www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

sseah12 18-06-2020 06:45 PM

@vulpix - does your fern headrest sort of limit you when you lean back/ twist in the chair? Maybe can hear from u n keep this in mind before going to try the chair liao..

CorosIve 18-06-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127838046)
btw, Ikea opens tomorrow...

one great alternative for those who are still seeking for chairs

:s12:

Ikea chairs are trash unfortunately :s13:

Vulpix 18-06-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 127845783)
@vulpix - does your fern headrest sort of limit you when you lean back/ twist in the chair? Maybe can hear from u n keep this in mind before going to try the chair liao..

I don't really understand your question. I can lean back fine and twist my chair with the headrest.

dEv_ 18-06-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckkoh1 (Post 127844714)
I actually have steelcase singapore's phone number. Just spoke to them, their office still closed. So walk-in customers have to wait till their management says its ok. Don't know when.

Anyway, their number is 67385225

great information. From my experience, Steelcase sure take ages to reply their end retail consumer email.

Perhaps our business are not worth their time. ;)

batniss 18-06-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorosIve (Post 127845904)
Ikea chairs are trash unfortunately :s13:

based on the bros here, Markus is far from what u have said, unfortunately.

oahiyeel 18-06-2020 08:46 PM

Anyone have bought from comfort furniture before?

Considering the Jorca or Astrid.. looks like cheaper alternative to the ergotune or takeaseat Sail.

https://www.comfortfurniture.com.sg/...k-office-chair
https://www.comfortfurniture.com.sg/...k-office-chair

IAmNiceify 18-06-2020 09:32 PM

Looks the haworth showroom need appointment one is it? Looking to try the fern and zody. @Vulpix bro any comments?

sseah12 18-06-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 127846499)
I don't really understand your question. I can lean back fine and twist my chair with the headrest.

sry, I mean using your body / back to twist the backrest with yr head still on the headrest.. It's ok.. Gonna try it out.. Hehe

illumnae 19-06-2020 12:06 AM

Haworth showroom only open during office hours so it's not exactly easy to visit for extended trying out for those working. The sales person I've been liaising with also won't be back in office until 29 June as they're doing staggered roster so she requested appointment to be during that week

mike911 19-06-2020 07:50 AM

Sharing some of my thoughts about chairs. Though I never tried true ergonomic chairs before.

In short,
I believe everyone will have a different experiences and thoughts. I don't think there will be one chair or solution that fits "all."
(Maybe perhaps one day, I dunno for now)

Experience,
Before staring, my sharing could affected be my body and tailbone that is weak in posture and core. Plus also the style in seating and if body form matches the chair type. Resulting in issues that I faced with different chairs.
  • - Supporting Accessories are really up to individuals for comfort and support whenever necessary at different postures, good to have, but not mandatory
  • - Mesh Back and Seat, etc. I feel its kinda good for ventilation but depending on different makers, some are very tough, tight, wirey feeling, and might even wrap over time
  • - PU Leather, forget it not ideal in our weather
  • - Fabric or those "carpetary" type cloth, depends on the clothings you wear at home, might irritate skin after long seating
  • - Adjustments, definitely good to look out for to fit your needs plus different timings you might want to readjust, i.e. Seat Height/Front/Back, Sway, Lumbar, Arm Rest (Optional), Head, etc.
  • - Size and Contour, this is perhaps the most difficult to hunt, almost every single chair has its own characteristics. i.e For me, first most important is to find something that doesn't hurt tailbone

Its kinda hard to recall everything, but then it is definitely an experience everytime, till now I still cannot find something that "works" for me. There are days I even feel comfort from those budget solid stools, but next moment another good or bad feeling comes.

Perhaps the best advice or recommendation that I could consider is "don't stay stationary in a fixed position for too long" or at least be slightly flexi during seating.

Used
Random Office Chairs (Given by relatives)
Ikea - Millberget (Older version, forgot the name, Brother's chair, worn off, discarded)
Ikea - Markus (Returned)
Ikea - Jarvfallet (only 2 good days, with brother now)
Ikea - Hattefjall (Current and Suffering)

Considering
Ikea - Lidkullen (Sit-Stand)

Tried in Shops (Many times, countless hours)
Ikea - Flintan
Ikea - Renberget
Ikea - Nilserik (Sit-Stand)
Ikea - Trollberget (Sit-Stand)
Ikea - Benches or Those wooden similar D&T chairs in schools
Fully Meshed Chair (Random office place)
Bungee Corded Chair

Other Form Factors
Exercise Ball
Office Chair (Random)
Ikea - Marius
Ikea - Poang Footstool
Ikea - Lack Side Table With Cushion or Sofa Seat

Supporting Accessories
BackJoy
Back or Lumbar Cushions
Pillows (Soft and Thick)
Doughnut Float

Classic
Stand

illumnae 19-06-2020 10:28 AM

Does anyone know if xtra confirmed open from today onwards? Thinking of dropping by to try the Aereon and Eames over the weekend since Steelcase not open and Haworth closed on weekends

Attila 19-06-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 127855639)
Does anyone know if xtra confirmed open from today onwards? Thinking of dropping by to try the Aereon and Eames over the weekend since Steelcase not open and Haworth closed on weekends

yes, they are open
Operating Hours
Sun Thurs: 11am 8pm
Fri Sat: 11am 9pm

bleachberu 19-06-2020 10:43 AM

pretty cool design but not sure how comfy...

https://store.flokk.com/global/en-gb...TD&code=02AZ62

Jason.OnEarth 19-06-2020 11:12 AM

FLINTAN / NOMINELL Is pretty good support for 1-2 hours at an affordable cost of $119

I have been using one for years since 2010

ceedric.90 19-06-2020 11:30 AM

looks good