www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

Ark Law 03-12-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltstorm (Post 131189094)
Where did you get them from? Was the upholstery cleaned? My concerned with used chairs is...do I really want to sit in a chair someone else has sweated and farted in for the last few years? :s13:

Leap V1 - from a used furniture business ($150)
Leap V2 - from a used furniture business ($260)
Leap V1 HBV - from an expat living in a 24/7 aircon apartment ($150)
*excl delivery/transport costs

All the chairs upholstery were clean when I got them. Gave them a good vacuum over with my Miele when I got them anyway. Besides, I'm used to sitting on shared chairs in school, so not an issue for me anyway. In fact, there's now more wear/friction marks on the fabric than when I first got them :D

If I'm gonna buy another used Leap, I'd be more concerned with the state of the foam tbh. Since the V2 has thinner, plushier foam, I'd advise anyone looking for used Leaps to try the chair you're buying first unless you're fine rolling the dice like me :s13:

I really like the foam used in the V1s. Not as soft, but they're thicker and feel like proper durable stuff that's made like the good old days.

MaoZeDuo 03-12-2020 12:32 PM

Thanks for the sharing. Yea, the headrest for leapv2 is uncomfortable for me as it seems to cater for taller builds. Will check out humanscale freedom... This is the one from TakeASeat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ark Law (Post 131189070)
Have to bear in mind my used Leap V2 is over 9 years old. Despite being lighter, it still has no squeaks or noises unlike the V1s. For me personally, I find the adjustable lumbar painful on the V2 so I've removed it. Weirdly, it's totally fine on my V1 highback. That aside, the arch on the V2 is definitely more natural feeling to my back than the V1.

Afaik, Steelcase SG online website by default comes with the hard floor castors. You should be able to customise it when ordering through company or buying from Steelcase directly. If I were spashing $1k+, I'd consider looking at the Humanscale Freedom with headrest. The headrest on that is much better integrated and ergonomic unlike the Leap. Although one loses out on Steelcase's superior armrests.



Freedom @ 8:25
Leap V2 @ 11:07


kurenai 04-12-2020 05:10 PM

How to contact Atwood (ergohuman retailer) regarding chair problem?
Emailed them but no reply after 3 days

Kenny_Naboo 04-12-2020 05:17 PM

Anybody here with experiences with the Humanscale Freedom headrest?
How does it stack up against an Aeron?

wenyo91 06-12-2020 04:47 PM

Hi all. Need some advice here.

Yesterday I went to some shops recommended in this thread to try some of the ergonomic chairs. The shops and chair models I tried were:
1) Ergotune: Classic and Supreme
2) Comfort furniture: lost count
3) Benel: Wonder, Kontuur, Aeria
4) Takeaseat: lost count
5) Ergomeister: FAEZ5ERG and FAEZ8ERG
6) UMD: lost count

I have narrowed down my choices to:
1) Ergotune: Supreme ($599)
2) Benel: Wonder ($595) and Kontuur ($795)
3) Takeaseat: Sail basic with legrest ($499)

In terms of build qualities, I felt that Benel were solid, followed by Ergotune, and lastly Takeaseat.

Comfort wise, I felt they were more or less the same though Kontuur stood out the most (but not so much on the price - to be frank, I never thought I'll be spending more than $300 on a chair so pardon me on my hesitation).

I understand that Benel's Wonder and Kontuur will only be officially launched in Jan 2021, so it makes sense that there's no reviews for these 2 chairs. For Ergotune, the reviews were mostly sponsored and, I felt, heavy advertising for Ergotune? No reviews for Takeaseat.

So may I ask for your advice/user experience to see which chair in my list is more valuable and durable to purchase?

Thanks in advance! :)

queerquirks 06-12-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wenyo91 (Post 131244595)

I have narrowed down my choices to:
1) Ergotune: Supreme ($599)
2) Benel: Wonder ($595) and Kontuur ($795)
3) Takeaseat: Sail basic with legrest ($499)

In terms of build qualities, I felt that Benel were solid, followed by Ergotune, and lastly Takeaseat.

Comfort wise, I felt they were more or less the same though Kontuur stood out the most (but not so much on the price - to be frank, I never thought I'll be spending more than $300 on a chair so pardon me on my hesitation).

I understand that Benel's Wonder and Kontuur will only be officially launched in Jan 2021, so it makes sense that there's no reviews for these 2 chairs. For Ergotune, the reviews were mostly sponsored and, I felt, heavy advertising for Ergotune? No reviews for Takeaseat.

So may I ask for your advice/user experience to see which chair in my list is more valuable and durable to purchase?

Thanks in advance!
:)

Why not just try Ergohuman instead of Ergotune and Ergomeister whom are local brands copying it without an attractive pricing. Although I think the 2 brands has more features (?) at the cost of lower build quality.

