www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

aardlak 20-07-2020 10:56 AM

can't decide ergohuman classic @938 on lazada or benel aeria $495 + 35 delivery.. any tips if the ergohuman is worth the premium?

supersnail0 20-07-2020 10:58 AM

go big or go home LOL SECRETLAB

illumnae 20-07-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 128584134)
I've not tried v1 before so I'm not sure about the difference. :s13:

I did some research and apparently Classic is a discontinued model in the UK since 2010. It is a more basic model than the Elite/Elite Plus (Elite = Elite Plus). In the US, V2 is an upgraded model from V1 where they don't have the Classic/Elite/Luxury split. In today's terms, the V2 is a mix between the features of the Elite and the Luxury. Officially there's no such thing as a Classic V2, just Elite/Luxury (Plus) in the UK and V1/V2 in the US.

Information obtained from this faq: https://www.ergohuman.net/chairs-and-other-faq/

So based on the faq, I can top up and get the Luxury model and get the comfort of the ergohuman with the option of the forward tilt mechanism - best of both worlds. It'll be slightly under half the price of the Areon from Xtra but with the added comfort of the ergohuman plus the headrest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila (Post 128584475)
i suffer from slipped disc too.
i had the ergohuman v1 for many yrs and using aeron remastered now.
ergohuman lumbar support is very pronounce compared to aeron but that doesn't mean aeron is losing out in this aspect.
comfort wise ergohuman mesh is softer and more comfortable but could not survive my cat claw =[
i tend to slouch more on ergohuman. aeron force me to sit in the correct posture and the lumbar support really help my back a lot.

just like mattress, few min of testing won't tell you how well it suit you. you have to sit down for hours in order to know which chair is better for you.

i strongly recommend aeron if you have slipped disc or back injuries like me.

ps: i have not tried ergohuman v2. maybe this week i will go down and find "ah hong" to try it out. :D

Sorry I didn't mean to say the Areon was worse than the ergohuman in any way. I meant my personal preference and opinion after an admittedly short test on each of them. I only tested the Areon for maybe 30min at Xtra and another 15-20min at Tradesk, and Ergohuman for about 20min at Courts and another 20-30min at Tradesk. Probably not long enough to give a long term assessment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 128585051)
I wasn't really a fan of the Ergohuman when I tried it, didn't really like the support. Not comfortable for me. Really liked Leap but damn it's so warm to sit on.

Different preferences based on individual :) I tried the Zody and did not enjoy it as much. Also tried the Nefil which looks to have the same sort of lumbar support as the Leap and the same as the Genedia but I did not like it as much as the Ergohuman and Areon. I found this adjustable plastic type of lumbar support too harsh and narrow as it feels like just one bar pushing against my back compared to the Ergohuman and Areon where the support feels more spread out and gentle despite being pronounced. Both equally gentle yet supportive, but Ergohuman more pronounced than Areon. Sorry my English may not be good enough to describe what I'm thinking.

All in all I think Ergohuman and Areon probably suit my body type and preferences more, just individual opinion. I fully agree with all previous recommendations that you really need to try for yourself to decide what you like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 128585177)
I'll probably post a review of Genidia end of this week after sitting on it during daytime for work (without Aircon) for 5 days.

Honestly, in my heart I still wanna own a Classic V2.. :s13:

You already bought yours so be happy with your purchase :) I heard you tried the various options for very long before deciding so I'm sure the choice you made was the best choice for you. I'm slightly older than you and my slipped discs occurred when I was just 17 after a very bad fall, so maybe I think more like old ppl... just go for the most comfortable since my back can't be fixed. I may try out and end up getting ergohuman luxury to try and get the best of both worlds - engage forward tilt when I'm typing long hours and disengage when I'm on conference calls.

finale1 20-07-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aardlak (Post 128586579)
can't decide ergohuman classic @938 on lazada or benel aeria $495 + 35 delivery.. any tips if the ergohuman is worth the premium?

Ergohuman Classic is only $730 =)

CeSaRiO 20-07-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

More importantly, have you tried the chairs before buying?

Swiftbladez 20-07-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 128587090)
More importantly, have you tried the chairs before buying?

"most" importantly hahahaha.

illumnae 20-07-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

If it's the classic you want, get in touch with Tradesk. They have it at $730 with headrest. If you don't need the extra lumbar support can even try the Nefil at $630. They also have Enjoy and refurbished Zody even cheaper - I didn't check the price of those as I wasn't considering them for my own use.

I say first ah, I may not even get mine from Tradesk as I'm eyeing the Luxury model so don't say I am ahhhong or that I got paid to recommend hor :s8:

(Sigh, so boliao that nowadays need to make this type of disclaimer when recommending things in this thread)

CeSaRiO 20-07-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 128587061)
I did some research and apparently Classic is a discontinued model in the UK since 2010. It is a more basic model than the Elite/Elite Plus (Elite = Elite Plus). In the US, V2 is an upgraded model from V1 where they don't have the Classic/Elite/Luxury split. In today's terms, the V2 is a mix between the features of the Elite and the Luxury. Officially there's no such thing as a Classic V2, just Elite/Luxury (Plus) in the UK and V1/V2 in the US.

