www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

illumnae 21-07-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila (Post 128618354)
can share the price here? dont worry, 99% of us here won't call u a "paid" reviewer

The Ergohuman was $998 and the Enjoy Deluxe was $494. Managed to negotiate a 10% discount overall and free colour change for the 2 Ergohumans since I bought 3 pieces (normally they charge $50 to change colour). So total I paid for all 3 chairs was $2232. Cheaper than 1 Areon from Xtra.

The Project was $699. Didn't ask Genidia price as I did not like it.

Tradesk V2 probably still a better deal overall if it has all the features you need, and Larry is really a great guy, but like I stated in my initial post I'm more comfortable buying from authorized distributor la, so I went with Atwood.

CeSaRiO 21-07-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 128617933)
I was at Atwood today and it was a pretty good experience overall. They had the Ergohuman Classic and Elite to test, but no Luxury. They also had the Genidia which I tried and confirmed that I did not like. They also had another model called Project which is very similar to the Ergohuman but slightly less settings to adjust. However it has the most important lumbar support so it's about as comfortable as the Ergohuman. It also has a cool feature where the tilt tension is automatically adjusted based on your weight - I tested it and found it accurate. It's $300 cheaper than the Ergohuman Elite so if you don't mind giving up abit of customization to save some money and retain the good comfort and lumbar support, you can consider it.

I ended up buying 2 Ergohuman Elite for myself and 1 Enjoy Deluxe for my wife. Delivery in September due to choosing custom colour for the mesh.

Bro im glad you've found a chair that you like! :s12:

illumnae 21-07-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 128618560)
Haha.. At first I tot he very bbfa buy 2 ergo elite.. Maybe for different place/ room lo.. Thanks for sharing that u found genidia not suitable.. I tot it was quite accommodating to all body types from the review few posts back.. Oh well

Actually it's true I'm really very buibui... but not forever alone la since I'm married. Bought 2 Ergohuman Elite is for 2 different rooms so you're also right about that.

It's very important to try for yourself what you like as different people have different bodies and also different preferences so there's no 1 best answer. For example, my wife also hated the Genidia...but she also hated the Ergohuman. She loved the Nefil which I hate, and also loved the Enjoy which I found so so. We both like the Areon very much too.

In my view the chair that would actually accommodate the most body types and would be loved by the most people would still be the Areon. There's a reason that it has reached legendary status worldwide and can still regularly go out of stock despite its premium price.

illumnae 21-07-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 128618775)
Bro im glad you've found a chair that you like! :s12:

Thanks bro! I was quite settled on getting the Ergohuman after I tried it out in Courts, but after your glowing review of the Genidia I just had to try it out first to get rid of the slight doubt in my mind. Just nice Atwood had one for me to try so since I cleared my doubts, and the Atwood discount was not bad I just went ahead and made my purchase. My wife also told me not to bother with the forward tilt function (Ergohuman Luxury has the function for $300 more). She said buy already confirm won't use it anyway so don't waste money just to feel good :s13: she knows me best hahaha

wert 21-07-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 128618811)
Actually it's true I'm really very buibui... but not forever alone la since I'm married. Bought 2 Ergohuman Elite is for 2 different rooms so you're also right about that.

It's very important to try for yourself what you like as different people have different bodies and also different preferences so there's no 1 best answer. For example, my wife also hated the Genidia...but she also hated the Ergohuman. She loved the Nefil which I hate, and also loved the Enjoy which I found so so. We both like the Areon very much too.

In my view the chair that would actually accommodate the most body types and would be loved by the most people would still be the Areon. There's a reason that it has reached legendary status worldwide and can still regularly go out of stock despite its premium price.

May I ask what's the differences between Ergohuman Elite and V2? Is it just the leg stand or something else? The physical structure and mesh is the same, right?

ksksksks 21-07-2020 10:52 PM

Where can I try the herman Miller in sg?

