www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

Shinyunicorn 10-06-2020 09:41 PM

Was going to get the HM Aeron but contemplated till now. After reading everyone's comments, am considering the Haworth Fern instead. Thanks all for sharing!

From my email correspondences with Haworth, warranty is as such for the Fern:

12 years: Chair frame, moving mechanisms
10 years: Arm cap, casters
2 years: Mesh back, seat foam

sseah12 10-06-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 127681264)
I've emailed both Steelcase and Haworth Singapore to find out more about showroom reopening. Haworth was very responsive and replied multiple emails with relevant information while Steelcase has not replied at all. This worries me about warranty claims in the future - if they can't even be bothered to entertain prospective customers that they can earn money from, how will they treat warranty claims that don't contribute to their bottom line? This sucks because I was actually leaning towards getting a Leap after watching a few video reviews. What worries me about the Fern is build quality as I saw a few pages back about the plastic construction of the Zody that spoils easily.

12 yr warranty no scared.. Yep I also quote impressed with Haworth sales rep response.. Chairworkers email oso no respond.. Zzz

LaChouette 10-06-2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinyunicorn (Post 127681818)
Was going to get the HM Aeron but contemplated till now. After reading everyone's comments, am considering the Haworth Fern instead. Thanks all for sharing!

From my email correspondences with Haworth, warranty is as such for the Fern:

12 years: Chair frame, moving mechanisms
10 years: Arm cap, casters
2 years: Mesh back, seat foam

Great choice :s12: Fern is overall a better and cheaper chair than Aeron, you will not be disappointed

Vulpix 10-06-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbvius (Post 127681714)
Boss, u try before secretlab office chair?
How does it compare with zody?

My friend has the OEM version of that garbage, it's not very comfortable, the chair feels cheap, overall I would not even bother when a Haworth Soji is almost the same price and feels higher quality.

Vulpix 10-06-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinyunicorn (Post 127681818)
Was going to get the HM Aeron but contemplated till now. After reading everyone's comments, am considering the Haworth Fern instead. Thanks all for sharing!

From my email correspondences with Haworth, warranty is as such for the Fern:

12 years: Chair frame, moving mechanisms
10 years: Arm cap, casters
2 years: Mesh back, seat foam

Sounds about right to me, the mesh and seat foam you don't change often one, will last quite long. The parts that will spoil usually is the arm cap and the castors, both which I have changed once in the 11 years I have owned the Zody.

orbvius 10-06-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127682069)
My friend has the OEM version of that garbage, it's not very comfortable, the chair feels cheap, overall I would not even bother when a Haworth Soji is almost the same price and feels higher quality.

OK noted boss :eek:

skiversupreme 10-06-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 127681799)
joking.. Maybe BB sit on the chair and the back flabs press the lumbar support down?.. Seems like the gear teeth a bit loose hence the parts don't bite or hold onto each other properly?
I emailed UI whether they gonna have s7 v2 since their website mention they are are constantly updating the design.. And whether they can include 4d arms and lbar depth adjuster.. Hehe

Sent them an email with videos. Not sure it's normal, I am not a very difficult consumer but the made in Malaysia Merryfair chair in my office feels sturdier.

funnycow 10-06-2020 10:00 PM

thinking of getting a zody/soji ~

i_dun_understand 10-06-2020 10:54 PM

just placed my order on Haworth Fern without trying (cross finger), 8 weeks count down begins

illumnae 10-06-2020 11:06 PM

Thanks for the assurance! I'm looking forward to their showroom opening to try and if nothing goes wrong will place an order then. Pity about the waiting time, but I intend to get the 4d armrests and the headrest so the discount model not suitable for me anyway

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127681620)
It doesn't spoil that easily lah. If you normal home use, it's quite sturdy. Only some parts are plastic, but they're not bad quality plastic. My 11 year old Zody speaks for itself. For the Leap v2 just take note that the back is not mesh, it's a bit warm to sit on.

Customer service matters alot to me - one of the reasons I don't like buying online. Some friends say I'm too old fashioned :s13:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 127681843)
12 yr warranty no scared.. Yep I also quote impressed with Haworth sales rep response.. Chairworkers email oso no respond.. Zzz


AhhHoNG 10-06-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hg2 (Post 127678327)
amortize over 2yrs, less then $1 per day, its no brainer....
Some more buy direct from manufacturer, no parallel import warranty worries...

Sure fast hand, fast leg grab first :s13:

Cannot liddat say. wad if u spend $1 everyday to get irritated by the side tilt and flimsy parts?? hope phase 2 can go their warehouse to test and oso got sum official launch promo

sseah12 10-06-2020 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 127683374)
Thanks for the assurance! I'm looking forward to their showroom opening to try and if nothing goes wrong will place an order then. Pity about the waiting time, but I intend to get the 4d armrests and the headrest so the discount model not suitable for me anyway



Customer service matters alot to me - one of the reasons I don't like buying online. Some friends say I'm too old fashioned :s13:

Hehe.. Maybe we can go tog.. I may get the headrest / 4d arm w colour option..

sseah12 10-06-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_dun_understand (Post 127683130)
just placed my order on Haworth Fern without trying (cross finger), 8 weeks count down begins

can sic which spec u got? Assuming not the promo one right?

influxrush 10-06-2020 11:36 PM

interested in getting a zody or maybe soji, anyone got contact with haworth can pm? TIA.

batniss 10-06-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroshiya8 (Post 127680373)
have we got a winner yet ?

Lol.
10chars


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.