www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

testerjp 05-08-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yau_chee (Post 109590136)
Is herman miller embody better than Aeron?
Heard that it'll have those squeaking noise after a while.

My Aeron also will squeak after some years, no big deal, just spray some lubricant and no more.

I use Embody at home, Aeron for office.
Both good, embody more comfortable, Aeron better support.

See what you need. :o

yau_chee 05-08-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 109591007)
My Aeron also will squeak after some years, no big deal, just spray some lubricant and no more.

I use Embody at home, Aeron for office.
Both good, embody more comfortable, Aeron better support.

See what you need. :o

Thank you. Tried the Aeron for a few weeks. Very smooth tilt mechanisms but the mesh wasn't too friendly on bare skin and the handrest a slight more troublesome to adjust height. Very restricted sitting position.
That's why looking at embody but heard that the plastic support below the seat will wear out within a few years and start giving squeaking sound.

kimsix 05-08-2017 01:50 PM

If you buy from Xtra, they should replace worn parts with no fuss, just have to wait a month to two to indent, and as long they are in biz. I just replaced my 3 year old aeron pads and it feels new again.

Paying $600 for a generic PU design with no replacement policy is not cheap.

To be fair, HM also born out of the dot.com extravagance, and its ergonomic cannot be proven scientifically, but at least it is well-built, mesh works better in our climate.

wilflare 05-08-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 109589585)
Actually if u think about it.

$600 for a chair that say last 3 years.
12 years spend $2400 liao.
Also don't know the "ergonomics" work or not. Those China fellows don't know got even do any studies or not. Wait angulate your back wrongly and make the back even worse.

One Aeron chair cost $1700 and has 12 years warranty, they easily last 20 years.
I've one in the office i just found out bought in 1998 and still look like new after yearly wiping, never service before except changing the wheels.
Also guarantee to work. I've multiple slipped discs and now, no pain liao. :o

yeap! oh well. I was really inclined towards the HM actually but thought it was beyond my means then. lol.

I would have had some problems choosing between the Aeron and the Embody

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

testerjp 05-08-2017 02:09 PM

Eh I've never observed that but I think that's a very small non-functional problem. Just need to figure out where's the noise coming out from and lubricate it if it bothers u a lot.

:o

urbanathlon 05-08-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimsix (Post 109593065)
If you buy from Xtra, they should replace worn parts with no fuss, just have to wait a month to two to indent, and as long they are in biz. I just replaced my 3 year old aeron pads and it feels new again.

Paying $600 for a generic PU design with no replacement policy is not cheap.

To be fair, HM also born out of the dot.com extravagance, and its ergonomic cannot be proven scientifically, but at least it is well-built, mesh works better in our climate.

2 months isn't very impressive. :s13:

Talking about Xtra.
Heard from my friends they just moved to a few giant outlets at Marina Square. From their cheap rental location at Park Mall.
We estimate their rent is at around $500000 per month before GST. Still need to add in staff, their renovation cost, accountants, warehouse, etc.

Even if just look at the $500000, and if each chair earn them $1000. They need to sell 500 chairs a month just to break even.
They also started a cafe business, which is damn quiet and seem to lose money too. Scare they suddenly uplorry.

Nakedtoes 05-08-2017 04:42 PM

there are so many used HM aeron for $500 to 800.. choose yr pick... i got 2.. one posture fit at 700 another lumber at $150:o

Trans-Am 05-08-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 109595302)
there are so many used HM aeron for $500 to 800.. choose yr pick... i got 2.. one posture fit at 700 another at $150:o

Sic locations

Sent from 痛い❤ ! 痛い❤ ! 止めて using GAGT

Nakedtoes 05-08-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trans-Am (Post 109595311)

carousell............ there is one selling 2015 made in usa sets.. quite alot of stock he has... should be fully loaded but lumber support

testerjp 05-08-2017 05:34 PM

The howfine seller, i've visited before.
Damn old and they don't let you choose.

They don't even let me see.
Never buy from him in the end. :o

yau_chee 05-08-2017 05:44 PM

No reply from seller. Deal closed!

Nakedtoes 06-08-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yau_chee (Post 109595996)
Found 1 seller selling Embody @ very good price but she only willing to sell as a bunch of 6 chairs together but max I can take 2 chairs. :s8:

What price?

yau_chee 06-08-2017 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 109601491)
What price?

Not sure the chairs sold or not. But price around 12% of retail :eek:
Unless there're enough people to take the other four chairs then I try to arrange to buy together and arrange delivery. :D

xDragon 06-08-2017 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 109595579)
Few things to note.. The Herman miller Aeron is very comfortable chair to seat... initially u might feel slight pain on the thights ... cause the curve of the chair force u to seat properly and dun allows u to fold yr legs on the chair..

The chair can definately last for super long time... there are so many 15 or longer years old sets outside still in superb condition. Do that note that some is not fully loaded or adjustable.. some are fixed and allows only up and down adjustable..and there are some that is cheaper due to this reason.:D

I am lucky to score 1 fully loaded for $150.. think that is the cheapest available..

Lmao where u get for 150 sia

UO 06-08-2017 01:58 PM

For the herman miller chair, is the aluminium legs worth getting over the graphite? almost 400 more :o