www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/desktop-chair-roundup-ergonomic-chair-5145875.html)

vamprose 13-05-2020 11:58 AM

seems like s7 now has two sizes (regular and euro)

was that available previously?

Swiftbladez 13-05-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vamprose (Post 127050483)
youtube flooded with all the positive SL reviews now :s13:
quite amazing tbh

Their chairs aren't bad. Especially overseas with better weathers than Singapore, they last much longer. They look good too.

Not that I'm defending them (especially when you see my previous posts) but the point is that they aren't horrible like a scam or anything like that. They just aren't good enough especially given Singapore context and environment.

Nakedtoes 13-05-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila (Post 127056125)
how do they know if you are 2nd owner? there is no warranty registration

U nv buy thing from big brands before??:o

DriftKing 13-05-2020 01:27 PM

For those purchased S7 last batch, does yours follow these dimensions? https://www.chairworkers.com/wp-cont...ro-version.png

Seems like this Euro ver is pretty darn huge. I just measured my Size B Aeron (I'm about 172cm), it's like an upsized , size C of Aeron.( Checked against Aeron sizing, it does seem it's a size C).

Unfortunately means will have to wait longer for those average sizing like myself..almost pay already last night. Thanks for pointing out there was a different version!

hardwaregone 13-05-2020 01:48 PM

The seat depth is adjustable like Embody which has no size. Aeron seat is fixed and can not be adjusted. Don't think can compare the same way.

I'm 1.7m.

bleachberu 13-05-2020 02:18 PM

Hi All

Lucky I found this thread. Thinking of replacing my current study chair given the WFH and my chair is worn out.

Tempted to invest in HM but it's pricey and I may be returning to work fully in June. The S7 seems to be a good compromise from what I read here, at close to 50% of HM price.

Chairworkers have stock apparently. Should I order it with carpet or hard floor casters please? My flooring is wood parquet.

TIA!

Cheers

hardwaregone 13-05-2020 02:25 PM

From what I read, hard floor casters have a rubber like coat to prevent scratching the floor.

You only use carpet casters for carpet. Last time when I went to Xtra, they don't have the hard floor casters and insist that carpet is good for hard floor. Sounds like very bad advice to me, imagine scratching some expensive wood flooring.

I saw their display units with carpet casters leaving trail around.

DriftKing 13-05-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwaregone (Post 127060049)
The seat depth is adjustable like Embody which has no size. Aeron seat is fixed and can not be adjusted. Don't think can compare the same way.

I'm 1.7m.

You can compare it, if the width is 50cm fixed depth size B Aeron, and euro version is 54-60cm (not accurate, just giving an example), easily you can tell the euro S7 is already larger. Same logic as the height and width.

Aeron B is 68.5cm wide, S7 euro is 74cm.

I will consider S7 euro as size C Aeron.

vamprose 13-05-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 127059556)
For those purchased S7 last batch, does yours follow these dimensions? https://www.chairworkers.com/wp-cont...ro-version.png

Seems like this Euro ver is pretty darn huge. I just measured my Size B Aeron (I'm about 172cm), it's like an upsized , size C of Aeron.( Checked against Aeron sizing, it does seem it's a size C).

Unfortunately means will have to wait longer for those average sizing like myself..almost pay already last night. Thanks for pointing out there was a different version!

just checking, do you find size b aeron to be okay or too big? i'm around the same height as you but on the skinner side

acer23 13-05-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleachberu (Post 127060769)
Hi All

Lucky I found this thread. Thinking of replacing my current study chair given the WFH and my chair is worn out.

Tempted to invest in HM but it's pricey and I may be returning to work fully in June. The S7 seems to be a good compromise from what I read here, at close to 50% of HM price.

Chairworkers have stock apparently. Should I order it with carpet or hard floor casters please? My flooring is wood parquet.

TIA!

Cheers

If you have the budget, get aeron, at least got very good resale value and good brand.

acer23 13-05-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vamprose (Post 127061403)
just checking, do you find size b aeron to be okay or too big? i'm around the same height as you but on the skinner side

I am about 1.8 90kg, ok on B.

wert 13-05-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 127061062)
You can compare it, if the width is 50cm fixed depth size B Aeron, and euro version is 54-60cm (not accurate, just giving an example), easily you can tell the euro S7 is already larger. Same logic as the height and width.

Aeron B is 68.5cm wide, S7 euro is 74cm.

I will consider S7 euro as size C Aeron.

I emailed them asking about the same thing, but I got my answer from here. Same boat, almost paid, but a bit concern about size, I am under 1.7m.

DriftKing 13-05-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vamprose (Post 127061403)

172 @ 78kg, just right. Cannot imagine going bigger, there's loads of room for the width at around 7cm each side to the arm rest space

wert 13-05-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftKing (Post 127062891)
172 @ 78kg, just right. Cannot imagine going bigger, there's loads of room for the width at around 7cm each side to the arm rest space

I can cross my legs comfortably on my current chair that is only 68cm across, although I am of a smaller build. Euro size might be too big for me.

Gloom me 13-05-2020 04:16 PM

Checking if anyone has this chair, hoping for a review.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/14...g?v=1500373973

https://store.benel.com.sg/collectio...aeria-highback