www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

batniss 08-05-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasyrulz (Post 126942873)
Just got my Aeron from unwanted import.

Need sometime to get used to the mesh feel.

Overall I feel even though its very good but it is overpriced, similar ergonomic chair like ergoedge (Supreme) seats really well with very good lumbar support for only 559. I can vouch for this as I used it in my office down side is the mesh for ergoedge feels abit plasticky and rough and armrest is just normal at best.

Herman Miller Aeron upside is the build quality and the feel of material really top notch. The Mesh feels smooth and not plasticky which is very common for mesh chairs.
The armrest is the best very solid with posh and thick cushion, adjustment and swivel all feels very refine compared to the market armrest which normally is flimsy after afew months used and feels cheap overall.

If your considering in getting a aeron then get it secondhand instead

Other then that no complain as its top quality!

*EDIT

Just to add on 1 downside for aeron is that there is no tilt lock, only tilt limiter which really forces you to seat straight

how soon did u get it upon ordering?

halocast 08-05-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXXXXXXD (Post 126927336)
Not sure which part of the chair you want to see but here's a few photos.

https://i.imgur.com/sDR0VPs.jpg

Looks real good! :s12:

Asakura 08-05-2020 11:41 AM

thats the whole point of having an ergonomic chair?
Quote:

really forces you to seat straight

IntelFlash 08-05-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asakura (Post 126940944)

The link has referrals and looks like he is finding problem with the EN headrest. I did not do any cumbersome adjustments like he did when I got the headrest a few years ago.

fantasyrulz 08-05-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 126943470)
how soon did u get it upon ordering?

about 3 weeks they have no stocks now due to the lockdown from US
don't know if you can even order now anot

Swiftbladez 08-05-2020 12:47 PM

The unwanted imports OEM chair looks good!

flipenjoi 08-05-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 126938060)
Planning to buy another aeron, wife already taken over the chair. OMG....the chair really saves my back...

haha she knows the good stuffs too! hopefully you can get another cos the imports from US has stopped due to covid, may wanna drop the seller a holla asap

flipenjoi 08-05-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CXXXXXXD (Post 126941770)
Congrats Acer23 and Flipenjoi on your Aeron!

Wow Flipenjoi i see your system configuration power la.

Thanks! Really grateful that the setup makes the WFH experience really enjoyable and comfortable. In addition of the chair, total bliss!

New Eden 08-05-2020 02:00 PM

My $199 chair is here today. Took 1 week to deliver.

Comfy foam seat and good structure. Hope it last!

https://i.imgur.com/GK0jbUN.jpg

wilflare 08-05-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipenjoi (Post 126935514)
I am absolutely happy with my Aeron chair as well! arrived yesterday too! It is definitely metal for the frame of the chair

you got yours from unwanted or Shopee?

acer23 08-05-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipenjoi (Post 126946930)
haha she knows the good stuffs too! hopefully you can get another cos the imports from US has stopped due to covid, may wanna drop the seller a holla asap

Ordered.... wife wanted the mineral color one. bobian....

zacky1223 08-05-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Just got my Aeron from unwanted import.

Need sometime to get used to the mesh feel.

Overall I feel even though its very good but it is overpriced, similar ergonomic chair like ergoedge (Supreme) seats really well with very good lumbar support for only 559. I can vouch for this as I used it in my office down side is the mesh for ergoedge feels abit plasticky and rough and armrest is just normal at best.

Herman Miller Aeron upside is the build quality and the feel of material really top notch. The Mesh feels smooth and not plasticky which is very common for mesh chairs.
The armrest is the best very solid with posh and thick cushion, adjustment and swivel all feels very refine compared to the market armrest which normally is flimsy after afew months used and feels cheap overall.

If your considering in getting a aeron then get it secondhand instead

Other then that no complain as its top quality!

*EDIT

Just to add on 1 downside for aeron is that there is no tilt lock, only tilt limiter which really forces you to seat straight

Good choice! I am enjoying mine bought from shopee. Glad that it really helped during the wfh period. I can sit on my chair more comfortable:s13:.

spvnnn 08-05-2020 04:10 PM

Anybody here tried UMD chairs from lazada/shopee? The reviews on the site itself are good but cannot find anything about them anywhere else. This forum also nobody talking about them. Mainly loooking at the higher end ones (~$300)

songboh9696 08-05-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 126931318)
Just received my Aeron yesterday!!! Very happy with it.

With the money you have spent, you better be lol.

bitsoffish 08-05-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spvnnn (Post 126950406)
Anybody here tried UMD chairs from lazada/shopee? The reviews on the site itself are good but cannot find anything about them anywhere else. This forum also nobody talking about them. Mainly loooking at the higher end ones (~$300)

i recently got one from shopee. the ~190bux full mesh one. Dont think full mesh chairs can come any much cheaper but the quality is kinda meh... its clearly one of those mass production chairs from a chinese factory.

The plastic frame has rough bits here and there. The legs are probably also slightly asymmetric, so the seat isnt level.

Will likely be replacing it with the S7 when it comes back in stock.