www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

tomicaguy 24-08-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaChouette (Post 129278108)
Looks like getting from Ergo Supplies is even cheaper than importing your own from TaoBao after adding shipping, GST and delivery fee.

For once finally a seller with actual decent pricing and physical location. Great find :s7:

Good local pricing. From JD.com, 保友金豪e = Ergohuman Elite with footrest will add up to slightly below $800 (GST with delivery to SG) based on my own calculations. If you want to save $100 (without local warranty and possibly installation), sure. =:p

WatCult 24-08-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomicaguy (Post 129286973)
Good local pricing. From JD.com, 保友金豪e = Ergohuman Elite with footrest will add up to slightly below $800 (GST with delivery to SG) based on my own calculations. If you want to save $100 (without local warranty and possibly installation), sure. =:p

Installation is easy but $150 for 5 years local warranty is worth it as long that company is still around. In addition, you get immediate delivery.

BTW did the company say what does the 5 years local warranty cover?

Rock_Lobster 24-08-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwenze (Post 129258653)
Buy Ikea Markus or JÄRVFJÄLLET or go straight for something like Ergohuman or HM?

For the 2 IKEA chair must try first before buying. If they fit you I'd just go ahead and buy them. Cheap with 10 year warranty. Even if use for a few years throw also no heart pain.

However, those 2 chairs each have functions/adjustability options that the other doesnt have. And the armrest is almost useless, so do take that into account.

I remember writing quite a few pages back on my thoughts on the 2 chairs, you can find the post and see if that would help with your decision.

hell92 24-08-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock_Lobster (Post 129287489)
For the 2 IKEA chair must try first before buying. If they fit you I'd just go ahead and buy them. Cheap with 10 year warranty. Even if use for a few years throw also no heart pain.

However, those 2 chairs each have functions/adjustability options that the other doesnt have. And the armrest is almost useless, so do take that into account.

I remember writing quite a few pages back on my thoughts on the 2 chairs, you can find the post and see if that would help with your decision.

I had the Markus, not as comfortable as I like it to be. I recommend trying it for a long period (like 1h kind to get a good gauge). The high back design can get uncomfortable for long period of seating and the leather started peeling around 2-3 years in. The warranty only covers the mechanism, not the leather.

vofzxy 24-08-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatCult (Post 129285233)
Currently, my lower back is aching after sitting on the chair. Probably, I need to adjust my sitting posture on this chair. because I have been trying to see whether I can lean back and let my shoulder rest on the backrest while working on my PC.

Will probably do a full review if there is any interest on it.

the lower back portion of the back rest dont touch your back issit?
the seat base is too big ah?

seikatsu 24-08-2020 01:31 PM

Had an Ikea Markus, it's one of those chairs where your body conforms to the chair and not the other way round... I feel like it was designed for a taller, larger person.

Some problems I have with it:
1) Arm rests are useless
2) Head rest pushes your head forward in a weird manner
3) Again, unless your body is suitable, the backrest doesn't support properly
4) Lumbar support is zero, that little piece of foam does nothing
5) Seat compresses noticeably after using for about 5 years, I am ~60kg

I was younger and broke so this was supposedly a 'better' ergonomic chair at that time. Unless your body is perfectly suitable for this chair, I am here to tell you that it is not ergonomic at all, not by a long shot. Please save your cash.

gadenp 24-08-2020 02:06 PM

Liaison-ing with Haworth SG to get the costing of the Fern and Zody is a long procedure. Hahaha warning for those that want to get the chair themselves.

BE SUPER SPECIFIC. They are tons of options and thus tons of headaches.

There is something to be said for "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants, so long as it is black." Henry Ford.

wwenze 24-08-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 129288047)
I had the Markus, not as comfortable as I like it to be. I recommend trying it for a long period (like 1h kind to get a good gauge). The high back design can get uncomfortable for long period of seating and the leather started peeling around 2-3 years in. The warranty only covers the mechanism, not the leather.

Heng I never liked leather. I'm a cloth guy.

Honestly thinking the Markus does not have enough adjustments hence also looking at JÄRVFJÄLLET

WatCult 24-08-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vofzxy (Post 129288500)
the lower back portion of the back rest dont touch your back issit?
the seat base is too big ah?

The lower back touches my back and the seat base is just alright.

I have a tendency to lean towards my right so lower right back started aching. Just need to adjust my posture on the chair.

YHQI95 24-08-2020 04:19 PM

Hi all, I am looking for ergonomic chair during my WFH. I have budget around 1k. Any recommendation for good lumbar support?:s22:

hell92 24-08-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YHQI95 (Post 129292078)
Hi all, I am looking for ergonomic chair during my WFH. I have budget around 1k. Any recommendation for good lumbar support?:s22:

It’s really highly dependent on the person, everyone has a different preference. But noteworthy options are HM Aeron, Haworth Fern, Haworth Zoey, Steelcase Leap (might be warm if you don’t have AC on as it’s not mesh) and Ergohuman (only has 5 years warranty). Do try out the chairs, if you are interested in Haworth models, you can PM me.

airzound 24-08-2020 06:49 PM

1st full day of sitting on the aeron chair. Lower back still feeling the strain, even more so compared to my brandless office chair.
Question to aeron users: do you configure the posture support against your back or away?

Proximus 24-08-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airzound (Post 129294785)
1st full day of sitting on the aeron chair. Lower back still feeling the strain, even more so compared to my brandless office chair.
Question to aeron users: do you configure the posture support against your back or away?

Am using the classic Aeron and I engaged my posture fit to the max (against my lower back)

darkevil 24-08-2020 07:06 PM

I know it's Abit off topic. But I'm looking high and low for a good table for work and gaming.

Was looking at omnidesk, but is it really recommended? Any review?

Apparatus 24-08-2020 08:02 PM

Just ordered the HM Aeron Remastered Mineral size 'C' from Xtra. I find size 'C' more comfortable as the thigh opening area is wider and my thighs doesn't touch the raised sides of the chair. It also supports my shoulder blades. The size 'B' is a bit tighter at the thigh opening area with my thighs touching the raised sides of the chair and it doesn't support my shoulder blades

A headrest looks out of the question here since the back of my head is already resting on the top side of the chair. A headrest is more appropriate with size 'B' since my neck and head are above the top of the chair

FI, this chair is more expensive than my LG 49-in ultrawide monitor

https://i.ibb.co/r5SckD2/IMG-20200824-190047.jpg
free image hosting site no sign up