www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

IAmNiceify 30-07-2020 12:46 PM

Haiyo don’t say already...it’s not even a issue. The cable for the height adjustment dropped out. It was a few second job but the tear down scare the **** out of me. Now all the screw are “tight” but I don’t know how tight it is supposed to be since factory uses drill with the correct torque. But should be able to hold my 70kg ass. Other than some of screws have abit of damage to the pattern, all seems well.

Now they want to come to do a cylinder adjustment ... requested a different technician with professional experience this time. Too bad no replacement I think, suck it up lor. Good luck bois !

Vulpix 30-07-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmNiceify (Post 128796736)
Haiyo donít say already...itís not even a issue. The cable for the height adjustment dropped out. It was a few second job but the tear down is scare the **** out of me. Now all the screw at ďtightĒ but I donít know how tight it is supposed to be since factory uses drill with the correct torque. But should be able to hold my 70kg ass. Other than some of screws have abit of damage to the pattern, all seems well.

Now they want to come to do a cylinder adjustment ... requested a different technician with professional experience this time. Too bad no replacement I think, suck it up lor. Good luck bois !

They say no replacement?

runld_w 30-07-2020 01:11 PM

Got my Zody two weeks ago for WFH, all good when I received.
also bought Markus last weekend for gaming chair,
I spent 60% daily gaming on that chair, now I feel my Zody is way overpriced, almost 4 times the price of Markus.
The seat cushion on Markus is more comfort than Zody,
then the aluminium base on Markus felt better than plastic base on my Zody.

Earlier was planning to buy the Jarvfallet when I went to IKEA,
after testing both Markus and Jarvfallet, I feel Markus has better built quaility also more comfort.

Downside of Markus:
the rubber on the armrests feels sticky and weird, I don't like it.
I like to sit crosslegs when gaming, and the armrests design in Markus doesn't allow me to do that,
I prefer the armrests design in Jarvfallet, end up I removed the armrests in Markus.
Strong smell of glue or rubber doesn't dissapeared even after almost 5 days.

IAmNiceify 30-07-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 128796744)
They say no replacement?

Well, I cced the sale person and the personnel from logistic team about this whole issue. Nothing so far, what to do?

Vulpix 30-07-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmNiceify (Post 128797387)
Well, I cced the sale person and the personnel from logistic team about this whole issue. Nothing so far, what to do?

Think you might need to call and speak directly.

Rock_Lobster 30-07-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runld_w (Post 128797200)
Got my Zody two weeks ago for WFH, all good when I received.
also bought Markus last weekend for gaming chair,
I spent 60% daily gaming on that chair, now I feel my Zody is way overpriced, almost 4 times the price of Markus.
The seat cushion on Markus is more comfort than Zody,
then the aluminium base on Markus felt better than plastic base on my Zody.

Earlier was planning to buy the Jarvfallet when I went to IKEA,
after testing both Markus and Jarvfallet, I feel Markus has better built quaility also more comfort.

Downside of Markus:
the rubber on the armrests feels sticky and weird, I don't like it.
I like to sit crosslegs when gaming, and the armrests design in Markus doesn't allow me to do that,
I prefer the armrests design in Jarvfallet, end up I removed the armrests in Markus.
Strong smell of glue or rubber doesn't dissapeared even after almost 5 days.

The Markus also doesn't allow you to adjust the Seat pan, lumbar height, arm rest height and head rest height. For skinny people, even loosening the back tilt tension all the way will be too strong.

If you can fit to the Markus nicely it is a fairly good chair for it's price and warranty duration.

Jarvfallet is very adjustable but the back rest is very slim, so your shoulder will dig into it when leaning back. The seat is also firmer than the Markus, so it might feel like the Zody(?). there is also no back tilt tension knob.

blurpasta 30-07-2020 02:26 PM

after reading the thread and plus considering my budget, decided to go ahead with ergotune supreme red color, order end of june, just got it yesterday, almost 1month of waiting, assembling was ok with the youtube video but it really took a while cox of the weight of the chair... so far so good but need to test a few more days, i have an old back injury so i need good support to wfh.

super lucky to find this thread.... at first wanted to buy SL cox alot of ppl were recommending it, but since i have no aircon at home, i went for mesh instead after reading all the reviews here!

purpleberry 30-07-2020 02:44 PM

Any comments on Duorest? Saw a few at carousell.

Gixxerfied 30-07-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st3ven (Post 128795948)
For those have bought used HM Aeron, any good lobang? Finding one too.

And when collection, is it able to fit into normal taxi?

Find in carousell but recently not much used sets..Usually happens when office downsize..

Normal cab cannot, you need something like vezel/sienta..I transported my celle back home in a vezel..

dEv_ 30-07-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 128796721)
One bad case is too many. I really hope Haworth do the right thing and replace 1 to 1. My experience with them has been great, which is why I dare to recommend them.

the upside with haworth is their service recovery. their response are quite prompt albeit their stinking internal process. :)

had a couple of issue with my chair, mostly got sorted out, pending replacement parts from factory.

Vulpix 30-07-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dEv_ (Post 128800303)
the upside with haworth is their service recovery. their response are quite prompt albeit their stinking internal process. :)

had a couple of issue with my chair, mostly got sorted out, pending replacement parts from factory.

Well, stinking internal process seems to be a very normal thing in Singapore companies for some reason, but that's not a chair related topic. :s13:

runld_w 30-07-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock_Lobster (Post 128797725)
The Markus also doesn't allow you to adjust the Seat pan, lumbar height, arm rest height and head rest height. For skinny people, even loosening the back tilt tension all the way will be too strong.

If you can fit to the Markus nicely it is a fairly good chair for it's price and warranty duration.

Jarvfallet is very adjustable but the back rest is very slim, so your shoulder will dig into it when leaning back. The seat is also firmer than the Markus, so it might feel like the Zody(?). there is also no back tilt tension knob.

the seat pan, lumbar support and head rest on Markus is spot on for me. I don't need anymore adjustment on that part.
The missing back tilt tension control in jarvfallet also one of the key point I choose Markus over it.
Tension control for me is necessary, midway-tight for gaming and loose for watching movie or relaxing.

dEv_ 30-07-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 128800346)
Well, stinking internal process seems to be a very normal thing in Singapore companies for some reason, but that's not a chair related topic. :s13:

sad truth indeed. it's rather common in local firms. :s13:

Rock_Lobster 30-07-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runld_w (Post 128800396)
the seat pan, lumbar support and head rest on Markus is spot on for me. I don't need anymore adjustment on that part.
The missing back tilt tension control in jarvfallet also one of the key point I choose Markus over it.
Tension control for me is necessary, midway-tight for gaming and loose for watching movie or relaxing.

Wah very lucky! I'm a lot shorter than my friend but we both found the various support on the Markus to be unsuitable for us :(

IAmNiceify 30-07-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 128797551)
Think you might need to call and speak directly.

Heed your advice and contact the sale team about a replacement. She is very understanding and empathetic and will be asking for a replacement for me and feedback to higher management about this problem.Then on their servicing department side, reply is the standard 1 liner apology, see already also very helpless :s22:

See how it goes bah