www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

testerjp 12-05-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Op_Valkyrie (Post 107969964)
I can confirm not all sold are made in china over here...

I don meant just caster, that's the norm... have u try ur arm rest, seating pad, posturefit pad etc also... u sure unwanted all these parts can replace without issue?

It's their sales who told me that the Aerons are no longer made in USA. I rather pay something lesser for something made in USA than something more for something made in China.

The local distributor not really very well known for their aftersales one leh.

My office chairs are from the MO and still solid. :o

testerjp 12-05-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie (Post 107968543)
MIC and MIU difference a lot ma?

was following this thread and got interested to get one lol.

Of course have la. I deal with heavy machinery.
I ever seen before stainless steel that corrode upon reaching SG.

The only reason why it's outsourced to China is of course to cut cost.
In my industry, the metal from China and metal from Europe already a lot of difference.

Assembly by a PRC and AMDK also a big difference
PRC mentality tend to be good enough is enough. :o

Op_Valkyrie 12-05-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 107970177)
It's their sales who told me that the Aerons are no longer made in USA. I rather pay something lesser for something made in USA than something more for something made in China.

The local distributor not really very well known for their aftersales one leh.

My office chairs are from the MO and still solid. :o

Not sure where u heard about their after local distro support... but my friends and I have good things to say about them...

Solid is one thing... u check on ur seating pad or posturefit pad... they will degrade over time... since it's sponge material...

Maybe u can tell me whose the sales person u spoken to... will contact them to verify their claims.

testerjp 12-05-2017 05:18 PM

I walked in and asked bro. :o

https://www.facebook.com/pg/XTRADESIGNS/reviews/

Anyway with the savings, I can use that to offset a number of repairs if it's even needed i guess. :o

koroshiya8 12-05-2017 05:26 PM

Wah I see the review I have 2nd thoughts.lol.. not going to throw $2k and get this kind of service.

Maximus_XXVIII 12-05-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroshiya8 (Post 107970176)
After reading some testimonies here i'm starting to be convinced that it's worth paying that price, although for now i'm lucky not to have back problems (yet).

Is there a showroom where i can try out the chair ?

Better protect your back, slipped disc no joke. Wake up from bed also got problem.

I went Xtra to test the various sizes

Op_Valkyrie 12-05-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 107970625)
I walked in and asked bro. :o

https://www.facebook.com/pg/XTRADESIGNS/reviews/

Anyway with the savings, I can use that to offset a number of repairs if it's even needed i guess. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroshiya8 (Post 107970795)
Wah I see the review I have 2nd thoughts.lol.. not going to throw $2k and get this kind of service.

Did u guys even read the reviews? I don see any post sales complains pertaining aeron or HM products... :s11:

Op_Valkyrie 12-05-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus_XXVIII (Post 107970896)
Better protect your back, slipped disc no joke. Wake up from bed also got problem.

Ya size important for aeron... rest of their chair is compatible for all sizes... gd point

testerjp 12-05-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus_XXVIII (Post 107970896)

Actually I like the Embody more because it has a layer of fabric over the spring, feel nicer for the skin. I use the Embody at home, Aeron in the office.

Aeron with the headrest can sleep though. :o

balston_pig 12-05-2017 08:19 PM

Any recommendation for chair at $300 budget?

thechew 14-05-2017 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 107971118)
Actually I like the Embody more because it has a layer of fabric over the spring, feel nicer for the skin. I use the Embody at home, Aeron in the office.

Aeron with the headrest can sleep though. :o

hey man, I am thinking of getting the embody to use at home. I have sat in an embody before and it is amazing. however, my room doesn't have aircon, only fan.

do you find your legs or backs heating up due to the fabric? aeron is all mesh so air flows through. and also, how do you clean the fabric?

testerjp 14-05-2017 05:19 PM

The embody is not really a dense piece of cushion that can trap heat within.

It's like a thin piece of fabric on top of some recoil support system. It's not airy but heat won't get to trap much. I use at home with air con on dry mode set to 27 degrees with a wall fan circulating around the room.

I only vacuumed the chair and my maid used some fabric cleaning spray before. I scare color may run if it's too strong so asked her to don't do that much.

thechew 14-05-2017 06:44 PM

how long have you had your embody? anyone else here owns one?
glad to know it does not really trap heat

testerjp 14-05-2017 06:58 PM

I think 5 yrs plus.

tomicaguy 28-05-2017 09:18 PM

Got ergo office chairs, around budget 1k? Or die die I have up to 1.6K for HM.

Not interesting in "gaming" chairs. Pure BS.