www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

Kiddream 25-10-2020 10:57 AM

Ah thanks for that! Just added to Wish List this morning and it got approved. Now i'm deciding between Elite or Luxury. Both with leg rest and it's $600 vs $798. In your opinion is the forward tilt function on Luxury that useful that it's worth paying the extra $200 for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by delson_tan (Post 130455173)
You need an ezbuy Prime account and add it to wish list. Every member gets to add 3 items per month.

purpleberry 25-10-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandinsky (Post 130453675)
Google "okamura finora singapore", seems like it's $1699

Crazy price! Unless its like handcrafted made in Japan.

myth_shenhua 25-10-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seikokingkong (Post 130404780)
Currently xtra stock is from China.

Went down to XTRA and they confirmed that current stocks for Aeron are coming from China due to supply constraints. Anyone care to share any known differences of Aeron from USA/China?

Looking to get it from them

delson_tan 25-10-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddream (Post 130457923)
Ah thanks for that! Just added to Wish List this morning and it got approved. Now i'm deciding between Elite or Luxury. Both with leg rest and it's $600 vs $798. In your opinion is the forward tilt function on Luxury that useful that it's worth paying the extra $200 for it?

That's fast. Mine took like 2 days to approve. Other than forward tilt, Luxury has also more metal parts all around the chair, so the $200 is not just the tilting. IIRC, the Taobao product description has pictures showing the difference.

johnnytann 25-10-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delson_tan (Post 130465195)
That's fast. Mine took like 2 days to approve. Other than forward tilt, Luxury has also more metal parts all around the chair, so the $200 is not just the tilting. IIRC, the Taobao product description has pictures showing the difference.

Hi Delson, need your help a little here. Do you have any experience with the warranty? Because I just received the chair yesterday and it makes a very weird vibration when I lean with the back unlocked. I tried sending a video to the seller, but don't know how to show the vibration from video, because you need to sit on it to feel. I chat with the seller and he asks me to send the seat back for inspection. Do you know how to do return shipping and how much? TIA

bladez87 25-10-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnytann (Post 130469565)
Hi Delson, need your help a little here. Do you have any experience with the warranty? Because I just received the chair yesterday and it makes a very weird vibration when I lean with the back unlocked. I tried sending a video to the seller, but don't know how to show the vibration from video, because you need to sit on it to feel. I chat with the seller and he asks me to send the seat back for inspection. Do you know how to do return shipping and how much? TIA

OK... That's scary... You are the second person to complain of minor fault with chair

Sent from Xiaomi POCO F2 PRO using GAGT

freshvibes 25-10-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandinsky (Post 130453675)
Google "okamura finora singapore", seems like it's $1699

Wow, probably a HM competitor at that price.

delson_tan 26-10-2020 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnytann (Post 130469565)

Fortunately I do not have experience with that. Maybe if you can ask them if you could send only the back part without the legs so it will be cheaper?

Did you go thru ezbuy Prime? If so, you can try dispute with their customer service to settle for you.

Rock_Lobster 26-10-2020 10:11 AM

Currently using a Haworth Fern, anyone got any tips on how to clean the seat of the chair? Some days quite hot then my chair got sweat smell :(:(:(

batniss 26-10-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock_Lobster (Post 130475521)
Currently using a Haworth Fern, anyone got any tips on how to clean the seat of the chair? Some days quite hot then my chair got sweat smell :(:(:(

Lol :s13:. Sweat smell.

johnnytann 26-10-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delson_tan (Post 130473369)
Fortunately I do not have experience with that. Maybe if you can ask them if you could send only the back part without the legs so it will be cheaper?

Did you go thru ezbuy Prime? If so, you can try dispute with their customer service to settle for you.

The back doesn't have any mechanism, it is from the mechanism under the seat. And now that the seat is press fitted very tightly to the base, I can't remove it unless using a hammer to knock it out or wrench to pull it out, but afraid will spoil it further and later the seller says I'm the one who caused the issue. Do you know how much to ship the seat back? Because I think it is the heaviest part, like at least 15kg.

Yes shipped using Ezbuy Prime, I already contacted Ezbuy Prime and they just outright told me to settle with the merchant. They say because it is not a prime eligible item, but considered Ezship using prime membership, so it's not applicable for compensation or return since is a manufacture defect and not a damaged from shipping.

johnnytann 26-10-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladez87 (Post 130469909)
OK... That's scary... You are the second person to complain of minor fault with chair

Sent from Xiaomi POCO F2 PRO using GAGT

Is there someone with the same issue? Did he/she manage to settle it? The vibration is quite irritating, don't know how to describe it, like it gets stuck momentarily on and off in many many short sections when I am leaning, becoming like a vibration. I'm using back my old Ikea chair now...

Parka 26-10-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_situ (Post 130420030)
Has anyone tried Ergotune Supreme? Any thoughts about it?

Just got this.

My old chair was a gaming style chair with high back and cushion. Ergotune Supreme is a noticeable improvement.

The arc mesh does provide good support on the lower back. I could feel it pushing against my back. Compared to cushion, my back just sinks in. It's only now, unfortunately, that I know and feel the difference.

If you want to take short naps on the chair, get the one with neck rest. You'll also need something to prop up your legs when napping.

Rock_Lobster 26-10-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 130476919)
Lol :s13:. Sweat smell.

Too used to siting with 1 leg up on the chair :s22: Hard to break the habit :s22::s22:

Koenig168 26-10-2020 01:50 PM

You can spray Febreze (it's a fabric freshener and available at NTUC), works well on most smells.