harp on it...

So now the 1.2k, how to get it? I can still cancel my order..

vamprose 07-06-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127525155)
Yea I had the Aeron for 14 years already, and the Fern for a couple years. I like how the Fern contours to hug the shape of your back rather than suspend it like the Aeron. I also like the narrowness of the back because it doesn't block the back of your elbows from stretching behind the chair. Great for body movements and stretches throughout the day, which is why i described it as similar to the Embody. The Aeron doesn't allow much upper body movements, if any at all. Overall i feel the Aeron's ergonomic is very much outdated even for the remastered, and its only saving grace is its history and cult following for those who haven't gone out to try other chairs.

pretty sure an xtra employee wouldn't say that. i never knew ergonomics can be outdated anyway :s13:

likely to be competitor brand competing at the price range of 1k+, thus dissuading people to get the cheaper shopee option.

Vulpix 07-06-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vamprose (Post 127607016)
pretty sure an xtra employee wouldn't say that. i never knew ergonomics can be outdated anyway :s13:

likely to be competitor brand competing at the price range of 1k+, thus dissuading people to get the cheaper shopee option.

Actually hor, I feel the ergonomics of the Aeron could use some updating. If you have lower spine problems, the Aeron doesn't do a very good job of supporting it from my own personal experience. The Fern has this webbing that provides fantastic support on your entire back assuming you're not super tall like 1.9m or something. You can fine tune the back support and the webbing does the rest.

Personally I feel the Fern is more comfortable than the Aeron, but everyone has their own sweet spot.

sunbox 07-06-2020 11:31 AM

How to get it for 1.2k?

LaChouette 07-06-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vamprose (Post 127607016)
pretty sure an xtra employee wouldn't say that. i never knew ergonomics can be outdated anyway :s13:

likely to be competitor brand competing at the price range of 1k+, thus dissuading people to get the cheaper shopee option.

I meant ergonomic functions*
lol believe what you want to believe, I have recommended our friends here from Haworth chairs to Ikea chairs and even Taobao chairs. And I have yet to mention a single place to get the chairs. Like i have always mentioned, the money is yours, and it aint illegal to be stupid. So feel free to do as you please and purchase from the Shopee guy if you still think itís a good deal after i have exposed all his false claims. From business address, business history, and product origin :s13:

batniss 07-06-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 127607397)
I meant ergonomic functions*
lol believe what you want to believe, I have recommended our friends here from Haworth chairs to Ikea chairs and even Taobao chairs. And I have yet to mention a single place to get the chairs. Like i have always mentioned, the money is yours, and it aint illegal to be stupid. So feel free to do as you please and purchase from the Shopee guy if you still think itís a good deal after i have exposed all his false claims. From business address, business history, and product origin :s13:

People choice why u have to keep harping on the stupidity? Buying from Shopee equates to stupidity?

U higher mortal? Why people buy from Shopee is stupid if they have done their work and agreed that the savings is something they are willing to risk when it comes to warranty and PRC?

U cannot justify his price point can actually target to a different segment of price conscious audience yet you harp on the stupid.

What are you actually?

batniss 07-06-2020 11:56 AM

Additionally aren't you the same as the Shopee guy by saying things that you cannot back it up?

melakamc 07-06-2020 11:57 AM

Is there one place that I can go and try out all Herman miller, haworth, steelcase, etc.. chairs?

Vulpix 07-06-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melakamc (Post 127607901)
Is there one place that I can go and try out all Herman miller, haworth, steelcase, etc.. chairs?

No, I have to make a few trips to try all the chairs, I made a few appointments in one day shag. :s22: I tried these brands:

Herman Miller
Steelcase
Koyuko
Haworth
Ergoworks
Comfort Design

I think each place I tried 2-3 chairs and had to ask each of the sales people some questions. :s13: But if you're spending 1k on a chair, better to make sure everything is in order.

vamprose 07-06-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127607200)
Actually hor, I feel the ergonomics of the Aeron could use some updating. If you have lower spine problems, the Aeron doesn't do a very good job of supporting it from my own personal experience. The Fern has this webbing that provides fantastic support on your entire back assuming you're not super tall like 1.9m or something. You can fine tune the back support and the webbing does the rest.

Personally I feel the Fern is more comfortable than the Aeron, but everyone has their own sweet spot.

yup admittedly aeron is no longer at the pinnacle of ergonomic design. but core design principles remains valid, and saying that HM is nothing but just branding is a stretch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127607882)
Additionally aren't you the same as the Shopee guy by saying things that you cannot back it up?

to be fair, the shopee guy is selling a product and he/she isn't.

but still doesn't make sense that he/she goes around flaming the shopee seller, when it is clearly a risk/benefit analysis.

ignoring the production location (which somehow is something everyone is harping on).
in the worst case scenario and the shopee seller imports china-made HM, it is basically a question of $600-700 vs 12 years of warranty. there's no right or wrong, it is not stupid to go with a parallel importer and forsaking warranty doing so.

LaChouette 07-06-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127607882)
Additionally aren't you the same as the Shopee guy by saying things that you cannot back it up?

And what did i say that i canít back it up?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.