Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

KoChi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
damn the moment I decided to buy Aeron.. the price went up again.

KwayChup

Reaction score
I know hm,haworth and Steelcase are the first to go recommendation for chairs but perhaps we should come out with a list of chairs under $500?

Shahmatt

Reaction score
For WFH I bought a Ikea Lilhojden chair. It came in the mail yesterday. Needed a simple chair which does not occupy too much space.

It is comfortable, but seems too warm in my non a/c room. I get sweaty butt.

Any idea if this can be fixed?

Should have read this thread sooner. Now seems like I may have to return.

KwayChup

Reaction score
Good idea. Second-hand not included.

True, if only those big manufacturers produces a more mid-range kind of chairs, not everyone needs a super high end one, a chair that's above average will normally be fine for most. Those no-brands chairs from furniture stores simply doesn't justify the price tag based on their build quality :(

meschan

Reaction score
I know hm,haworth and Steelcase are the first to go recommendation for chairs but perhaps we should come out with a list of chairs under $500?

I'm using a Benithem Curve, not sure if anybody uses it here, sturdy chair with height adjustable, tilt locking. can't rmb the price but its around 300+ to 400+

Vulpix

Reaction score
I'm using a Benithem Curve, not sure if anybody uses it here, sturdy chair with height adjustable, tilt locking. can't rmb the price but its around 300+ to 400+
Their chairs look good, the Body chair mechanism looks very close to Steelcase chair mechanism too. I'll go check them out when ** is over, so far I've sat on a lot of chairs. :s22: Kokuyo, Herman Miller, Steelcase, Haworth, SecretLab (pui), TakeASeat Sail and Ergoworks. Benitherm looks interesting too.

Last edited:

Soya_Bean

Master Member
Reaction score
damn the moment I decided to buy Aeron.. the price went up again.

Even tho you've missed it at $1,599, currently it's still a good deal at $1,689.50.

If not for this importer the price will be $1,899 (unwanted imports) or XTRA at over $2,000.

Shopee now selling Aeron for 1.7k worth?

Current lowest price at $1,689.50, it was selling at $1,599 for like a few weeks.

i_dun_understand

Reaction score
I used to have some budget mesh chair and I often also topless. Maybe due to the humid weather or dirt..etc i noticed I have non-itchy rashes spot on my back.

I also noticed mesh chair can see the dust clearly in the mesh after some time. Not sure how you guys clean it.

any particular reason?

i'm using the aeron and i'm usually topless in this godforsaken weather. the mesh is pretty comfortable on bare skin.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to have some budget mesh chair and I often also topless. Maybe due to the humid weather or dirt..etc i noticed I have non-itchy rashes spot on my back.

I also noticed mesh chair can see the dust clearly in the mesh after some time. Not sure how you guys clean it.

cheap mesh vs quality got diff.

if Aeron, no problem lying bare 1.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.