Charlie_Zhan 21-07-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksksksks (Post 128619603)
Where can I try the herman Miller in sg?

xtraxtraxtraxtraxtraxtra

CeSaRiO 21-07-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 128618905)
Thanks bro! I was quite settled on getting the Ergohuman after I tried it out in Courts, but after your glowing review of the Genidia I just had to try it out first to get rid of the slight doubt in my mind. Just nice Atwood had one for me to try so since I cleared my doubts, and the Atwood discount was not bad I just went ahead and made my purchase. My wife also told me not to bother with the forward tilt function (Ergohuman Luxury has the function for $300 more). She said buy already confirm won't use it anyway so don't waste money just to feel good :s13: she knows me best hahaha

Hahahaha most importantly is always to listen to missus verdict! Happy wife happy lives! (I'm sure most bro here concurs :s13:)

If there is a need for forward tilting, can always buy another chair again :crazy:

AhhHoNG 21-07-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 128618905)

Congrats bro. Careful not to mention Atwood too much if not some siao lang will say u boss of Atwood or doing paid post ;)

Yevin227 22-07-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wert (Post 128619131)
May I ask what's the differences between Ergohuman Elite and V2? Is it just the leg stand or something else? The physical structure and mesh is the same, right?

I'm also interested in this.

Actually i went down to Tradesk and met larry. Tried the Ergohuman V2 and really like it. No forward tilt don't really bother me. The ergohuman really supports my lower back (i have pain there), so still deciding....

illumnae 22-07-2020 08:04 AM

Forward tilt I think is something good to have but if it's not there you definitely won't miss it :s13:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeSaRiO (Post 128620225)
Hahahaha most importantly is always to listen to missus verdict! Happy wife happy lives! (I'm sure most bro here concurs :s13:)

If there is a need for forward tilting, can always buy another chair again :crazy:

Haha I wish I was a boss or got paid to type a few words. My post history quite clear I very wish washy one wor... I went Xtra, Courts, Tradesk and Atwood. I hope I am the boss of all of them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AhhHoNG (Post 128620386)
Congrats bro. Careful not to mention Atwood too much if not some siao lang will say u boss of Atwood or doing paid post ;)

I think the difference not big. From my memory (don't scold me if I'm wrong): Classic got 2cm wider seatbase, but armrests less adjustable, waterfall edge is old design so less pronounced, physical structure is old design so the 2 support bars at the back are spaced wider and the structure under the seat is bigger. No idea what difference the structural differences make. If you're on a budget but like the Ergohuman feel, I recommend the Project. I think Tradesk will also bring this in next shipment so you can decide whether you want to try there or Atwood

To be honest I don't know what is a "Classic V2" that Tradesk has. Based on the FAQ I previously shared it's either just Classic or just V2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wert (Post 128619131)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yevin227 (Post 128620898)
I'm also interested in this.

Actually i went down to Tradesk and met larry. Tried the Ergohuman V2 and really like it. No forward tilt don't really bother me. The ergohuman really supports my lower back (i have pain there), so still deciding....

Vulpix 22-07-2020 08:35 AM

So our shortlist in this thread is:

Ergohuman
Herman Miller
Haworth
IKEA
Steelcase

Did I miss any other brands?

CeSaRiO 22-07-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 128623073)
Forward tilt I think is something good to have but if it's not there you definitely won't miss it :s13:

Haha I wish I was a boss or got paid to type a few words. My post history quite clear I very wish washy one wor... I went Xtra, Courts, Tradesk and Atwood. I hope I am the boss of all of them!

I think the difference not big. From my memory (don't scold me if I'm wrong): Classic got 2cm wider seatbase, but armrests less adjustable, waterfall edge is old design so less pronounced, physical structure is old design so the 2 support bars at the back are spaced wider and the structure under the seat is bigger. No idea what difference the structural differences make. If you're on a budget but like the Ergohuman feel, I recommend the Project. I think Tradesk will also bring this in next shipment so you can decide whether you want to try there or Atwood

To be honest I don't know what is a "Classic V2" that Tradesk has. Based on the FAQ I previously shared it's either just Classic or just V2.

Actually i didn't know I love forward Tilting a lot until Larry explained to me different chair functionality. :s13:

CeSaRiO 22-07-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 128623360)
So our shortlist in this thread is:

Ergohuman
Herman Miller
Haworth
IKEA
Steelcase

Did I miss any other brands?

Comfort? For Genidia :s13:

purpleberry 22-07-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illumnae (Post 128618811)

For Ergohuman Elite, does the lower lumbar back gives in easily?