www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

gibson 06-05-2020 01:31 PM

Waiting for S7 reviews as well! Like what was mentioned earlier, kinda risky to fork out that amount of money for a chair without reviews! :D

CXXXXXXD 06-05-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gibson (Post 126904745)
Waiting for S7 reviews as well! Like what was mentioned earlier, kinda risky to fork out that amount of money for a chair without reviews! :D

I also felt the same. There's not much info online about the brand and product and i assume it's UI's own brand.

The few things that helped with my decision was:
- Currently sitting on Ikea chair (cheaper series) and can feel my back & neck hurt. Also developed bad posture sitting and standing.
- Needed a comfortable chair that can match Aeron's from my ex-work place
- Hoping not to fork out nearly 2k on a new Aeron, and paying upwards of 700 for >10 years old used Aeron
- Not willing to try other cheaper alternatives from brands i don't trust (e.g. Ikea, Vhive)
- UI seems to have very good reputation selling/handling Aeron's so i think i trust them more (than other brands) even with a new product.
- Money saved from new Aeron can be put to improve other areas that will help with posture like a monitor arm to raise the monitor to a more comfortable height or maybe a larger desk.

That said, if you have money to burn the Aeron's are a no brainer. Like the previous poster, my ex-coy used Aeron's and we no give chance one. A lot of BBFA and those chairs easily lasted 15 years of abuse. When i first sat on it i even smirked like "what's so great about this chair." Few years later when i moved on to another company, the first day i was already missing the Aeron and kind of regretting the move.

CXXXXXXD 06-05-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 126904320)
How come suddenly so many people bought the chair sia. Still anyone can advice which castors option and what kind of flooring ?

Quite surprised myself to find so many others blind faith like me and ordered :s13:

I went with hard casters for my tiled floor.

Asakura 06-05-2020 02:10 PM

new aeron doesn't cost 2k though haha

Vulpix 06-05-2020 03:48 PM

I got no balls to order a chair I don't have a chance to sit. :s13:

DriftKing 06-05-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpix (Post 126907969)
I got no balls to order a chair I don't have a chance to sit. :s13:

Both model oos liao

ringrain_78 06-05-2020 04:22 PM

Since working from home is likely to be a norm in the future, wife would like to buy an office chair for my birthday. I am not in the market for a HM chair but any comments about this;

https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/images/pr...591_S5.JPG?f=s

solomon3000 06-05-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXXXXXXD (Post 126905496)
I also felt the same. There's not much info online about the brand and product and i assume it's UI's own brand.

The few things that helped with my decision was:
- Currently sitting on Ikea chair (cheaper series) and can feel my back & neck hurt. Also developed bad posture sitting and standing.
- Needed a comfortable chair that can match Aeron's from my ex-work place
- Hoping not to fork out nearly 2k on a new Aeron, and paying upwards of 700 for >10 years old used Aeron
- Not willing to try other cheaper alternatives from brands i don't trust (e.g. Ikea, Vhive)
- UI seems to have very good reputation selling/handling Aeron's so i think i trust them more (than other brands) even with a new product.
- Money saved from new Aeron can be put to improve other areas that will help with posture like a monitor arm to raise the monitor to a more comfortable height or maybe a larger desk.

That said, if you have money to burn the Aeron's are a no brainer. Like the previous poster, my ex-coy used Aeron's and we no give chance one. A lot of BBFA and those chairs easily lasted 15 years of abuse. When i first sat on it i even smirked like "what's so great about this chair." Few years later when i moved on to another company, the first day i was already missing the Aeron and kind of regretting the move.

My ex company office only uses steel series and Aeron and we easily have thousands of them around, many of them quite old already but still in very good condition. Like you I am not prepared to shell out 2k per chair, compared to SL garbage I have more faith in S7.

halocast 06-05-2020 06:13 PM

chairworker looks nice..

too bad out of stock :o

CXXXXXXD 06-05-2020 06:37 PM

I received my S7 today. Spent quite some time getting it out of the box. Will post impressions later.

