www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

yau_chee 11-05-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apathetica (Post 107949314)
Have an Ergohuman from Apres Marketing. Castor wheels are worn out. I cant contact Apres Marketing anymore for support. Any ideas how to replace those wheels?

Also have a Secretlab Stealth. It's a terrible chair. Pure marketing hype.

I'm remember ergohuman using 65mm wheels which is hard to find locally unless u buy from Taobao. If u don't mind changing to smaller caster wheel of 55mm, u can buy from Qoo10 for around $10.

testerjp 11-05-2017 05:56 PM

Ergonomic Chair ==> Herman Miller

There's no such thing as "Gaming chair", it doesn't improve your game nor it has the ergonomics to improve your back.

In fact, the chair traps heat and won't be good for your posture as your body fidget to release heat from those warm spots.

Those artificial foam may release formaldehyde.
The support might be at the wrong spot or depth and hurt your back even more. :o

yaqin123 11-05-2017 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 107950216)

There's no such thing as "Gaming chair", it doesn't improve your game nor it has the ergonomics to improve your back.

In fact, the chair traps heat and won't be good for your posture as your body fidget to release heat from those warm spots.

The support might be at the wrong spot or depth and hurt your back even more. :o

thanks for the advice.
any recommendations for a cheaper option of ergonomic chair? i dont think i can afford a herman miller. like $300 or less

apathetica 11-05-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Second this.

Will be looking to dispose of my secretlab.

stylechap 11-05-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apathetica (Post 107951949)
Second this.

Will be looking to dispose of my secretlab.

Lol..what does it made you regard it as a terrible chair?
Good to have a real review than sponsored marketing review that's always one sided

koroshiya8 11-05-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

have to say i agree with you on this, even though i'm having DX Racer chair for the 2nd time.. in fact my neck pains when i sit on it long playing BF1.. end up i am still using normal chair bought from this forum at $200++ and after a few years it's as comfortable as ever.. The DXracer is more for eye candy or serve as a complete 'gaming package' more than anything else :s13:

yau_chee 11-05-2017 07:51 PM

Don't understand why people like car bucket seat lookalike office chair so much..It's very uncomfortable if u sit in a real car bucket seat for hours. They're design to restrict body movement and not ergonomic comfortable for long hours seating.

apathetica 11-05-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stylechap (Post 107952034)
Lol..what does it made you regard it as a terrible chair?
Good to have a real review than sponsored marketing review that's always one sided

Firstly, this is my personal experience, ok?

I bought ergonhuman about 3 years ago.
It was getting old and dirty. It traps dust and stuff in those mesh and under the seat. I'm very lazy to vacuum it so it acummulated dirt. The rubber of the wheels are disintegrating, peeling. The neck support is too high. At first the mesh was a little "sharp" cause i wear shorts mah. So hamstring not very comfy. Now it doesn't feel so bad after a few years of use. Perhaps the mesh has softened. Anyway it is pretty cool and had good back and lumbar support. The neck support sucks cause its too high for me. So i decided it's time to get a new chair.

Stealth, as testerjp mentioned it traps heat, poor lumbar and neck support. I mean, cushions for back and neck, really? I paid $550 after delivery and install. After awhile it feels hot, my hamstring and back began to sweat, posture doesn't feel right, cushion feels hard and I find I was movIng about to find comfort .

All that marketing simi the best chair toy ever need or have..sheesh.

stylechap 11-05-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apathetica (Post 107952681)

It was getting old and dirty. It traps dust and stuff in those mesh and under the seat. I'm very lazy to vacuum it so it acummulated dirt. The rubber of the wheels are disintegrating, peeling. The neck support is too high. At first the mesh was a little "sharp" cause i wear shorts mah. So hamstring not very comfy. Now it doesn't feel so bad after a few years of use. Perhaps the mesh has softened. Anyway it is pretty cool and had good back and lumbar support. The neck support sucks cause its too high for me. So i decided it's time to get a new chair.

Stealth, as testerjp mentioned it traps heat, poor lumbar and neck support. I mean, cushions for back and neck, really? I paid $550 after delivery and install. After awhile it feels hot, my hamstring and back began to sweat, posture doesn't feel right, cushion feels hard and I find I was movIng about to find comfort .

Thanks for the opinion haha.
Actually when I try out the secretlab chair during exhibition, I do feel slight heat at my thigh area even though I'm wearing above knee-level shorts and it is well air-conditioned.
I think heat is one of the main consideration for users in tropical country. If you were to ask those "reviewers" about the heat issue, they will beat around the bush and say everyone have different heat threshold, they only game in aircon room or with fan etc, then tell you to go down and try it yourself.
I thought it is pure nonsense from them :s13:

yau_chee 11-05-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Do u know u can order a shorter neck support bar and custom made chair cover for ergohuman mesh chair from Taobao :)

yaqin123 11-05-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

This is actually a very nice review, thanks. been looking for a good chair.. since ive been sitting on a wooden kitchen chair for the past 3 years and its getting more and more painful.

apathetica 11-05-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yau_chee (Post 107953082)
Do u know u can order a shorter neck support bar and custom made chair cover for ergohuman mesh chair from Taobao :)

Really? Could you sic links please? I would like see how it works.

apathetica 11-05-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaqin123 (Post 107953141)
This is actually a very nice review, thanks. been looking for a good chair.. since ive been sitting on a wooden kitchen chair for the past 3 years and its getting more and more painful.

I was ranting abit :)
The chair may still work for others. But unfortunately it didn't for me.

DriftKing 11-05-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Any lobang/choice for a headrest for my Aeron?

testerjp 11-05-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaqin123 (Post 107950490)
thanks for the advice.
any recommendations for a cheaper option of ergonomic chair? i dont think i can afford a herman miller. like $300 or less

I advise you to save up for a good and proper chair than keep buying a $300 chair that barely works and only last a few years. Don't work still nevermind, scare the chair makes your posture worse.

My Herman Miller, already last 10+ years and is still like new. Their chairs were among the first to be designed together with orthopaedics and drs. It was my Ortho who recommended Herman Miller chairs.

You are buying for your back, not just for sitting. You may not have back issues now but if you keep sitting with a poor posture for a long time or sit in a lousy chair that makes your posture worse, the disc will eventually misalign. Your back muscles will not grow proportionally and further worsen the posture in all position- Sit/Stand/Sleep.

Anytime, the disc will give way and it's permanent, staying with you for life and you will have a lifelong of aches and restriction in movement. Example: Cannot lift your leg up, you will move like a granny.
It will only get worse and worse and it's very hard to reverse back.

When I had my slipped disc, I though my muscles were torn. At night wanna go toilet from bed, the pain was so scary until I had to roll down the bed then slowly pull myself up. From stand to bed position, stare at the bed for 5 mins also don't dare to go down, cause really hurt like crazy. MRI then show that I have slipped disc from L4 to S1 due to poor posture. The strong painkiller is bad for kidney or stomach, so you won't want to depend on it

Then you will know that paying S$1k more for the chair is better than paying S$10k for medical checks, pain reliefs, and remedies.

The HM gave me the most improvement and relief, now almost fully recovered but will still recur if sit on crappy chairs for some time.

I also have Steelcase's think chair and have tried many brands at the showroom, Herman Miller is clearly better.