www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

AhhHoNG 19-07-2020 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 128561830)
You know I know can already :)

u sibei bo liao but its ok u happy can liao :o

textshitpost 19-07-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleberry (Post 128551592)
There's a new aeron selling at $800 shopee. Reliable? Feels scammy?

oh yeah for sure, u type anything on shopee chat they will reply with bot message saying serious buyers contact them on whtsapp, then they will ask for bank transfer for deposit, they will not allow u to do meetup/selfcollect, and will constantly waste ure time saying ok fine no deposit needed then day of delivery will say sorry need deposit, u order on shopee they will say we only do bank transfer, ure wasting our time(which is why u always see 0sold)

they hv made 2/3 accs on shopee now they either get banned or marked as suspesious, always with a different address, and with the same AFFORDABLE LIMITED name which is the name of the bank acc they want u to transfer to

I knew something was up when they were ready to confirm my order(and then proceed to ask for banktransfer) on whtsapp without evn asking wht color/size aeron I wanted

CeSaRiO 19-07-2020 01:21 AM

After a good 3 hours nap, time to post some review and comments on the chairs.

Summary
I'm quite new to the getting an Ergonomic chairs scene and have always wondered why should i pay an exorbitant amount of money on chairs. I mean, it's like almost paying for a brand new set of desktop man. Money could have been well-spent elsewhere. However, during CB period, after working long hours (9am to 9pm usually and sometimes till midnight) at my own desk (i was using a taobao table and a cheap 75 dollar computer chair), i started to feel the strain on my lower back. When i started running, my lower back will ache badly, preventing me from running. The chair im using is starting to feel uncomfortable and my tailbone hurts. Eventually, i bought a gel-based seat cooler to help me with both comfort and heat.

In June, situation wasn't improving and this chair issue started affecting my work. A friend of mine asked if i should change both my desk and chair, so that it will help me relieve some of my pain. Eventually, i got myself an Omnidesk Pro 2020 (partly because i bought that Xiaomi 34 inch monitor lah. And the taobao desk cannot mount the monitor arm due to the design) and he recommended me to visit Tradesk. Tradesk is in Yishun and it is very convenient for me to head down to try.

Couple of weeks back, i head down to Tradesk to meet Larry, the boss of Tradesk, to run through some of the chairs. His company doesnt deal with chairs as their main business as the bulk of his business comes from selling to companies and huge conglomerates. Selling to consumer like us is just kinda like pocket change. However, what i do like about him is that he is sincere and humble.

Before he spoke about chairs, he first educate me on seating postures and the whys we are seated like this. As we age (i'm 33 this year by the way), degeneration is starting to surface on our body and eventually, we do not want to spend huge amount of money at a Chiropracter, trying to correct our posture. For him, it's all about knowledge on how we can recover our body, our seating posture as well as eventually, which chair is suitable to correct our postures. Presently, i work in the sales line, and if i do smell a salesman talk, i'll just walk out.

The first chair he introduced was Herman Miller Aeron. Using this chair, he taught me what is the right seating posture as well as the forward seating posture, which was what i like. I kinda felt that Aeron was a little too stiff but it did help me sit, activating my core (the abs portion). Once i started getting used to chairs and what are the key things to look out for, i proceed to try a few of then.

Haworth Zody
https://www.haworth.com/content/dam/...ep-haworth.jpg

I understand that Zody has been widely popular as this chair has been around for some time. Zody is pretty cheap (from my understanding, this is below 400 bucks), it is a cushion chair. Eventually after long hours, your buttock will feel the discomfort.

Pros:
1. I like the forward tilting function. This function allows me to sit forward and stay a little more focus at work.
2. The sink-in feel. When i sit in, the cushion positions myself in the centre of the seat. Very hugging feel like your wife hugs you from your back.
3. The lean back function. Not stiff

Cons:
1. Cushion based seat. One thing about me is that when im home, i dont switch on the aircon 24/7/365. Probably 1-2 hours during daytime when im working and 3 hours during the night. Bulk of my time, the fan will be switched on. You will start to feel the heat after a while and this will distract you from work. Comfort is there but the heat will eventually kill you.
2. No recline lock. This is a no-go for me primarily because if i want to work, then sitting straight is important. You cant be always sitting forward when working from home.

Humanscale Liberty
https://www.humanscale.com/userFiles..._liberty_1.jpg

This chair does feel a little like Aeron, just that the backrest has this tilty function with a clicky sound. However, when you lean back, the base of the backrest will push your lower back forward, and eventually, you'll gonna keep shifting yourself in to sit properly.

