www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

myth_shenhua 02-10-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 130031939)
How much n bought from where.?

Got from Steelcase direct - ~$7XX

batniss 02-10-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wokhei (Post 130042388)
any chair recommendation under $200?

Try xiaomi, umd or ikea. These are probably choices you've got at that budget.

Low budget, cannot expect full ergo. I think.

polowalrus 02-10-2020 11:56 AM

Anyone have experience buying chairs from taobao? Seems like it could be cheaper

Nakedtoes 02-10-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myth_shenhua (Post 130046224)

oh nice... carosell still got ppl selling used at new price:s22:

delson_tan 02-10-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polowalrus (Post 130047321)
Anyone have experience buying chairs from taobao? Seems like it could be cheaper

A couple of pages back I shared.

Dr.Vijay 02-10-2020 08:01 PM

Not really, same price point.
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...ork-home-needs

Gen 1 was just last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustBored (Post 130031990)
new version more expensive though, how long has gen 1 been out?

s3nt1n3l 02-10-2020 09:35 PM

Anyone currently using ergotune?

Been seeing for past couple of weeks at FB/IG and it looks legit.

Would like some reviews before going to the shop and demo

noobmart 02-10-2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Hi, was there some discount recently? When i look at steelcase website, its still 1k++ :s11:

JustBored 03-10-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Vijay (Post 130055649)

I mean the msrp is higher this year, so thats that. Do you recommending this ahead of their previous model?

myth_shenhua 03-10-2020 01:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobmart (Post 130058985)
Hi, was there some discount recently? When i look at steelcase website, its still 1k++ :s11:

I have corporate discount - saw someone getting leap + headrest for $1.4k. I think that is the open rate

sweeping 03-10-2020 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Vijay (Post 130055649)

How is the new one compared to the old? Asking since you personally recommended the old one

Dr.Vijay 03-10-2020 10:26 AM

I wanted to give it a try as they offered it for review, but I don't have space to hold my old chair and take in another... even if it's for a little while :(

That said, I expect the new one to be on par with the old one where it counts most, while offering even more flexibility in the headrest and armrest areas. The other aspect that's improved is the hydraulics that counts towards improved reliability, but that's not something anyone can tell at this juncture until some years down the road.

The only other unknown I can't quantify is how the new fabric feels.

I'll drop down to their office one of these days to get a better idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeping (Post 130060231)
How is the new one compared to the old? Asking since you personally recommended the old one

Dr.Vijay 03-10-2020 10:33 AM

Yes, I am. Please check my older posts in this thread. I'm satisfied and highly recommend it.

Fit wise, it has good compatibility for folks of small and medium size build. If one is obese or of large build, this isn't the chair for you. Herman Millar has a wider base and is more accommodating. I know cos I've people at home who fit both medium and large builds, and I've both chair brands.

Hope it helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3nt1n3l (Post 130056955)
Anyone currently using ergotune?

Been seeing for past couple of weeks at FB/IG and it looks legit.

Would like some reviews before going to the shop and demo

Dr.Vijay 03-10-2020 10:41 AM

Oh,I see what you mean.
I believe that MSRP is their marketing tactic. You know, some brands sell products with a higher SRP and they would seem to be perpetually discounted? Unfortunately, this is one of them (like Secretlab).

The price I've used in my reporting is likely the normal price you'll see moving forward (which is also their current discounted price) as that's what they've advised the media.

As for recommendation, I can't outright say go for the new one as I've not personally tried it. But given the kind of improvements they've made and that I do like the previous generation chair, it sounds like a good iteration. But the improvements aren't large, so if you can get the older one and prefer to save a bit, you really aren't missing out much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustBored (Post 130059560)
I mean the msrp is higher this year, so thats that. Do you recommending this ahead of their previous model?

s3nt1n3l 03-10-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Vijay (Post 130062605)
Yes, I am. Please check my older posts in this thread. I'm satisfied and highly recommend it.

Fit wise, it has good compatibility for folks of small and medium size build. If one is obese or of large build, this isn't the chair for you. Herman Millar has a wider base and is more accommodating. I know cos I've people at home who fit both medium and large builds, and I've both chair brands.

Hope it helps.

thanks for the review.

gonna make a trip later to check it out.

But just for comparison, is there any other brands/models at similar price range to recommend ? and hopefully around the same area for its showroom because I'm not that siao on to travel across SG for a chair :o