www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

tazzycorner 12-06-2020 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estrangable (Post 127689706)
hmm....no offence...are you sure? I just tried it -

Subtotal SGD1,289.00
Coupon: hhosg2604 Free shipping coupon [Remove]
Coupon: sp-zf -SGD541.38 [Remove]
Total SGD747.62
Includes SGD48.91 VAT

i thought the local pricing is $681?

Gremo 12-06-2020 08:58 AM

For Ergohuman, does anyone know the difference between their Ergohuman "Project" chair vs Ergohuman classic. The difference is 799 vs 938.

On the Ergohuman website ( not singapore retailer ), they only have the classic. Also, the advertising looks very different.

Napalm 12-06-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremo (Post 127708174)
For Ergohuman, does anyone know the difference between their Ergohuman "Project" chair vs Ergohuman classic. The difference is 799 vs 938.

On the Ergohuman website ( not singapore retailer ), they only have the classic. Also, the advertising looks very different.

To add to the confusion, there is the Ergohuman "Enjoy" series which is cheaper though the back structure looks different.

Was looking at Ergohuman for a while. The price is quoted at $699 (but OOS) on mason.com.sg which makes me think that the current $9XX price on ergohuman.sg is hugely jacked up. As some have shared here earlier, if you search on Taobao for Ergohuman 保友, you can find identical chairs for around $500 range. But there are so many variants (B, E, S, L series), and a bit perplexing to navigate the delivery arrangements and charges blah blah... so I just closed all my windows on this after a while. :s13:

Attila 12-06-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napalm (Post 127709676)
To add to the confusion, there is the Ergohuman "Enjoy" series which is cheaper though the back structure looks different.

Was looking at Ergohuman for a while. The price is quoted at $699 (but OOS) on mason.com.sg which makes me think that the current $9XX price on ergohuman.sg is hugely jacked up. As some have shared here earlier, if you search on Taobao for Ergohuman 保友, you can find identical chairs for around $500 range. But there are so many variants (B, E, S, L series), and a bit perplexing to navigate the delivery arrangements and charges blah blah... so I just closed all my windows on this after a while. :s13:

ergohuman in some aspect is better than aeron, like the 1 adjustment lever which is very easy to reach and use, lumbar suppose is very pronounce.

the mesh quality not bad but sagged after 3-4yrs of usage and torn up by my cat.

it's a good buy at $699 if mason will restock it. i bought it at $599 from apres marketing before they close down.
i personally won't buy this if is more than $750

skiversupreme 12-06-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Napalm (Post 127709676)

The enjoy is actually a close copy to the aeron without the adjustable lumbar and other features. Been considering it. Search reviews on work pro 9000 seat. Pretty good reviews.

wert 12-06-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiversupreme (Post 127711239)
The enjoy is actually a close copy to the aeron without the adjustable lumbar and other features. Been considering it. Search reviews on work pro 9000 seat. Pretty good reviews.

I am still using Enjoy although it is quite beat up by now. Bought many years ago from the old ergohuman distro (apres). It is more than 10 years, I think. The arm rest are worn off and torn up, the mesh seat sagged a little. The support is there and imo much better than similarly priced chairs as it cost only 3xx then.

sseah12 12-06-2020 12:03 PM

Lazada have some mesh Orthoback seat series 300 to 600.. Not bad leh

skiversupreme 12-06-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wert (Post 127711391)
I am still using Enjoy although it is quite beat up by now. Bought many years ago from the old ergohuman distro (apres). It is more than 10 years, I think. The arm rest are worn off and torn up, the mesh seat sagged a little. The support is there and imo much better than similarly priced chairs as it cost only 3xx then.

Hows the build quality? Solid? Did it have lots of rattling parts? I read its like 30kg.

wert 12-06-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiversupreme (Post 127711726)
How’s the build quality? Solid? Did it have lots of rattling parts? I read it’s like 30kg.

Structurally, it is still fine. Just that the arm rests start wearing out after 5 years, the mesh holds up ok, but beginning to show signs of wearing out in last couple of years too. The mesh quality is nowhere near an aeron, that's for sure.

Build is quite solid, there is some minimal squeaks when you shifted around hard, but all in all very solid, considering the price. I tried the more expensive Eroghuman, but bought this one because I feel it is comfortable enough without the adjustments and it is much more value.

Can we still buy this? Anyone mind sharing the link to this Enjoy model? I would consider it if it is around the same price.

hulkmagic 12-06-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wert (Post 127712010)
Structurally, it is still fine. Just that the arm rests start wearing out after 5 years, the mesh holds up ok, but beginning to show signs of wearing out in last couple of years too. The mesh quality is nowhere near an aeron, that's for sure.

Build is quite solid, there is some minimal squeaks when you shifted around hard, but all in all very solid, considering the price. I tried the more expensive Eroghuman, but bought this one because I feel it is comfortable enough without the adjustments and it is much more value.

Can we still buy this? Anyone mind sharing the link to this Enjoy model? I would consider it if it is around the same price.

from taobao: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...d=586743387736

local: https://store.atwood.com.sg/collections/enjoy-chairs

batniss 12-06-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wert (Post 127711391)

u should have share this earlier :mad:

i could buy 3-4 of it :s13:

hulkmagic 12-06-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127712783)
u should have share this earlier :mad:

i could buy 3-4 of it :s13:

i bought my enjoy from apres 4-5 years back too. no sag from mesh. arm rest no wear and tear too. only the casters starting to leave black dots on my floor.

i just ordered genidia from taobao: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id...u=c225eehc0e8f

3388rmb with leg rest excluding shipping :s12::s12:

hg2 12-06-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127701537)
My seat cushion still ok leh. Maybe I don't sweat much. :s13: No aircon for 11 years here.

Since you have become "unofficial" Fern showroom, wondering if you have any experience with Haworth HAT table ? does it wobble like the OmxxDesk ?

winthony 12-06-2020 02:40 PM

On the topic of ergohuman, what is the warranty and is it an OEM china chair?

was searching and this looks interesting :

https://store.atwood.com.sg/collecti...aluminium-base

sseah12 12-06-2020 02:41 PM

Wouldn't be surprise if someone came up w custom made (back rest size).. May be a viable market..