HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

Like Tree491Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2020, 02:20 PM   #2266
Supremacy Member

I'm testing my seat. if my wife love it maybe will try the taobao 1. not so soon though
Lol your wife don’t mind using old chair. I had to buy 2 Aeron, one for me one for wife. It’s either this or I buy 1 for wife and 0 for me.
fzhfzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:21 PM   #2267
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lol your wife don’t mind using old chair. I had to buy 2 Aeron, one for me one for wife. It’s either this or I buy 1 for wife and 0 for me.
. we share everything so is fine
Processor
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E4600
Mainboard
Irvine-GL6E
Graphics Card
Intel HD
Memory
4096MB DDR2
Display
Acer Predator X34A
Storage
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Casing
S3380D HomePC
Audio
High Definition 6-channel audio
OS
Windows 10 Home SL

batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:24 PM   #2268
Arch-Supremacy Member

I mentioned earlier that this is EzShop, which is a more expensive method, as it uses Ezbuy’s exchange rate, known to be quite ridiculous. A cheaper method is to purchase directly from Taobao using the Taobao app in RMB yourself and ship it to the EzShip address. Using Transferwise or Revolut by paying in RMB will save you quite alot on the exchange rate because $1k it’s a significant amount. Even after including GST(calculated upon on what you declare) the price is still within the $1.2k range, everything included.
Sorry but i am not sure what EzShip means when i went from Ezship and it leads me to EzBuy.

if it doesn't trouble u, can u gpgt the price, steps to do and everything so everyone here can benefit from it?
Processor
Mainboard
Irvine-GL6E
Graphics Card
Intel HD
Memory
4096MB DDR2
Display
Acer Predator X34A
Storage
Casing
S3380D HomePC
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Home SL

Old 10-06-2020, 02:29 PM   #2269
Supremacy Member

I tested, the lack of GST exclusion worries me.

Taobao link

Price before GST - the breakdown as follows;

T&C for EzShip shows it will be imposed means price don't include i believe.

contrary to what i have paid for...

Shopee: $1599 (before discount)
Taobao: $1298.70 (Shipping + Insurance) - am not sure if this includes GST

the difference is close to $300.30. Not sure of any hidden costs.

also; if he is willing to share earlier I would have purchased from Taobao. Since he only shared it after I buy and the Shopee seller managed to deliver to it within couple of days... I would just treat it as

1. loss cost
2. express delivery
Imo I won’t bother buying from Taobao directly if difference only 300. Shipping from China is from sea. It’s freaking horrible. You can expect it to come in 1-3 months if nothing goes wrong. By then wfh probably over already.
fzhfzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #2270
Arch-Supremacy Member

Imo I won’t bother buying from Taobao directly if difference only 300. Shipping from China is from sea. It’s freaking horrible. You can expect it to come in 1-3 months if nothing goes wrong. By then wfh probably over already.
got that bad? i know taobao direct Singapore is 1-2weeks (my wife buy things from there occasionally). EzShip I have never used it before.
Processor
Mainboard
Irvine-GL6E
Graphics Card
Intel HD
Memory
4096MB DDR2
Display
Acer Predator X34A
Storage
Casing
S3380D HomePC
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Home SL

Old 10-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #2271

Sorry but i am not sure what EzShip means when i went from Ezship and it leads me to EzBuy.

if it doesn't trouble u, can u gpgt the price, steps to do and everything so everyone here can benefit from it?
EzBuy offers 2 types of services.
EzShop and EzShip
EzShop is where they make the purchase for you, from start to finish including shipping. And you pay in SGD
EzShip is where you make the purchase yourself in RMB, and they just ship it to you. It will involve using 2 to 3 apps.

It will be a very very tedious process for me to post SS of all the steps and everything. As it involves me showing both my Taobao and ezbuy account details and shipping information. What i suggest you do is to start by trying to ship something cheap yourself and get familiar with the whole process once, using EzShip. Or you can read up on EzBuy’s website on how the EzShip process works.

Last edited by LaChouette; 10-06-2020 at 02:35 PM..
LaChouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:33 PM   #2272
High Supremacy Member

got that bad? i know taobao direct Singapore is 1-2weeks (my wife buy things from there occasionally). EzShip I have never used it before.
Depending on which forwarder u use, they like to consolidate before sending out. Ship 1 20ft container is $xxxx be it full or empty, so might as well make it full then ship out.
Mainboard
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Graphics Card
Palit GTX 1080Ti FE w/ AQC Kyrographics Nickel Plated water block w/ Acrylic Glass
Memory
G.Skill SniperX 2x 8GB 3200Mhz CL16
Display
Samsung C32HG70 32" 1440p 144Hz HDR
Storage
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB (OS) / Toshiba 5TB HDD
Optical Storage
这能不能吃的啊?
Casing
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic / 6x Gentle Typhoons AP-15 / 2x Bitspower Leviathan Slim 360mm Radiators
PSU
Seasonic X-850W 80+ Gold with White Sleeved Cables + Cable Combs
Audio
Topping DX7 DAC / JBL LSR305 Speakers / JBL LSR310s Subwoofer
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #2273
Arch-Supremacy Member

EzBuy offers 2 types of services.
EzShop and EzShip
EzShop is where they make the purchase for you, from start to finish including shipping. And you pay in SGD
EzShip is where you make the purchase yourself, and they just ship it to you.

