www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

urbanathlon 22-03-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severon (Post 119695274)
Thank you guys for your help. Got a second hand full loaded chair at 400 dollars. Really worth it for that price, hope it lasts long.

That time my office forgot bought 5 or 6 such used pieces.

3 spoilt in two years. 2 spoilt due to faulty gas cylinder. 1 don't know what happen, cannot tilt. There's no warranty so could only dump it.
Seller offered to change with some China brand gas spring at Iirc $200, warranty only one month or so. Didn't proceed cause China gas springs known to explode.

Apparently, these chairs are imported from liquidated companies in USA seat by the enormously fat amdk, but in USA such second hand are also sold on various sites so no reason to send to SG.

So I conclude that those cannot of the cannot make it lot are exported away then refurbished with a fresh coat of paint,if you lucky maybe can get local units that might be less abused. But I doubt there are many of such big companies that uplorry.

evq 22-03-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbanathlon (Post 119831974)
You can't stay put already suggest that it's not as comfortable liao. I doze off on my Aeron almost everyday at night. :)

It's not I can't stay put. It's becos the back rest of the chair cannot decline as low as my dxracer. So I don't nap on it. I can sit on aeron the whole day.

Anyway, my reply was referring to the Atlas headrest.

shadow84 22-03-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PholkLorr (Post 119768691)
bought from "luzhang" on carousell. the warehouse is at Linked@amk. i think i took the last mira1 chair liao. she said last 1. gave discount cause the mesh had a small defect (sort of like another chair had hit it and there was a small 20cents patch where the mesh have slight damage). She sells 2016 aerons for $800.

Any difference between the 2016 Aeron and Mirra? Also, am i able to buy the latest headrest and mount onto Aeron/Mirra?

testerjp 22-03-2019 02:43 PM

Got once when my slipped disc recur from an accident.
My back hurts like fug and I took the opportunity to try out various chairs to test out which works. Mirra and Sayl really don't elevate the pain much, especially Sayl chair.

If the purpose is for your back, I suggest stick to the Aeron or Embody chair. Only Aeron can fit the third party headrest. :o

chaoprokia 22-03-2019 11:55 PM

looking at luzhang herman miller aeron. looks alot cheaper $800

wkweksl 23-03-2019 07:33 AM

luzhang's hm aeron any warranty?

Hua_Hui 23-03-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwh_sg (Post 119528521)
I bought this to replaced the wheel casters. Very worth it. Used for 4 years already and still ok. Last time I bought from Apres Marketing before taobao came into my life was chop carrot chop robert price ($14.5 before GST, each wheel :eek:).

https://vgy.me/kwlDd5.jpg

ty. bought a few sets at TB hope they're good

Pepperisk 23-03-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkweksl (Post 119845111)
luzhang's hm aeron any warranty?

Bought from luzhang. Lady that sold to me say got 6 months warranty from herself.

testerjp 23-03-2019 10:30 AM

If the warranty is only 6months, sounds not confident in their product.

If they are refurbishing with those china gas cylinders, then totally not worth to take the risk IMO. :o

Swiftbladez 23-03-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urbanathlon (Post 119832277)
That time my office forgot bought 5 or 6 such used pieces.

3 spoilt in two years. 2 spoilt due to faulty gas cylinder. 1 don't know what happen, cannot tilt. There's no warranty so could only dump it.
Seller offered to change with some China brand gas spring at Iirc $200, warranty only one month or so. Didn't proceed cause China gas springs known to explode.

Apparently, these chairs are imported from liquidated companies in USA seat by the enormously fat amdk, but in USA such second hand are also sold on various sites so no reason to send to SG.

So I conclude that those cannot of the cannot make it lot are exported away then refurbished with a fresh coat of paint,if you lucky maybe can get local units that might be less abused. But I doubt there are many of such big companies that uplorry.

A lot of local companies using HM Aeron also. The bank back offices in Changi I seen, all HM Aeron. Could be from them too.

kingkongpingpong 23-03-2019 12:06 PM

the aeron chairs are really something else. regarding the seller luzhang i never dealt with her before. but on her carousell listing it states manufactured in 2016 but she give 6 months personal warranty?? sounds a bit sketchy. hm chairs are known for 12 years warranty period so either

1) she is a office staff who bought all these chairs during office move and dont know much about the warranty hence anyhow quote 6 months warranty
2) they are refurbished chairs with aftermarket parts hence no full warranty coverage

but if im paying $800 for it i will insist on having the remaining lifespan warranty from HM. otherwise can just buy the $400 aeron's that come up on carousell.

testerjp 23-03-2019 12:20 PM

Iirc I went to this Luzhang office before, near Paya Lebar side.

The fellow don't allow photos and very secretive de. I remember he told me it's imported.
I did not buy in the end cause I see most of the conditions are quite jialat. Lucky man. :o

MaoZeDuo 23-03-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 119849059)
Iirc I went to this Luzhang office before, near Paya Lebar side.

The fellow don't allow photos and very secretive de. I remember he told me it's imported.
I did not buy in the end cause I see most of the conditions are quite jialat. Lucky man. :o

Where did u get urs?

jarred1223 23-03-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkongpingpong (Post 119848850)
the aeron chairs are really something else. regarding the seller luzhang i never dealt with her before. but on her carousell listing it states manufactured in 2016 but she give 6 months personal warranty?? sounds a bit sketchy. hm chairs are known for 12 years warranty period so either

1) she is a office staff who bought all these chairs during office move and dont know much about the warranty hence anyhow quote 6 months warranty
2) they are refurbished chairs with aftermarket parts hence no full warranty coverage

but if im paying $800 for it i will insist on having the remaining lifespan warranty from HM. otherwise can just buy the $400 aeron's that come up on carousell.

she's just a reseller. she got her stocks of HM from offices that moved out. usually bank offices use HM, once office close somehow they get the lobang to buy all the chairs in bulk.

I bought my steelcase leap from her. lasted for 2 yrs then the gas spring spoil.

urbanathlon 24-03-2019 01:34 AM

Ok look like I'm not the only one with gas spring spoilt from these second-hand units.

The dozens of pieces my office had for 10 years, none had this problem.
The 5 add on second-hand units we got, initially thought of cost saving, had various types of big and small issues.

Not sure if the original parts was swapped out or what.