www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

CXXXXXXD 10-05-2020 05:03 PM

Made a gif to illustrate the side tilt. Hope it hopes you a rough idea how it works.

https://i.imgur.com/e071rDB.gif

Slynal 10-05-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell92 (Post 126956018)
Chairworkers S7 chairs are in stock on their official website, but it costs $170 more versus unwantedimports inclusive of delivery. If there is enough interest here, we can reach out and do our own MO at unwantedimports's pricing or lower?

I'm interested in the MO for s7!:)

seikokingkong 10-05-2020 06:09 PM

aeron is good. I have one in my office also. Best chair ever.

hardwaregone 10-05-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jermynwee (Post 126991837)
About the Chairworker.

I got mine about a week ago and I do like it in general. However I do feel that the hear rest can be a little lower. I'm 1.75 tall, and yet I find the headrest a little high. Does not really cradle my head when I lean back.

Also I find the side tilt a bit annoying. I like my arm rest stiff, with no movement when I type. So the armrest rocking up and down is a bit annoying.

I'm 1.7, headrest is okay to me.
I am still on the fence whether I should pull the headrest all the way down and let it rest on my neck. Or all the way up and let the back of the head lean against it, I actually feel better with the latter cause I feel the upper spine feels more straight, the depth is not too far out. It feels closer to those physio I did, that asked me to stand against the wall and align my head to the wall.

The side tilt is similar to the concept of side tilt created by Wilkhahn which won quite a few awards a few years ago. Maybe just not used to it but it's suppose to be good.

Compare to the Aeron chair, i realized a few issues which i did not noticed previously.
1. The Aeron really don't encourage movement. I remember I spoke to my ortho at NUH regarding my slipped disc, I was in extreme pain and I asked the doc if I could just lie there until it recovers.

He told me people with slipped disc actually need more movement instead of lying or sitting around to heal faster. Being motionless won't bring nutrient via blood circulation to the spinal disc to aid recovery. That's why those people who sit a lot have broken back and have disc that are more dried up. For a while I was wondering if my Aeron really do me good.

2. There's no doubt that there's significantly better arm movement with the S7. You can do things like stretch your elbow back to stretch your chest and move your shoulders. You can do on the Embody too. You can't do it at all with the Aeron as the top of the backrest is kinda wide and very restrictive. :o

hell92 11-05-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntelFlash (Post 126915764)
Not bad. I've a few slipped discs at around L4 to S1, 1 is sciatica. My left thigh will hurt if I sit for long or badly. So far I don't feel any aches, so that's a good sign.

I slouch a lot and if i tilt all the way, the Aeron will have a gap behind.

Any thoughts of S7 vs your old Aeron?

HelloMotoo 11-05-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwaregone (Post 127001823)
I'm 1.7, headrest is okay to me.
I am still on the fence whether I should pull the headrest all the way down and let it rest on my neck. Or all the way up and let the back of the head lean against it, I actually feel better with the latter cause I feel the upper spine feels more straight, the depth is not too far out. It feels closer to those physio I did, that asked me to stand against the wall and align my head to the wall.

The side tilt is similar to the concept of side tilt created by Wilkhahn which won quite a few awards a few years ago. Maybe just not used to it but it's suppose to be good.

Compare to the Aeron chair, i realized a few issues which i did not noticed previously.
1. The Aeron really don't encourage movement. I remember I spoke to my ortho at NUH regarding my slipped disc, I was in extreme pain and I asked the doc if I could just lie there until it recovers.

He told me people with slipped disc actually need more movement instead of lying or sitting around to heal faster. Being motionless won't bring nutrient via blood circulation to the spinal disc to aid recovery. That's why those people who sit a lot have broken back and have disc that are more dried up. For a while I was wondering if my Aeron really do me good.

2. There's no doubt that there's significantly better arm movement with the S7. You can do things like stretch your elbow back to stretch your chest and move your shoulders. You can do on the Embody too. You can't do it at all with the Aeron as the top of the backrest is kinda wide and very restrictive. :o

Would you say that the chair is too tall for a short person? I'm only 1.6 and most chairs with a head rest are too tall

acer23 11-05-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloMotoo (Post 127012053)
Would you say that the chair is too tall for a short person? I'm only 1.6 and most chairs with a head rest are too tall

I can imagine it will be too tall for you.

ledcoolingfan 11-05-2020 10:00 PM

how to clean the mesh material ah? sponge?

Attila 11-05-2020 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledcoolingfan (Post 127024420)
how to clean the mesh material ah? sponge?

i usually vacuum then warm water with cloth

flipenjoi 12-05-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acer23 (Post 126948676)
Ordered.... wife wanted the mineral color one. bobian....

Very excited for you both! Would the chair be able to arrive before the end of CB?

Attila 12-05-2020 01:50 PM

just received my HM aeron size B today. but i think i need a size C. anyone want to take over mine?

batniss 12-05-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila (Post 127035769)
just received my HM aeron size B today. but i think i need a size C. anyone want to take over mine?

me, at what price and where?

warranty not transferrable yes?

ElZedHaitch 12-05-2020 02:32 PM

Can I check for hm chairs. Warranty in Singapore will be covered by what company?

Very interested in getting an aeron or something nice.

Attila 12-05-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batniss (Post 127036209)
me, at what price and where?

warranty not transferrable yes?

i bought from shopee. so warranty will deal directly with the seller or to HM.
$1650 pick up at punggol. graphite fully loaded

Attila 12-05-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElZedHaitch (Post 127036743)
Can I check for hm chairs. Warranty in Singapore will be covered by what company?

Very interested in getting an aeron or something nice.

if u buy from xtra then they cover warranty. but not worth paying $500 extra for it.