www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

Vodkilla 08-08-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila (Post 128965269)
i bought ergohuman first thinking its should be as good as aeron.
after 5yrs of using ergohuman, i decide to get an aeron.
the only regret is i didn't get aeron earlier.

same here, bought my ergohuman at apres around 5 yrs ago and just changed to Aeron.

lumbar support is way better but i have a tendency for my upper body to lean abit forward and have to remind myself to lean back.

DriftKing 08-08-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshvibes (Post 128972486)
It would be great to have a mesh chair with the armrest that can be adjustable with or without the armrest. Been trying to find a mesh chair like this.

Aeron can remove the whole arm if you don't want it for the loaded version.

(Also your own arm and legs because it cost a bomb too)

Koenig168 08-08-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Zhan (Post 128967163)
sit aeron doesnít mean your slipped disc will go away or get better. iíve been sitting on one for 10 years already.

and this is the cost of my recent slipped disc surgery performed just 2 months ago :s13:

Hope you have fully recovered. :)

Thought I had a slipped disc years ago and it hurt like hell. Can barely move and Panadol did nothing for the pain. Turned out to be a pulled muscle in the end ... :D

bunnypangsai 08-08-2020 02:38 PM

can prop your monitor to a higher position too (best is with a monitor arm).:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila (Post 128968679)
i tend to slouch more when i use ergohuman. aeron force me to sit in a correct position which really help me back alot

Attila 08-08-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finale1 (Post 128970808)
$599 from Apres Marketing?
Long time ago I suppose

yup. from apres marketing

youthquaker 08-08-2020 04:49 PM

I've been lurking on this thread since the start of the year.

Met Larry today at his office in Yishun. I have never tried any of the chairs that have been discussed in this forum, however, I had my eye on the HM Aeron, Steelcase Leap V2 and Haworth Fern (missed out on the stay at home sale previously).

Today I was able to test the Aeron, Ergohuman Enjoy, Ergohuman Classic, Pofit, Leap V2 (ALMOST bought this online before testing it out).

The first 45 minutes was a discussion on how I've been sitting as I told him I have a gym ball chair that I've been using for the past year. Plenty of insights from the discussion we had.

On to the testing, Larry had a Leap V2 outside his office which I tried and thank god I did not purchase it online. I realized I did not like the overall feel of it, in terms of feel is the material being foam back and seat.

I was firm on my decision of having a mesh back and seat, so these options were out. Next, I tried the Aeron, I must say this chair blew me away in terms of the premium feel of the material and overall support. I needed to have good lumbar and also shoulder support, which I got with the Aeron, Ergohuman Classic (with headrest) and Pofit (with headrest).

I had the budget to get the Aeron but I wanted to see how the Ergohuman faired, so Larry let me try the Enjoy (with headrest) which I liked but somehow lacked the shoulder support, for the price he was selling it was bang for buck.

I tried the Ergohuman classic next and this chair was comfy AF! I would have bought it over the Aeron for sure. However, it was lacking the forward tilt which the Aeron had. So that was kind of a deal-breaker for me. He then mentioned of the Genedia which he is taking pre-orders for ($931) with a range of custom materials that you can choose from.

So what was my decision? I wanted to get the Ergohuman classic but somehow the thought of the Genedia lingered in my mind. I was lucky enough I guess to find a second-hand Genedia bought from 3 years ago on carousell, the seller was kind enough to deliver the chair to me. Man oh man, this was the chair for me. Great adjustability, has front tilt, full mesh seat and back, 4D armrest, adjustable back height, seat depth and all the nook and cranny. Oh and the condition of the chair, like new, with the armrest having some wear due to age which I wouldn't mind changing once Atwood gets back to me with a quotation.

Do bear in mind that the chairs I've tested were less than 10 minutes each, so do not take my word for it, every chair did have a different feel to it and I encourage you to try the chairs you want before buying them.

Lastly typing this review on my Genedia :s13: and will use the next few days to get the sweet spot for my butt and back. Hope the above helps :s12:

game goondu 08-08-2020 06:04 PM

where is this larry in yishun? a shop?

jtjt00 08-08-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by game goondu (Post 128981316)
where is this larry in yishun? a shop?

Tradesk
NorthPoint Bizhub ,
2 YIshun Industrial Street 1 ,
#08-11
Larry: 97932768

Wryer 08-08-2020 06:14 PM

Yeah very curious about this Larry guy. It's definitely helpful to have all the choices under one roof for trying.

youthquaker 08-08-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wryer (Post 128981475)
Yeah very curious about this Larry guy. It's definitely helpful to have all the choices under one roof for trying.

Yup address is below, best to text him first, he is open for walk ins mostly on Saturday.

finale1 09-08-2020 08:30 AM

As some have pointed out, if you know how to ship Ergohuman chairs from JD, the price is unbeatable even with shipping and GST. Somewhat 30% savings from the cheapest seller u can find locally.

CeSaRiO 09-08-2020 03:00 PM

Hey guys, sorry i pahbo for a while as my work took quite a lot of my time.

Just an update on my Genidia's experience:

I'm getting used to Genidia relatively well, but still trying to improve on my constant awareness on seating well. I hadn't have the time to fine-tune my Genidia to fit my comfort "G-spot" so will definitely update in the future.

Looking back at the previous few pages, i think what's more important is to understand why we are getting the chairs for. Be it comfort or "training", once you've figured this part out, the next step always be open to options.

Also, let's not generalise Ergohuman's chairs as some of the models are geared towards different purposes.

freshvibes 09-08-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 128976392)
Aeron can remove the whole arm if you don't want it for the loaded version.

(Also your own arm and legs because it cost a bomb too)

Only Aeron?

DriftKing 09-08-2020 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshvibes (Post 129001939)
Only Aeron?

Actually come to think of it, it does seems only Aeron has this function. I don't remember any other chair has this?

Vulpix 09-08-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 129008490)
Actually come to think of it, it does seems only Aeron has this function. I don't remember any other chair has this?

Pretty sure any brand lets you buy without the arm.