Can't rmb if its both sites but their website is like recent trend of having a small slide in banner every few minutes proclaiming a product being Add to cart or purchased. How to trust...

Takeaseat warranty is quite short iirc, 2 years? Shows the faith the company have. But if price right and fits your body shape then up to you.

For me I was going to get an Ergotune and planned to test but a friend upfront told me don't bother cause of the build quality. So I gotten a Ergohuman Project instead. Can't compare but what I feel for this model is well built, mesh is not prickly and comfortable to sit on for long hours. Mesh quite firm but got slight bounce. Put a old tee shirt over back rest and still not warm (fan on but not directly at me, usually towards to the side). No forward tilt, lumbar adjustment and 4d armrest, only 3d

FinalDestiny... 07-12-2020 01:25 AM

I went down to ergotune and tested their chairs.. the moving mechanism is so jerky. Not impressed, but YMMV. The mesh is rather thin as well.

Planning to go to takeaseat and Benel to take a look..

tc4237 07-12-2020 10:33 AM

Benel should be good. They supply to offices. That's how I came across that brand.

wenyo91 07-12-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queerquirks (Post 131245340)
Why not just try Ergohuman instead of Ergotune and Ergomeister whom are local brands copying it without an attractive pricing. Although I think the 2 brands has more features (?) at the cost of lower build quality.

Can't rmb if its both sites but their website is like recent trend of having a small slide in banner every few minutes proclaiming a product being Add to cart or purchased. How to trust...

Takeaseat warranty is quite short iirc, 2 years? Shows the faith the company have. But if price right and fits your body shape then up to you.

For me I was going to get an Ergotune and planned to test but a friend upfront told me don't bother cause of the build quality. So I gotten a Ergohuman Project instead. Can't compare but what I feel for this model is well built, mesh is not prickly and comfortable to sit on for long hours. Mesh quite firm but got slight bounce. Put a old tee shirt over back rest and still not warm (fan on but not directly at me, usually towards to the side). No forward tilt, lumbar adjustment and 4d armrest, only 3d


I didn't try Ergohuman cause it was out of my budget. The cheapest and basic one for Ergohuman is $699. I know I can get it from TB at a slightly cheaper price but I'm not keen to go through the hassel if there's something wrong with the chair (I know probability is low, but never know my luck). Nevertheless, thanks for your suggestion I will still check them out to test it. Probably after testing it might change my mind and increase my budget?

wenyo91 07-12-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinalDestiny... (Post 131252742)
I went down to ergotune and tested their chairs.. the moving mechanism is so jerky. Not impressed, but YMMV. The mesh is rather thin as well.

Planning to go to takeaseat and Benel to take a look..

I think the mechanism for classic version is jerky and lacking while supreme version seems alot better but doesn't really justify the pricetag of $599.

xDragon 07-12-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by queerquirks (Post 131245340)
Why not just try Ergohuman instead of Ergotune and Ergomeister whom are local brands copying it without an attractive pricing. Although I think the 2 brands has more features (?) at the cost of lower build quality.

Can't rmb if its both sites but their website is like recent trend of having a small slide in banner every few minutes proclaiming a product being Add to cart or purchased. How to trust...

Takeaseat warranty is quite short iirc, 2 years? Shows the faith the company have. But if price right and fits your body shape then up to you.

For me I was going to get an Ergotune and planned to test but a friend upfront told me don't bother cause of the build quality. So I gotten a Ergohuman Project instead. Can't compare but what I feel for this model is well built, mesh is not prickly and comfortable to sit on for long hours. Mesh quite firm but got slight bounce. Put a old tee shirt over back rest and still not warm (fan on but not directly at me, usually towards to the side). No forward tilt, lumbar adjustment and 4d armrest, only 3d

What was your reasoning to get the Project over the Classic or Elite Plus instead?

sseah12 07-12-2020 03:20 PM

Just try it.. I went to try it.. The best balance features / $ is the project
Quote:

Originally Posted by xDragon (Post 131261245)
What was your reasoning to get the Project over the Classic or Elite Plus instead?


queerquirks 07-12-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xDragon (Post 131261245)
What was your reasoning to get the Project over the Classic or Elite Plus instead?

wanted classic but then purchased project first during the black friday sale and lazy to cancel and request for the voucher again.

never really go into the differences between the models. 1 diff I remember is more aluminum material for the higher price models. Although I think some have adjustable lumbar support (?), seat pan depth, and headrest depth

As above mentioned, project is best balanced for cost/features and it fits me well. Waterfall seat is something I never knew was important.

Only gripe is the lack of headrest depth, i can tilt my head back to rest my neck/head but no support while sitting straight to work, especially since head will tend to droop forward while working even if back and shoulders straight.

tc4237 07-12-2020 07:20 PM

Woah... Why carousel got so many 2nd hand cheap aerons?

sTiCkY 08-12-2020 01:51 AM

very tempted to get the ergotune :(


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.