KwayChup 06-05-2020 08:01 PM

Those who got S7 can take photo along w detailed review? Thanks!

vamprose 06-05-2020 08:46 PM

looking forward to the (hopefully) neutral reviews! thanks for biting the bullet hahah

White dawn 06-05-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXXXXXXD (Post 126911352)
I received my S7 today. Spent quite some time getting it out of the box. Will post impressions later.

look forward to your review

CXXXXXXD 06-05-2020 10:02 PM

Ok. Time for first impression. Do note when i use HM Aeron as reference it's based on my experience with the old version (not remastered) which i last touched 4 years ago. So it's loosely based on my fading memory.

So let's get to the important part.

Out of the box:
- The chair looks good just like in the product pics.
- Hard casters work really nice and smooth on my homogeneous tiles.
- There were some brown dust on some parts of the frame which i felt they should have at least cleaned up after assembling in factory. Dust got swept away pretty easily but already gave me some negative feeling of what was about to come.
- What made it worse was while pushing the chair to my room, i noticed the back and arm rest unit wobbles easily leading me to suspect that they did not assemble properly.
- By now the excitement of exploring my new "toy" has worn off and turned into "Ok let's see how much worse this can be."

Quality:
- The materials used seems good.
- The quality/type of the plastic frame shell and adjustment levers reminds me of Aeron.
- Arm rest pad is some kind of good rubbery plastic which is less warm than leather and won't absorb sweat.
- Mesh material has more fabric cotton feel and gentle on bare skin. Like previous poster i recall old Aeron's mesh more plasticky feel.

Comfort:
- Seems to be very customizable. Notable adjustments are seat depth, lumber height, arm rest 3D movement just like old Aeron. However, additional functions like back rest tilt tension, and the side tilt are bonuses over old Aeron. I have always found chairs with loose back seat tilt to be annoying and usually set them to no tilt. But since i can adjust the tension on S7, it sort of behaves like a very firm suspension and cushions my back when i lean back after losing a game.

- Lumber support. On old Aeron, the lumbar support facing the mesh side is hard plastic. On S7, this part is soft firm rubber plastic. Kind of like those plastic insulation curtain sheets found in cold kitchens. Might be softer on the feel for those who prefer. Would have been nice if depth can be adjusted for this.

- Side tilt. This came as a surprise. Side tilt allows more freedom in movement while still offering support to your posture. If you're in lazy mood and just want to sit back and watch a movie or game, you are still able to stretch your waist and tilt a little to the sides while the rest of your body rest lazily on the head rest and arm rest. This is a plus for me as i can see myself needing much less times to stand up and stretch my upper body. I do wish that they could add tension adjustment for this and also a toggle to on/off.

- Seat front tilt. This function seems to work well in conjunction with back rest tilt. When leaning back, the seat front tilt allows your hip and butt to straighten approx. 35-45 degrees forward so that your body can lay more straight. I have no need for this function but think it'll benefit those who likes to laze and sleep on the chair. Oh also if you like to piak piak on chairs this function will benefit you.

- Head rest. Nothing much to comment on this. You can adjust the height by pulling/pushing it up/down. The adjustment is pretty stiff and takes many tries to get it at my desired height. Would have been nice if the "teeth" is smoother and easier to maneuver and perhaps add a depth adjustment and lock. But if this is included without extra charge then no complains i'll live with it.

- Arm rest. Just like old Aeron this has the "3D" adjustment of height, angle, and depth. But also like old Aeron the angle and depth can't be locked which used to annoy me as i like to pull the chair towards me from the arm rest and this action accidentally move the angle and depth which i have to re-adjust after sitting down. That said, this isn't a big issue and may not affect other users.

Ok. The time it took me to think and write this out while sitting on the chair. A summary of my first impression for today is the quality and basic function of this chair and the posture support if offers definitely hits around 3/4 of it's price. There are certain areas highlighted (above) that i wish was improved on or added but that may also mean increased prices which i may not appreciate.

The bells and whistles like the side tilt has bigger potential to hit way more than the remaining 1/4 of it's price. So all in all i'm very happy with the S7 now and it meets my expectations and only time will tell if it can exceed more.

IntelFlash 06-05-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jermynwee (Post 126899084)
What do you think of the Artificum?

Not bad. I've a few slipped discs at around L4 to S1, 1 is sciatica. My left thigh will hurt if I sit for long or badly. So far I don't feel any aches, so that's a good sign.

I slouch a lot and if i tilt all the way, the Aeron will have a gap behind.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.