www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

Attila 11-08-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadenp (Post 129045205)
Concerning https://www.unwantedimports.com/shop...d-aeron-chair/

When will their stock be coming back? Or when they will come back. Will the price still be 1550SGD?

Seems like they have gone AFK...

that price is not final...
not fully loaded, delivery and CC charge add up about $1800+ if i not wrong.

gadenp 11-08-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila (Post 129045962)
that price is not final...
not fully loaded, delivery and CC charge add up about $1800+ if i not wrong.

Thanks!

Just saw the Haworth Fern potential MO.

I tried the Leap v2, Comfort Genidia, Comfort Classic, and the Aeron.

And I thought I was super set on the Aeron, till I saw the Fern MO...

Is Fern more like Leap or Aeron. the Leap v2 was not the best for my back. Not like Aeron which was pure comfort as soon as I sit down...

Attila 11-08-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadenp (Post 129046829)
Thanks!

Is Fern more like Leap or Aeron. the Leap v2 was not the best for my back. Not like Aeron which was pure comfort as soon as I sit down...

some people take few days to get used to aeron.
if you like it then just go for it else you might regret in future.
the chair will stay with you for a long time

hell92 11-08-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadenp (Post 129046829)
Thanks!

It's best to arrange for a test of the Fern at Haworth. There was one user who preferred the Fern over the Aeron, but it's subjective. Once I get the quote, I can assist to arrange a test seating. Do note Haworth store is only open during weekdays and working hours.

Here is a first impression of the fern, read the comments too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp-LDFiYVw0. From reviews online, it seems comparable to Aeron, but probably lacking in terms of quality due to build material differences. Still, you are covered by 12 years warranty, which makes it more value versus the Aeron.

pacificstorm 11-08-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadenp (Post 129045205)
Concerning https://www.unwantedimports.com/shop...d-aeron-chair/

When will their stock be coming back? Or when they will come back. Will the price still be 1550SGD?

Seems like they have gone AFK...

Try to email them, they reply sometimes.

kandinsky 11-08-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublimedz (Post 129045827)
I have been checking their site everyday for the past month or so and managed to snag one today when it re-stocked briefly at around 12pm. It went OOS really quickly after I checked out. I vaguely recalled seeing the Size C being in stock last week for 2 whole days before it went OOS.

Got a call from the delivery guy 1-2 hours after I made payment and the chair was delivered at around 5pm. Spoke briefly to the delivery dude and he mentioned that he collected it from Pasir Panjang Terminal before delivering it to me.

Wow, that's quick. Must be damn satisfying to get it on same day as order :s12:

hhnnhh 12-08-2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 129048752)
It's best to arrange for a test of the Fern at Haworth. There was one user who preferred the Fern over the Aeron, but it's subjective. Once I get the quote, I can assist to arrange a test seating. Do note Haworth store is only open during weekdays and working hours.

Here is a first impression of the fern, read the comments too: From reviews online, it seems comparable to Aeron, but probably lacking in terms of quality due to build material differences. Still, you are covered by 12 years warranty, which makes it more value versus the Aeron.

Fern at the MO price point does look attractive. Saw the chair mostly have a fabric material covering it? I am guessing say maybe around year 5 the fabric would wear out or color faded? Any idea is it possible to replace the fabric then?

defn 12-08-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 129044534)
As told by many reviewers, Haworth Fern is a quality chair comparable to Aeron with 12-year warranty at roughly half the price.

I am discussing with Alicia and awaiting a final quote in the next few days. I am looking to a mass order for the standard Fern and executive Fern model. I believe the pricing will be at or below the promo pricing ($743 before GST). I will also organise shipping on my side which will likely be cheaper than the quoted $50 per chair given the economics of scale.

This mass order is on, so anyone interested in getting a new chair, please delay that decision a couple of days. I will probably need to gather 100 or so orders to get a good discount for everyone, so will appreciate any support you can give.

I would be interested in this, is it possible to get an individual invoice for this MO?

hell92 12-08-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhnnhh (Post 129051334)
Fern at the MO price point does look attractive. Saw the chair mostly have a fabric material covering it? I am guessing say maybe around year 5 the fabric would wear out or color faded? Any idea is it possible to replace the fabric then?

Unfortunately, no warranty will cover ageing of fabric. I believe it's replaceable but at your own costs. If you are concerned about long term durability, you might want to pick more durable colours. The effect of ageing will not be as apparent for a colour like black for example.

hell92 12-08-2020 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defn (Post 129054120)
I would be interested in this, is it possible to get an individual invoice for this MO?

Unfortunately, individual invoice is not possible as this is being treated as a corporate purchase by a single entity/person. Be rest assured, the warranty will still be valid, you can reach out to me and I will reach out to Haworth.

freshvibes 12-08-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandinsky (Post 129020406)
You mean something like the armrests on planes?

Like this?

https://i.imgur.com/Hmchi7g.png
https://sihoofurniture.en.made-in-ch...ice-Chair.html

Seems like there are some UMD chairs with that feature - https://shopee.sg/umdlife/4601533928

Ya, something like this. Will check them out.

Thanks for the link!

bakasa2002 12-08-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gixxerfied (Post 129031935)
Using it now.. Used set..

Butt is okay since cushion, not hot.. Back is definitely airy.. If you are tall and sit very straight and like to back stick onto the backrest, take note the back support will probably end just below your shoulder blade..

Is seat cushion ok when not working from home wo ac? Material is similar to any padded fabric office chair?

bakasa2002 12-08-2020 11:00 AM

Xtra ran a free trial of the Aeron over National Day, anyone booked a slot with them?

https://www.facebook.com/notes/xtra/...7578325252185/

sseah12 12-08-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 129054149)
Unfortunately, no warranty will cover ageing of fabric. I believe it's replaceable but at your own costs. If you are concerned about long term durability, you might want to pick more durable colours. The effect of ageing will not be as apparent for a colour like black for example.

the MO need at 100 chairs orders..? Can hit 20 Wld be gd already.. I think the promo price exclude any colour / material change. And executive model not eligible for promo... Just sic

hell92 12-08-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sseah12 (Post 129057958)
the MO need at 100 chairs orders..? Can hit 20 Wld be gd already.. I think the promo price exclude any colour / material change. And executive model not eligible for promo... Just sic

Usually these companies provide substantial corporate discounts if you can reach a certain level of volume or quantum. I am not sure if that will take 100 orders or 20, but a larger order will allow me to negotiate a more substantial discount. I am planning to identify interest in both tiers the more basic black promo model and the higher-end executive model to see if I can achieve a certain quantum should the quantity target not be met.