It will be a very very tedious process for me to post SS of all the steps and everything. As it involves me showing both my Taobao and ezbuy account details and shipping information. What i suggest you do is to start by trying to ship something cheap yourself and get familiar with the whole process once. Or you can read up on EzBuy’s website on how the EzShip process works.
i think u can mask those details. rather u spend time flooding your stance to people with words, I think the more convincing way is to show proof, don't you think?

where i am coming from is you said you have done it before so having screen captures of those pages would be faster and more accurate than what we've could see.

but if you think is impossible, i won't push.

my 2 cents, hopefully, i don't come across as nasty nor begging which wasn't my intention.

Last edited by batniss; 10-06-2020 at 02:46 PM..
Processor
Mainboard
Irvine-GL6E
Graphics Card
Intel HD
Memory
4096MB DDR2
Display
Acer Predator X34A
Storage
Casing
S3380D HomePC
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Home SL

Old 10-06-2020, 02:35 PM   #2274

My wife one fern, I also one fern.
Processor
Intel i7-6700k
Mainboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
Graphics Card
GeForce GTX 1080 Founder Edition 8GB
Memory
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Display
Acer XB271HU
Storage
Samsung SM950 m.2, Sandisk 240gb, 2x 3TB WD Greens
Casing
Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV MicroATX Mini Tower Case
PSU
Corsair AX760i
OS
Windows 10 Professional

Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #2275
Master Member

If you remember vpost concierge, think EZshop is similar. You only need to deal with them. They will deal with the seller/retailer.

EZship is like normal vpost. They give you a CN address. Then you make your purchase at the retailer and send to the CN address.
kandinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #2276
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you remember vpost concierge, think EZshop is similar. You only need to deal with them. They will deal with the seller/retailer.

EZship is like normal vpost. They give you a CN address. Then you make your purchase at the retailer and send to the CN address.
yeah i figured that part but any way to determine the actual cost?

https://ezbuy.sg/Help/CostCalculate?...48.11.0.banner this ?

and match it with this?

This mesh desk chair by Herman Miller provides comfort, elegance, and flexibility all in one chair through its compelling features and design. The shipped package consists of a box which contains the Herman Miller Aeron fully assembled. Users just have to slide the chair out of the box before they can start using it. The shipped package dimensions are approximately 17” x 27” x 42” (43.2cm x 68.5cm x 106.7cm). The shipping weight is 64 lbs (29 kg). The box features side handles which allow users to carry it easily. The manufacturer offers free domestic shipping to all states within the USA. Two-day shipping is also offered on demand. The package also contains all the support documents and user manual of the Herman Miller Aeron. The 12-year warranty offered by the manufacturer is also included in the shipped package.

Last edited by batniss; 10-06-2020 at 02:44 PM..
Processor
Mainboard
Irvine-GL6E
Graphics Card
Intel HD
Memory
4096MB DDR2
Display
Acer Predator X34A
Storage
Casing
S3380D HomePC
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Home SL

Old 10-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #2277

I will email them to clarify. But as posted earlier, a recent purchase from mid last year is a Made in USA one.
The last time I went when they told me about the Aerons were USA made again was in the last two years.

But I do remember very clearly that when I was shopping for my classic Aerons quite some time ago, they were made in China. At that time, their prices were really steep and not worth it.

Actually I did a quick check on my email, I did email them before but I was asking about the Sayl chair in 2012. On the email, they confirm that they are made in China.
compuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #2278

yeah i figured that part but any way to determine the actual cost?

https://ezbuy.sg/Help/CostCalculate?...48.11.0.banner this ?

and match it with this?

This mesh desk chair by Herman Miller provides comfort, elegance, and flexibility all in one chair through its compelling features and design. The shipped package consists of a box which contains the Herman Miller Aeron fully assembled. Users just have to slide the chair out of the box before they can start using it. The shipped package dimensions are approximately 17” x 27” x 42” (43.2cm x 68.5cm x 106.7cm). The shipping weight is 64 lbs (29 kg). The box features side handles which allow users to carry it easily. The manufacturer offers free domestic shipping to all states within the USA. Two-day shipping is also offered on demand. The package also contains all the support documents and user manual of the Herman Miller Aeron. The 12-year warranty offered by the manufacturer is also included in the shipped package.
Yes, you will already see the damn big difference between ezship and ezshop
Old 10-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #2279
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes, you will already see the damn big difference between ezship and ezshop
Above 1.2k - and "1188" is assuming i could get such a good exchange rate.

in order to get RMB5879

i need to exchange 1168.40 + 16.60 exchange = $1185

Last edited by batniss; 10-06-2020 at 02:55 PM..
Processor
Mainboard
Irvine-GL6E
Graphics Card
Intel HD
Memory
4096MB DDR2
Display
Acer Predator X34A
Storage
Casing
S3380D HomePC
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Home SL

Old 10-06-2020, 02:52 PM   #2280

Above 1.2k - and "1188" is assuming i could get such a good exchange rate.

The other time the one i posted was $1144, maybe a different seller from the one you are using. and also, like i said for the gst, done at your own discretion.

Anyway if you want to make it sound like im lying then by all means, dont buy... I dont earn anything from sharing this anyway. Since the start till now with me sharing all these details, I havent heard a word of thanks from you yet. And it seemed like as if it is my duty to provide the service.

Some of the other people thanked me even when I just simply recommend some info of the chairs, or linked them to the a warranty policy page.

Last edited by LaChouette; 10-06-2020 at 03:04 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.