Ergohuman Enjoy Basic
https://www.ergohuman.net/media/cata...ce-chair_3.jpg
https://www.ergohuman.net/media/cata...adrest_4_1.jpg

True to its name, this chair is indeed very enjoyable. A cotton mesh chair, you can instantly feel the airy-ness of the chair and the sinking-in comfort. Im pretty sure it is very easy to clean as well but you'll probably have to clean often because, if you're working from home, eventually you'll sweat without the air-con.

Pros
1. Cotton Mesh
2. No heat discomfort after long hours
3. Very hugging feel
4. Recline lock function. You can toggle between locking it (to work straight with decent back support), and recline back when you want to take a break at work. One thing i like about Enjoy Basic is that there is this push-pull function on the right to activate the locking mechanism.
5. Comes with a head-rest option
6. Decent backrest support (supports my 2 upper back well. Can feel one)

Cons:
1. No lower back support.
2. No forward sitting functionality (if i remember correctly)

Honestly, as a basic chair under 350 SGD, i personally felt this is a no-brainer. However, if you're looking beyond comfort, then this might not be able to serve that purpose.

Ergohuman Classic V2
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...g?v=1572577228
https://ergohuman.com.au/wp-content/.../EHS-LAM-1.jpg

This chair hits me like a bus when i first sat on it. More importantly, it's 100% mesh. Best!

Instantly, you can feel that lower back support and it relieves you from the pain on the lower back. To be honest, i almost walked away with this chair and i start to understand the reason why this chair is so popular. The headrest function is good and this chair is fully-mesh, even better! However, Larry added that this chair itself is like an ultimate comfort chair and that's about it. It's not multi-functional, no front-recline.

Pros:
1. Ultra comfortable. Fit u like a baby
2. Fully meshed
3. Lower back rest support (if your lower back always painful need comfort, this one is your best comfort chair)
4. Lumber support.
5. Adjustable backrest
6. Adjustable headrest.
7. 1 lever control.
8. 3D armrest
9. Wide seatbase (good for big buttocks)
10: Ergonomic Seat Base (Synchro tilt moves when in recline, waterfall edge relieves pressure on inner thigh and adjustable depth to correctly position back from backrest.)

Cons:
1. Not multi-functional (between front seating)

Comfort Gendidia
http://www.comfort.global/uploads/im...ingleframe.gif

Comfort Genidia is probably the best I've ever come across. This chair is well-designed covering:
-Multi-directional headrest
-Spinal Flex support with 3D Matrix technology
-Five point back height adjustment
-Lumbar tracking system
-multi-dimensional height, angle & depth armrest adjustments
-Intuitive single level control mechanism
-Single-finger tension control
-Seat depth and tilt system
-Optional posture warning device

It comes with:
- adjustable headrest (height and depth)
- adjustable backrest (height and tilt (or recline))
- adjustable seat height (for forward seating)
- adjustable seat slide (from the front for longer thighs)
- 4D adjustable armrest (height, angle, width, depth)

One of the key issues with Genidia is that it's not fully meshed. The backrest is mesh but the seat isn't. However, I've been sitting on the chair for 4 hours and till now, I've not felt the heat on the chair. I'm not sure about the material used but it is quite out-of-the-world.

For more info you can refer to the brochure here.

Honestly, i'm a pursuer of value-purchase and don't enjoy paying more for a chair. If i can find cheaper, I would get the cheapest one. I'm not trying to promote Tradesk, but the information provided to first time purchaser like me is invaluable. Aside from educating first-timer like me on what to look out for in a chair, allowing us to experience different chairs, understanding their pros and cons to subsequently make an informed decision, this is probably what i valued the most. Save me the hassle of running different areas to try different chairs and getting smoked by salesmen to buy their chairs.

if you're a first timer, do give Tradesk a shot, understand what you're looking out for. If you're an existing ergonomic chair user and wants to have a feel what are the options, do check it out with him and see where you stand. End of the day, we want what is the best for ourselves.

Choosing Genidia over Classic V2 was purely because i want to correct my posture and avoid a detrimental scenario where i have to constantly fixed my back incurred during my 30s. Classic V2 is shiok-die but for the long-term perspective, i ended up going for Genidia.

