www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

sacredrays 22-11-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlkchan (Post 98122575)
Hi where did you buy the Ergohuman V2 and how much is it?

i think they mentioned apres, as seen from previous posts. around S$600 i guess..

torque6 24-12-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlkchan (Post 98122575)
Hi where did you buy the Ergohuman V2 and how much is it?

Apres Marketing. It's at Macpherson
Address: 9 Harrison Rd, Singapore 369651
Phone:6741 0009

Met up with the MD - Mr Ong and he did a demo on the chairs. Fantastic fella. Tried all the chairs in the show room and found the Ergohuman the most comfortable. Tried many chairs like steelcase, ikea, Lizo, korean brand but ErgoH is quite nice. The only problem is I find the lumbar too intrusive cos cannot adjust tension as it's spring loaded. The lumbar is attached to the backrest and thus is height adjustable only.

Other than that, the die cast finishing, simplistic design, nylon seat and back mesh makes it a good choice, plus the price is quite good 600+. Really cannot beat.

Will try Okamura Contessa next week at Cross Street. But heard earlier in the forum that it's 1,500.

torque6 24-12-2015 10:53 AM

By the way, the V2 is designed for asian frames; petite bodies. So it's slimmer.

fakeyou 24-12-2015 11:32 AM

got chair at 200 dollar?

2000 is crazy

idjekyll 24-12-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakeyou (Post 98841387)
got chair at 200 dollar?

2000 is crazy

Qoo10 has some ok looking ones for that price but the Ikea Malkolm isnt half bad at $148.

testerjp 24-12-2015 11:49 AM

I've slipped disc, S1 all the way to L4/5. When i tried the ergo chair, pain starts to come back after 10 mins. My back is like a ergonomic detector.

Even my ortho recommended Herman Miller.

sacredrays 24-12-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 98841784)
I've slipped disc, S1 all the way to L4/5. When i tried the ergo chair, pain starts to come back after 10 mins. My back is like a ergonomic detector.

so, you using which chair?

fakeyou 24-12-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idjekyll (Post 98841513)
Qoo10 has some ok looking ones for that price but the Ikea Malkolm isnt half bad at $148.

ikea alot chair sia

ranging from 79 to 5xx

testerjp 24-12-2015 12:15 PM

Using Aeron with headrest in office.
That combination will make you can't even move much and hold you in position in a comfy way.
It is imo a good posture corrector, if you feel uncomfy at first, means your posture had been bad for a long time.

Home using Embody.
Prefer Embody, look simple and felt simple at first but can be adjusted to be even more comfy.
It's frame is very unique, I don't think there're other chairs with the same effect.
Basically the whole backrest's tension can be adjusted

Don't get Mirra2 or sayl those new designs, are crap.

Silverboi 29-12-2015 09:47 AM

Guys with Ergohuman from Apres, what is the period of warranty that was given to you when you bought the chair? I was told 2 years gas lift and 5 years everything else.

Now my chair is faulty after a year plus and they want to charge me $80 to repair it, stating that gas lift is only warrantied for a year, which isn't what I was told when I purchased the chair.

Honestly, paying for the repair is fine with me but the attitude I received from one of their staff really drove me up the wall. Super bad after sales service.
If any of you guys have the email address of Apres Marketing's MD, please let me have it.

hengyongjie 29-12-2015 10:24 AM

Hi, sorry to hijack your post but I'm actually planning to buy the ergohuman this week. Would u recommend buying it?
Your gas lift issue could it be caused by often lifting and declining? I should be leaving it at the lowest position the entire time. Hopefully it will last.
My main worry is the mesh getting loose over time. I hope this chair will last for more than 5 years.
Thanks for sharing.

Silverboi 29-12-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hengyongjie (Post 98946321)
Hi, sorry to hijack your post but I'm actually planning to buy the ergohuman this week. Would u recommend buying it?
Your gas lift issue could it be caused by often lifting and declining? I should be leaving it at the lowest position the entire time. Hopefully it will last.
My main worry is the mesh getting loose over time. I hope this chair will last for more than 5 years.
Thanks for sharing.

I don't use the gas lift at all. Set it at a position and have never touched it.

It's a good and comfortable chair, I will say. I have slipped discs and it's comfortable to me. The mesh for mine is still taut and has not sagged over the time that I have used it. Longevity wise, I can't tell you much as I only had my set for a little over a year.

However, the after sales service that I have received is atrocious. Bo chup attitude combined with an arrogant tone and slow action to boot. Imagine waiting one whole day from 9am to 5pm and not a single reply, not even one simple email or sms to say that they will get back to me the next day or something. Not something I fancy, especially when I'm have constant back pain, because I don't have the chair and need to use a normal chair.

ipaq4444 29-12-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testerjp (Post 98841784)

can ask if you are attending any posture therapy? can recommend?

nez 29-12-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverboi (Post 98945618)
Guys with Ergohuman from Apres, what is the period of warranty that was given to you when you bought the chair? I was told 2 years gas lift and 5 years everything else.

Now my chair is faulty after a year plus and they want to charge me $80 to repair it, stating that gas lift is only warrantied for a year, which isn't what I was told when I purchased the chair.

Honestly, paying for the repair is fine with me but the attitude I received from one of their staff really drove me up the wall. Super bad after sales service.
If any of you guys have the email address of Apres Marketing's MD, please let me have it.

You were not provided any black & white for the warranty?

Silverboi 29-12-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nez (Post 98959028)
You were not provided any black & white for the warranty?

No. It's not written on the receipt or delivery order or any literature that came with the chair.