www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

hell92 19-08-2020 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacredrays (Post 129197891)
erm.. the seat and back for the haworth fern is what kind? mesh? or cushion kind? would it trap heat? :s11::s11:

couldn't really find any clear info about it..

i don't have aircon, so i was wondering if it would still be suitable.

The back is mesh and the seat is cushion. According to user reviews here, itís suitable without air-con.

gadenp 19-08-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 129198190)
The back is mesh and the seat is cushion. According to user reviews here, it’s suitable without air-con.

Went to Haworth to test the chair. Bad news.... My current chair feels like crap now :D Good news, is a good chair to sit, and as they did not on the aircon in the room, I got to test that the chair did not become hot and was still comfortable.

My sister went with me and she prefers the Zody in which the person that showed us the chairs said that it is common that guys like the Fern and ladies like the Zody.

My observations is
1. that the Fern forces you to sit at a 90 degree angle (aka correct sitting posture)
2. Your back will not rest on the top part of the chair back when you working on the PC. But darn comfortable when you lean back for bad habit gaming and/or watching movies.
3. The front tilt also tilts the chair bottom and not the chair back

Regards

PS: Bad News 2: Freaking Aeron still the best chair I even sat on. This one is 2nd best.

PS2: I cannot decide between a fully loaded Fern or Aeron now. But Aeron would be way more expensive, I gather.

kandinsky 19-08-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacredrays (Post 129197891)
erm.. the seat and back for the haworth fern is what kind? mesh? or cushion kind? would it trap heat? :s11::s11:

couldn't really find any clear info about it..

i don't have aircon, so i was wondering if it would still be suitable.

Check out the pics from their marketing material:
https://media.haworth.com/asset/9476...et%20Final.pdf

hellvolhardzelinsky 19-08-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadenp (Post 129198499)
Went to Haworth to test the chair. Bad news.... My current chair feels like crap now :D Good news, is a good chair to sit, and as they did not on the aircon in the room, I got to test that the chair did not become hot and was still comfortable.

My sister went with me and she prefers the Zody in which the person that showed us the chairs said that it is common that guys like the Fern and ladies like the Zody.

My observations is
1. that the Fern forces you to sit at a 90 degree angle (aka correct sitting posture)
2. Your back will not rest on the top part of the chair back when you working on the PC. But darn comfortable when you lean back for bad habit gaming and/or watching movies.

Regards

PS: Bad News 2: Freaking Aeron still the best chair I even sat on. This one is 2nd best.

PS2: I cannot decide between a fully loaded Fern or Aeron now. But Aeron would be way more expensive, I gather.

Hey where did you try the chairs?

Vulpix 19-08-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

My observations is

Regards

Well, if you can afford a HM, you should get a HM. The HM Aeron still better for you right? :D Don't think so much, choose the most comfy one and just swipe your card.

gadenp 19-08-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellvolhardzelinsky (Post 129200165)
Hey where did you try the chairs?

Haworth Singapore
Address: 61 Robinson Rd, #16-01 Robinson Centre, Singapore 068893
Hours: Opens 9AM Closed 5PM
Phone to call for appointment: 6735 1155

freshvibes 19-08-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

My observations is

Regards

Is the backrest of the Fern higher than the Zody?

Probably that’s why more guys prefer the Fern?

gadenp 19-08-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshvibes (Post 129201263)
Is the backrest of the Fern higher than the Zody?

Probably thatís why more guys prefer the Fern?

Yes higher backrest but more layback then Zody.

hellvolhardzelinsky 19-08-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadenp (Post 129200553)
Haworth Singapore

Thanks bro. My work end too late, doubt I can go see.

game goondu 19-08-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadenp (Post 129200553)
Haworth Singapore

did you call and make appt?
or can just walk in?

Jacqueline. 19-08-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

My observations is

Regards

how much does the fully loaded fern cost?
The $745 offer on the product brochure accordingly to Alicia has ended
and she mentioned there's a discount code that can be redeemed online provided one verify himself with a corporate email. I supposed it's the same discount code provided in the earlier pages?

her replies to email usually comes after 10pm :super:

gadenp 19-08-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by game goondu (Post 129201633)
did you call and make appt?
or can just walk in?

Yupe have to make an appointment. Also as the offer is over need to talk to them for a discount.

But Heli92 has talked to Haworth about a discount and you can join the MO. Do talk to him about joining.

hell92 19-08-2020 11:44 PM

Quote:

My observations is

Regards

Glad you managed to have a great session with the chairs. I was actually deliberating between aeron, chairworker s7 and fern. Ultimately landed on the Fern which provided the best value in terms of comparable comfort with an established record and strong warranty policy.

HM is a really tough brand to beat, the closest to the Fern is actually the Embody in terms of back support style. But chair is something is very personal, so I do recommend those who can to try out the chairs before making an order.

Btw if your sis is interested in the Zody, do let me know, I can include her order and see if I can get her the promo pricing.

lamerena 19-08-2020 11:48 PM

Is the MO still at 100?

hell92 19-08-2020 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamerena (Post 129205363)
Is the MO still at 100?

Alicia was open to 15 units order, but she said the price would be higher (hasn't reverted on the price point yet). I am negotiating for a 25 unit order at current promo price.