Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

jyyj87

Master Member
Reaction score
Nobody is doubting.. Everyone got different preferences and body types.best is go and try.. If the Embody is so ******* good it would be the top selling instead of aeron.. No? Lol

i think more people buy Aeron due to the mesh back and seat.. more suitable for our climate.

the Embody looks way more comfy to be honest.. but i think its gonna be very warm if not used in an aircon environment.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aeron has a stronger reputation with its iconic look and was a breakthough with its mesh. Of course has larger sales la.
Embody came out in 2009 and was immediately recog as their most comfy chair ever leh. It's always priced much higher. It was and probably still is the most premium task chair in their range other than the luxy Eames series.

Aeron's old design also had problem in the arm, the old design is different. Redesigned liao.

If really got widespread problem, HM should be corrected the issue at production stage to keep the chairs from coming back. Scare what? Like that also can nitpick. haha. :o

badbad2000

Reaction score
jGZEtDi.jpg

Comfy meh?

I've this piece I put in my guest room collect dust for a decade liao. Never sit on it much but still here and there spoilt.

The Lumbar pad always slide out of position until i don't care.

The headrest, as you can see warp liao.

The mesh is like normal polyester weaving, not comfy on the skin. Feel abit cheap.

The tilt tension is cmi, damn loose, no bouncy effects nor much resistence. The tilt mechanism spoilt and repaired before then on off spoilt again, which i no longer bother.

The arm if pulled up, must use mallet to knock it down, always stuck.

The only thing good is the leather seat still preserved rather well, cause I'm using some balm from Hermes to wipe it regularly.

In term of comfort, I think Embody chair is still the most comfy. :o

I use in office. so far ok. embody for me not comfortable and seating area too big for me. HM is different price category and not everyone can afford. always have alternative. HM chair also not really that lasting if not those 2nd and used will not have complain.

Cyno505

Reaction score
Anyone here using Benel, Aeria full mesh high back chair with arm rest? Any feedback? Thanks.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think more people buy Aeron due to the mesh back and seat.. more suitable for our climate.

the Embody looks way more comfy to be honest.. but i think its gonna be very warm if not used in an aircon environment.

Sitting on embody in office and Aeron remastered at home. Aeron is much better. Embody’s lumbar support is not adjustable and is too low for me.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isn't Think chair in about the same price category as the previous Classic Aeron.

VQB7ddf.png

ovdGynP.png

Think is cmi. I have 3 think chairs at home also not using anymore, barely any lumbar support at all. My maxed out Aeron is 2k+ in sgd, a lot more ex than maxed out Think. Aeron’s Steel case equivalent is more like leap or gesture. Think is one of their lowest end chair.

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
Think is cmi. I have 3 think chairs at home also not using anymore, barely any lumbar support at all. My maxed out Aeron is 2k+ in sgd, a lot more ex than maxed out Think. Aeron’s Steel case equivalent is more like leap or gesture. Think is one of their lowest end chair.

what? u got 3 of these chairs at home cost $2000+ and not using anymore?

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$300-$400 chair is also alot. what makes u want to buy this kind of chair. i bought a chair from ikea for $109 and i used them for >10 years.

I sit on my chair in front of computer almost all the time. Better back support is important. 2k+ is much cheaper than fixing back issue later on.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cant imagine u guys spend $900+ on a chair. shock me to the core.
That $900+ is USD and that price was few years ago i think, now should be much higher.

In SG is selling almost 2k.
Nothing shocking, your back only have one and you will know the price is worth it or not when your back starting to give you problems and the ortho telling you got money also cannot cure. :o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sitting on embody in office and Aeron remastered at home. Aeron is much better. Embody’s lumbar support is not adjustable and is too low for me.
Initially tot so.

But my slipped disc came out again few yrs back as I was carrying something heavy. Mine is S4 to L1, had this since young cause I did a lot of sports.

Embody - Zero pain. Embody don't have a lumbar support piece, it's the whole backframe flexes to the shape you set it. My mom who has a clearly visible S shape spine, severe scoliosis also prefer this.

Aeron's posturefit also good but feel is different and not so comfy on the skin, esp the old Aeron design. At home with shorts, definitely Embody. My Aeron is placed in the office. :o

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Support is have, but not very ergo for me.
My slipped disc parts hurt on it.

The support also slips here and there out of position.
The other steelcase chairs all with very thick cushion or foam de, don't like. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.