Information obtained from this faq: https://www.ergohuman.net/chairs-and-other-faq/

So based on the faq, I can top up and get the Luxury model and get the comfort of the ergohuman with the option of the forward tilt mechanism - best of both worlds. It'll be slightly under half the price of the Areon from Xtra but with the added comfort of the ergohuman plus the headrest.

Sorry I didn't mean to say the Areon was worse than the ergohuman in any way. I meant my personal preference and opinion after an admittedly short test on each of them. I only tested the Areon for maybe 30min at Xtra and another 15-20min at Tradesk, and Ergohuman for about 20min at Courts and another 20-30min at Tradesk. Probably not long enough to give a long term assessment.

Different preferences based on individual :) I tried the Zody and did not enjoy it as much. Also tried the Nefil which looks to have the same sort of lumbar support as the Leap and the same as the Genedia but I did not like it as much as the Ergohuman and Areon. I found this adjustable plastic type of lumbar support too harsh and narrow as it feels like just one bar pushing against my back compared to the Ergohuman and Areon where the support feels more spread out and gentle despite being pronounced. Both equally gentle yet supportive, but Ergohuman more pronounced than Areon. Sorry my English may not be good enough to describe what I'm thinking.

All in all I think Ergohuman and Areon probably suit my body type and preferences more, just individual opinion. I fully agree with all previous recommendations that you really need to try for yourself to decide what you like.

You already bought yours so be happy with your purchase :) I heard you tried the various options for very long before deciding so I'm sure the choice you made was the best choice for you. I'm slightly older than you and my slipped discs occurred when I was just 17 after a very bad fall, so maybe I think more like old ppl... just go for the most comfortable since my back can't be fixed. I may try out and end up getting ergohuman luxury to try and get the best of both worlds - engage forward tilt when I'm typing long hours and disengage when I'm on conference calls.

Hey bro, good info man! :s12:

I agree with your decision because if I were you and I have to live with slipdisk with my whole life, might as well get the best for my situation: comfort and forward tilting for work.

In fact I've always been sitting in a forward tilting position for Genidia as I can sit straight while doing work.

I'm very happy with my purchase. The wide seat base (my buttock quite small for a 76kg man cos I top heavy), gives a sense of security when I'm on it. :s13:

Like a small woman with a muscular big boyfriend with kind heart. :s34:

CeSaRiO 20-07-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftbladez (Post 128587147)
"most" importantly hahahaha.

you caught me. :s34:

Istayatdakota 20-07-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 128586505)
eh... The s8 is practically the s7 upgraded... And in red colour.. The grey colour look so similar.. Btw, they also have the s7 (original or oem) I don't know..

S7 or S8 the price also the same :s22:

CeSaRiO 20-07-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hg2 (Post 128584384)
good lobang!

first look HM red cosm look alikes, at a fraction of the price!
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...d=612255345017

Ergo look alikes ? S8 https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...d=612740447529

May consider a saddle to go along with HAT
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...12289921669%7D

Actually i really want to know how is this compared to Ergohuman sia. The seat base looks quite like quite low quality mechanism.

From the looks of it, it seems very trendy and comfortable. But not much reviews on this.

I wondered if any bros here bite the bullet and bought this. :s13:

hardwaregone 20-07-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacificstorm (Post 128586360)
The red cosm looks interesting, please sic review if you get it

The function quite basic, only up-down and back tilt.

No forward tilt, depth adjustment, etc found in higher end ergo chairs.
Not cheap lydat. :(

yojunhao 20-07-2020 11:41 AM

For Ergohuman. what is the difference between Elite and Luxury mesh?

CeSaRiO 20-07-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yojunhao (Post 128587557)
For Ergohuman. what is the difference between Elite and Luxury mesh?

Illumnae bro shared above (this page) some differences which might provide u some insights on the differences. :s12:

pacificstorm 20-07-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwaregone (Post 128587514)
The function quite basic, only up-down and back tilt.

No forward tilt, depth adjustment, etc found in higher end ergo chairs.
Not cheap lydat. :(

Wa actually right, my Aeron came in default and I never needed any adjustments, only thing I did was to adjust the arm rest a small bit higher. The back support I tried to make it tighter and looser not much difference. Never needed back tilt or front tilt. Locked it in the normal position as I find it most comfortable. Short legs so I only needed it at the lowest height too. Hahahaha

Anyway not cheap, but a better aesthetic and look like a better alternative to SL as a gaming chair look bright red colour?? No money to buy also liao