Thanks for reading my wall of text! :s12:

AhhHoNG 19-07-2020 01:28 AM

I tink i am the only 1 who dint like the forward tilting posture he recommended. it feels weird n uncomfortable to me and not beneficial to me. Heng tis let me save few hundreds of dollars :s13:

CeSaRiO 19-07-2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AhhHoNG (Post 128562144)
I tink i am the only 1 who dint like the forward tilting posture he recommended. it feels weird n uncomfortable to me and not beneficial to me. Heng tis let me save few hundreds of dollars :s13:

I think it depends on what kind of seater are you. Like normally in office, i tend to forward tilt so that i can focus better in doing my emails on the laptop.. :s13:

I tried several chairs and very feel chairs forward-tilt is a little more obvious :s13:

LaChouette 19-07-2020 02:14 AM

Nice, very well written paid review :s13: Lets just be honest, everyone can tell lol

CeSaRiO 19-07-2020 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 128562454)
Nice, very well written paid review :s13: Lets just be honest, everyone can tell lol

Paid review? Nah. I had headaches reading this thread as the reviews aren't that consolidated. And each of us have our preferences in chairs catered to our needs.

AhhHoNG 19-07-2020 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 128562502)
Paid review? Nah. I had headaches reading this thread as the reviews aren't that consolidated. And each of us have our preferences in chairs catered to our needs.

bro i am suppose to be the boss leh. according to him it will be me that i paid u. u gt receive the money i transferred u?

CeSaRiO 19-07-2020 02:42 AM

hahahaha dont anyhow lah boss. I scared some people here cannot take joke :s13:

AhhHoNG 19-07-2020 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 128562609)
hahahaha dont anyhow lah boss. I scared some people here cannot take joke :s13:

:s13: some joker made a joke i continue the joke only. If cannot sense sarcasm then i bo wei gong

LaChouette 19-07-2020 02:47 AM

Moderator close one eye, donít take it too far la hor? Do things must have limit. Real or fake referral and reviews, everyone can tell, donít treat us here like idiots.

Noticed how acer23 whom I exposed as the shopee seller audiosg, disappeared from this thread entirely? :)

AhhHoNG 19-07-2020 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 128562630)
Moderator close one eye, don’t take it too far la hor? Do things must have limit. Real or fake referral and reviews, everyone can tell, don’t treat us here like idiots.

Noticed how acer23 whom I exposed as the shopee seller audiosg, disappeared from this thread entirely? :)

Dont joke la hor. U wan make any allegations at least do some CSI work and search my first few post in this thread and how i chance upon tis thread. Does my join date n post counts looks like a clone to you. If i rly wanted to advertise i no need hide details.

Some of us took the initiative to share and use personal time to type out reviews to help chair seekers have an easier time n alternatives to decide but give u this kind unappreciative siao lang point fingers. Why are you so salty? Your whole life eat too much salt ah. A simple search revealed u had track record of being an eyesore to some members here. Will end this topic here.

If u wan i can challenge u to take it outside tis thread and pm me and expose me i see how well you do. Pls pm me n not stain this thread thank you

LaChouette 19-07-2020 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AhhHoNG (Post 128562673)
Dont joke la hor. U wan make any allegations at least do some CSI work and search my first few post in this thread and how i chance upon tis thread. Does my join date n post counts looks like a clone to you. If i rly wanted to advertise i no need hide details.

Some of us took the initiative to share and use personal time to type out reviews to help chair seeks have a easier time n alternatives to decide but give u this kind unappreciative siao lang point fingers. Why are you so salty? Your whole life eat too much salt ah. A simple search revealed u had track record of being an eyesore to some members here. Will end this topic here

Donít need to be a clone to take referral fees and commissions :) Also, if im not capable of doing csi, acer23ís disappearance wouldnít have happened :) FYI his account isnít a clone either.

Oh really you want the challenge? Be careful of what you wished for. How bout a quote from your pm

ď.... contact the boss Larry at XXXXXXXX. .... let him know XXX Hong referred online.Ē

Rock_Lobster 19-07-2020 03:27 AM

For budget 300-400$ chair, IKEA is probably still the go to right? Any others yall will recommend?

CeSaRiO 19-07-2020 03:30 AM

To be honest, I don't really care if i get banned? I'm just sharing the perspective I see in chairs.

I do appreciate people who kindly share their knowledge and experiences which will value-add to my choices in life. In this instance, the chair i purchased.

Like I've said earlier, I have zero ideas about chairs and being able to experience different brands and chairs, provides me with a fair perspective of what different brands can offer.

Lastly, if my post is deviates from what Hardwarezone's moderators point of view, I'll be glad to have a separate chat to have this sorted. I'm not scared, but I'm sure my conscience of trying to relay the proper and fair information to the members here is genuine.

Feel free to PM me to question any doubts you have. Thank you!