www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

Tombstonewan 28-01-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 132220470)
Does anyone have experience with Haworth Fern's seat sinking when seated and bouncing back up when you leave the seat?

I weigh 70kg and did not have such experience with other office chairs.

There are some chairs that have these design features. Knoll
Chadwick is another example. The design allows you to sit onto chair, which will sink a little, to give a feel like you are sitting on a cloud, releasing the tensions on you bum. But that chair is fabric mesh, not full fabric upholstery like fern. Best to check with them in case the piston is faulty

kandinsky 28-01-2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 132226904)
Had mine less than 3 months, I find it strange that it will sink when seated. Even my cheap office chair doesn't do that and Haworth side is saying that it's a standard feature. I am feeling let down by their terrible warranty service.

Never tried before, so I looked up videos to try to see what you mean.

Is it similar to what can be seen in these videos?

At 3:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brbipUvkNYw

at 1:11

at 0:30 and 2:59

If it's the same as seen in the videos then at least you know they're not BS-ing you about it being a feature. If yours is more pronounced, then maybe there really is a fault. Can try recording and sending them a video so they can assess the difference. Did you try before you bought and the demo piece didn't have this?

Koenig168 28-01-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have experience with Haworth Fern's seat sinking when seated and bouncing back up when you leave the seat?

Happened to me with the Herman Miller Aeron, both the one in the office and the one at home. I just fiddle around with the vertical adjustment a bit and the issue went away.

icyheart 28-01-2021 04:10 PM

Totally new to this world, but my company may be issuing $700-800 WFH allowance to claim and I was thinking of getting a good ergonomic chair.

What would the experts here recommend?

hyperfuse 28-01-2021 05:43 PM

https://i.ibb.co/55D9qSc/Whats-App-I...13-53-02-1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/1vVZH58/Whats-App-I...t-13-53-02.jpg

This chairs look aesthetically pleasing.. from china. Supposedly an Eames replica. Option to have PU leather, genuine leather and top grain leather

Not sure ergonomic but reviews put it comfy by customers who bought haha.

emmjayfreee 28-01-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReinhartX (Post 132218403)
Just a feedback from using Benel Wonder for those who are considering.

Its been about 3 months since I got it and gotta admit that I am pleased with it so far.

Previously was using a random 200 dollar office chair that wasnt exactly comfortable and caused discomfort on my back.

Pros
1) The seating is really comfortable and you can feel the cushion, on its mesh covering.
2) No more back discomfort even after hours of sitting
3) doesnt exactly cause me to sit straight but it is better than my previous chair

Cons
1) Considering my height at 1.8m its hard to use headrest especially if you lock the seat not to lean back.

The feedback is based on me locking the chair rather than being able to let it loose and lean back since I am not a fan of it

But overall I am satisfied with this purchase. Cant say much about the durability yet but there are no problems so far

By "hard to use" did you mean that you're too tall for it? Because I'm 1.9m so if that's the case for you, I might have it even worse.

Columbian78 28-01-2021 11:57 PM

Quote:

I have a 3 months old fern and i don't have this issue. It will definitely sink like a few mm (my butt gauge) which is the case in all such chairs I had sat on.

ReinhartX 29-01-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmjayfreee (Post 132235899)
By "hard to use" did you mean that you're too tall for it? Because I'm 1.9m so if that's the case for you, I might have it even worse.

that is correct, also considering my upper back is slouched abit due to bad habits.

but this apply only to if you lock the chair not to lean backwards....if you lean backwards often shouldnt be a big problem.

Then again best is to try out in the showroom

win_man 30-01-2021 09:44 PM

Just tried Aeron at Xtra.. where do you guys get your HM from?

hell92 31-01-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koenig168 (Post 132231064)
Happened to me with the Herman Miller Aeron, both the one in the office and the one at home. I just fiddle around with the vertical adjustment a bit and the issue went away.

I had an Aeron, it didn't happen to me though. I think this issue is not that it sinks when you sit on it, but it happens a bit later, which makes it a very weird kind of feeling.

Koenig168 31-01-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 132281574)
I had an Aeron, it didn't happen to me though. I think this issue is not that it sinks when you sit on it, but it happens a bit later, which makes it a very weird kind of feeling.

That is different then. Didn't have that problem.

Maybe cut back on the beer and fries? :s13:

purpleberry 31-01-2021 04:27 PM

Any Aeron-like recommendations? Need a secondary chair with good lumbar support. Mesh is important. So far come across Ergohuman Mesh. Recommended?

tc4237 31-01-2021 05:33 PM

Either that or ergotune or benel aeria.

Just listing the various possibilities.

winthony 01-02-2021 02:28 AM

anyone know any good fabric/seat cushion cleaner?

made a mistake using wet towel to wipe down my haworth zody's seat cushion and how it has ugly water marks...

the backrest also got 1 spot i think got one "line" of dirt mark.

Thanks in advance!!!

purpleberry 01-02-2021 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4237 (Post 132286125)
Either that or ergotune or benel aeria.

Just listing the various possibilities.

Thanks. So the contenders are Ergohuman, Ergotune, and Aeria?